2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. We decided to wait until next year to go but I'm still seeing what things are like for this year because I definitely want FD next. It looks like 15 hours in and everything is picked over? Is this true? I can't find one standard room at CSR or CB for Nov or Dec.

What is everyone's experiences today?
I called in at 7:15 this morning and was told no availability for CB for Nov 15-25. I have tried all of the way through now. I am completely mystified......

Dl99, we were very disappointed with the POR selections. Only RR's available and we don't like them so our second choice was CBR, but they only had Pirate Rooms, so we turned that down and at the moment we have standard at CSR. If things don't change for either of us I'll buy you a drink at CSR the last week in August.
Yes, only RR's available when I booked this morning too. At the moment, there is zero availability at POR for my dates. But my family is mad at me cause I didn't book Pop. I tried to show them pictures of CSR, but so far they are not impressed. So yeah, thanks, I'm going to need that drink at CSR. :rotfl:

There were many options with Disney visa that were not available to the gp. I booked free dining in a preferred room at cbr at 4:30 this afternoon for myself and sil.
Hmmm, I have a Disney Visa, and it is tied to my account as my credit card, but cannot see how to access those deals.

I called in at 7:15 this morning and was told no availability for CB for Nov 15-25. I have tried all of the way through now. I am completely mystified......

Plenty available with the Disney visa. Boggles my mind why more people don't have the card even if it's just for incentives like this. To me it's a no brainer. Availability is MUCH better than without it.

Ok. We decided to wait until next year to go but I'm still seeing what things are like for this year because I definitely want FD next. It looks like 15 hours in and everything is picked over? Is this true? I can't find one standard room at CSR or CB for Nov or Dec.

What is everyone's experiences today?
Set alarm because we are 2 hours behind East coast time. So got up at 3:30am and booked the only MOD (Coronado Springs) that was left for our week Sept. 10-18 and had to book Water View which is one step up from a Standard view (no standard left)
Kept checking all day to see if anything else opened up and nothing, everything gone. only a 1/2 hour after I booked, all CSR had was preferred Suites which are really expensive. So glad I lost sleep over this to get something.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to get POR Royal room but I just missed being able to snag one as my browser wouldn't let me check out and then it was sold out. So, I grabbed CSR - Standard room early this morning. At Lunch time I was able to switch CSR -Standard room to CBR- Standard room which was exciting because we enjoyed our stay at CBR in November. I'm still hoping as the hype calms down and people cancel rooms that I may still be able to grab a POR Royal Room. Either way, I'm happy to get free dining. I know my niece will love the pool at CBR if I can't get a Royal Room at POR.

Plenty available with the Disney visa. Boggles my mind why more people don't have the card even if it's just for incentives like this. To me it's a no brainer. Availability is MUCH better than without it.

I've looked at the DV offers. For my dates in November, they only have expensive suites still left at CSR. Most dates I've looked at, there's nothing at all.

We did get CSR, but that's because I booked at 4:05 EST! Even at that hour, we only could get water view rooms for our dates.

This is what I get for not booking a bounceback. So much for planning ahead and thinking it would matter.

I was hoping to get POR Royal room but I just missed being able to snag one as my browser wouldn't let me check out and then it was sold out. So, I grabbed CSR - Standard room early this morning. At Lunch time I was able to switch CSR -Standard room to CBR- Standard room which was exciting because we enjoyed our stay at CBR in November. I'm still hoping as the hype calms down and people cancel rooms that I may still be able to grab a POR Royal Room. Either way, I'm happy to get free dining. I know my niece will love the pool at CBR if I can't get a Royal Room at POR.
When are you going? was hoping for Standard View at CS.

Ok, how do we book adr's with free dining? It doesn't give me the option when I try to make a reservation. It just says I need a credit card to guarantee. I am so confused!

I've looked at the DV offers. For my dates in November, they only have expensive suites still left at CSR. Most dates I've looked at, there's nothing at all.

We did get CSR, but that's because I booked at 4:05 EST! Even at that hour, we only could get water view rooms for our dates.

Luckily I got the email early today as soon as I got visa email and was able to book just about anything. I just booked a second room for friends tonight for same dates in CBR and same standard room. I guess it was a fluke.

This stinks! I was able to get it in 2014 for 10 days at CSR without much trouble. I'm really sorry for those that didn't get it. It makes me rethink the "not book ahead" idea and just book ahead of time and have a TA on it.

Luckily I got the email early today as soon as I got visa email and was able to book just about anything. I just booked a second room for friends tonight for same dates in CBR and same standard room. I guess it was a fluke.

Do you know if you did anything in particular to get on the email list? I have the Disney Visa but still haven't gotten any emails.

What dates? I've been looking at a bunch of dates and can't find standard rooms at mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter