2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing all the tickers! I want one! But I am waiting for FD to be official before I pick dates, argh.

I can't imagine how in the world this is easier than waiting to book a new free dining package when the offer comes online. There is no benefit to having a reservation ahead of time since modifications are allowed only if there is availability. And whatever the person booked may not be available.

I meant for those who plan to book SOMETHING. The change from room only to package is time consuming. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

Last year we did CBR for the kids pirate splash pool and the week we were there it was closed! My boys still had a great time in the regular pool and going down the slides though. I was nervous about CBR being so big but only because the bridge was closed when we were there. Honestly it wasn't as issue at all! They had a boat for us and shuttles but honestly a lot of the time I just walked the .7 mile from Aruba to the food/pool. I should add though that I go to the gym 3-4x a week so all that walking doesn't really bother me but I could see how it could be a lot especially after a day in the park. This year I'm thinking of trying POR. I've stayed at POFQ and loved it! They just opened an amazing Mardi Gras kid splash area that looks awesome at POFQ. According to what I've read it's .56 mile to walk from the pool at POR to POFQ so that's less than I walked at CBR and you can use both pools!
Oh wow, that seems like a lot of walking to me! I want to try CBR but I'm afraid of all the talk about how far everything is. I've done the walk from POFQ to POR and I thought I was going to die, lol. To be fair, it was 90+ degrees, we had just come from a park, and I was 6 months pregnant with round ligament pain. I am just surprised the walk from Aruba to the food/pool was even longer! I wish POFQ wasn't excluded from FD.

The will be added eventually, but I find it quite frustrating planning out my park days.

This is us! Each year, while at the end of our Disney trip the kids ask "when are we coming back?!" my response is always in 10 years because I am exhausted and they aren't acting like I want them to. Then a few months later I am talking to DH about when we can return. It's the only vacation I ever want to take honestly!

I have no plans on returning in 2017 because our Disney trips are usually every 1 1/2 - 2 years, but I WILL be booking BB just in case.
OH my goodness! I seriously am new to this. I have gone 2014,2015, and now have a trip planned Nov. of this year. The above mentioned is EXactly what happens to me. I am not joking when I say I was starting to feel I had a problem that was going to require therapy and/or medications. I'm glad I am not alone!party:

Last year we did CBR for the kids pirate splash pool and the week we were there it was closed! My boys still had a great time in the regular pool and going down the slides though. I was nervous about CBR being so big but only because the bridge was closed when we were there. Honestly it wasn't as issue at all! They had a boat for us and shuttles but honestly a lot of the time I just walked the .7 mile from Aruba to the food/pool. I should add though that I go to the gym 3-4x a week so all that walking doesn't really bother me but I could see how it could be a lot especially after a day in the park. This year I'm thinking of trying POR. I've stayed at POFQ and loved it! They just opened an amazing Mardi Gras kid splash area that looks awesome at POFQ. According to what I've read it's .56 mile to walk from the pool at POR to POFQ so that's less than I walked at CBR and you can use both pools!

Thank you, this is great! It was about 0.4 from our room on the far side of Jamaica to the main pool when we stayed at CBR, we were able to go over the island and it wasn't a bad walk but far enough that we didn't go as much as we might have had it been closer, maybe for drinks or coffee. I plotted it out on Google Maps and some of the furthest rooms at POR are about 0.4 too so that's not too bad.

I chose CBR for my 2-year-old for the splash pool too - and then the first time the bucket dumped the water on his head he was done, lol. He refused to go in there! :rolleyes: But he liked the main pool along with my older kids so it was all good.

Whew! The sense of accomplishment I'm experiencing from reading pages 174-218 is just not right. I've been caught up on the thread until last week, but since then can't seem to stay caught up! Until today! :yay:
I'm obviously not a big contributor, but do appreciate the wealth of information you all provide. :worship: :thanks:

...my name is Seasonality, and I'm addicted to this thread. :crazy:

Whew! The sense of accomplishment I'm experiencing from reading pages 174-218 is just not right. I've been caught up on the thread until last week, but since then can't seem to stay caught up! Until today! :yay:
I'm obviously not a big contributor, but do appreciate the wealth of information you all provide. :worship: :thanks:

Hi, Seasonality! :wave:

Just like any reservation, you can only modify your bounce back for different dates or resorts if there is availability. And for people who booked their bb with the old ticket prices, any modification will give you the new ticket prices. My sister tried to add a day to her free dining bounceback and they wouldn't let her do it unless she switched to a Royal room from her standard room. So she just added a room only reservation for the one day instead of changing her bounceback. It was a lot cheaper.

Can I ask when your sister is booked for? I'm booked in a 5 person POR room and it sounds like they're already booked :( doesn't give me much hope for free dining. I'm willing to change resorts to save money but need that Murphy bed... The family suites at all stars plus the dining upgrade AND increase ticket prices AND PH almost negate FD for us

Every year by the end of the trip, we've had enough Disney-we call this our Disney Hangover. We go through the whole "maybe we will/should vacation somewhere else next time" thing. Then within a few months, often quicker than that, we start to hear Disney whisper to us once again. So I'll go to start looking at dates and promos, etc. and before you know it I'm in full withdraw and here I am- waiting with my fellow addicts for FD, lol.

This year-I WILL be booking BB. I'm going to do it the day we get there before my head hits the pillow on the first night while the excitement is fresh and the Hangover is still a week away.

I will admit this thread really does add to the excitement:tongue:

I have never been offered a free dining bounce back. Are these random? I check every time but nada.

I have never been offered a free dining bounce back. Are these random? I check every time but nada.
The BB offer should be in a booklet in your room..hidden in the middle of it. That doesn't happen often though..they're either not placed in your room or sometimes, you have an expired BB offer sitting in it. Always dial x8844 from your room and ask what the current BB is and then you can book from there.
You do have until 9pm (it might be 10pm) on the day of check out to book it.

You put how I feel into words perfectly.

Any new credible gossip on the Monday thing? I have a Disney planner who usually tells me about 1 to 2 days out about it. She hasn't spoken as of yet. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter