2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

hi all :yay:

just thought I would check-in -- our thread was buried!

I completed the Vancouver Rock n Roll 10K run and submitted that as my time for placement for the half
For my first official 10K run it was so much fun and I got a cool medal as well

i am running another 10K this sunday -- no medal but a great training opportunity!
our west coast weather is starting to turn ugly and the days are so short I don't have time to run as much as I'd like -- i hope by keeping active at my regular spin and bootcamp classes I am able to keep my training in check on the days I can get out for a run!

Just thought i would check-in -- our thread was buried!

I completed the vancouver rock n roll 10k run and submitted that as my time for placement for the half
for my first official 10k run it was so much fun and i got a cool medal as well

i am running another 10k this sunday -- no medal but a great training opportunity!
Our west coast weather is starting to turn ugly and the days are so short i don't have time to run as much as i'd like -- i hope by keeping active at my regular spin and bootcamp classes i am able to keep my training in check on the days i can get out for a run!

cool! Well done

With Thanksgiving just next week, it's time to start training for May (or at least thinking about it :rolleyes1).

After having not really run AT ALL from Sept. 30 to Nov. 15 (bruised the tissue at my pinkie toe joint), I was pleasantly surprised at my mile time (11:07) for the Sean Brock Foundation Veterans Day 5k Run at Camp Parks in Dublin, CA. Proof that training for runDisney races has a lasting effect.:thumbsup2 Of course, my mom smoked my time, doing a 9:00 mile for the 10k (proud of her:goodvibes).

Anyways, since my mom and I are only doing the 10k, my question is will we be just fine for doing the 10k runDisney Galloway plan that's listed for the Disneyland 10k? My mom's trying to convince me that we NEED to do the 1/2 marathon plan like last year in order to avoid being swept because she's scared of the bottlenecks (despite not being swept last year during the 1/2).

Anyways, since my mom and I are only doing the 10k, my question is will we be just fine for doing the 10k runDisney Galloway plan that's listed for the Disneyland 10k? My mom's trying to convince me that we NEED to do the 1/2 marathon plan like last year in order to avoid being swept because she's scared of the bottlenecks (despite not being swept last year during the 1/2).

You should be fine w/ his traning schedule. If you're unsure of his in particular, you can always google training plans and see if there are different ones that you like better. Or you can mix and match and create your own schedule; that's what I do for my 1/2 plan. You guys have a great time per mile already,but you can always add in some speed work to the plan as well to help. I don't think the bottlenecks are too bad; the worse I've seen was at Avengers but it speeds up almost as soon as you slow down.

Im doing the 5K!!! I cant wait. Already have our outfits planned out to!

The Tink 5k is my favorite race of all! You're going to have so much fun!! For the 5k, I'm going as Smee.

Woot!! So , Dh and I ran the #avengers half marathon. We had a blast. So, now we are registered for the Tinker bell half. We are running for kellsies hope foundation. Oh, it's going to be great!! We've taken a week off from training and start training again on Tuesday. so, happy one week anniversary to all of the #avengers who ran last week !! :goodvibes

DH, DD5 and I are doing the Neverland 5K - this will be our first RunDisney event and we are really excited. Is there any thread or post out there which summarizes cousre maps and the start process for races at DL? I've done tons of races in the past but never one via rundisney. for example, are there different wave start times for the 5k and if so, what time would we need to be at the start (or does everyone have to arrive for the first wave?)

Also, DD5 has done a 2K and we'll be doing a 5K Santa run next month which has no time limit so Neverland will be our first race w/ a time constraint. Are they super vigilent about picking up runners?

Finally, I've read on posts from other races that there are character photo ops on the course- is this true for the 5K? If so, wouldn't that go against the time constraint?

many thanks in advance!

This is the course map from '13 ~ 2013 5k Map

It's stayed the same since the 1st year, so hopefully there won't be any changes to it. (It's my favorite)

If the course stays the same, the start area is a little different b/c we start in the park. The start line is the walkway b/w the Castle and the Matterhorn right next to Pixie Hollow. The race starts at 5:30 I think and they open the front gates around 4:30. B/c we start where we do, there are corrals loosely set up, but it is more of a roping off areas and you line up 1st come 1st serve. I think they send off the corrals every couple of minutes or so. If you get there right at gate open, you're closer to the front; if you get there later you're more down Main Street. I've always gotten there right when the gates open and am close to the front. It seemed that this year too a little bit longer to fill up, but not much.

They say to stay w/in the 16 min range, but it isn't really enforced. As long as you are moving forward and not standing around you're good. There are character stops along the course and the mile markers for this race are awesome and a lot of people take their pics in front of those as well. They will cut off pic lines if the lines are long and race time has been going on for awhile. But people were finishing Avengers last weekend well into 1hr30min ranges, so you should be fine.

just thought I would check-in -- our thread was buried!

I completed the Vancouver Rock n Roll 10K run and submitted that as my time for placement for the half
For my first official 10K run it was so much fun and I got a cool medal as well

i am running another 10K this sunday -- no medal but a great training opportunity!
our west coast weather is starting to turn ugly and the days are so short I don't have time to run as much as I'd like -- i hope by keeping active at my regular spin and bootcamp classes I am able to keep my training in check on the days I can get out for a run!
I'm running a 10K on Thursday. Can I submit my time for the Half Marathon placement? I didn't know I could do this! Also what so I need for proof other then entering the info? Do I need to bring a print out to packet pick up!?

and I will be there...Coast to Coast for Both. Have events at WDW in January and then I am doing Princess in February.

I'm running a 10K on Thursday. Can I submit my time for the Half Marathon placement? I didn't know I could do this! Also what so I need for proof other then entering the info? Do I need to bring a print out to packet pick up!?

You can update your proof of time until Feb. 1st, and if you do another rave after Thur, you can update it again. You don't need to bring anything to the expo, just fill out the info on the page.

Proof of Time for Tink

I think it was int his thread. Jim Stone from Acclaim Travel has 2 kids race bibs. Not sure which age group though. They're $30 and he also has some for the 1/2 and those come with a a 1 day/park tix.

My DH and DS are running the 5k, I'm not worried about walking them to start if race, but I wanted to be at the finish. I see the finish is inside of DCA, so how do I meet them???

My DH and DS are running the 5k, I'm not worried about walking them to start if race, but I wanted to be at the finish. I see the finish is inside of DCA, so how do I meet them???

In the past, they've let people in to watch the finish, but I don't know how close you can actually get to the finish line. It's by WOC and the LM ride so it gets crowded in that area. After the finish, they'll go through lines to get their medal, food box and pictures. If I remember correctly we come out through GRR and Soarin to the exit, so if you can get to the finish you could sert up a separate metting spot in that area.

Also, if you go onto the race site, there's a spectator page where you can sign up for Chear packages. Those are for the 1/2 only, but the Silver one is free and says they'll send you email newsletters w/ info. If you sign up for that, there might be info in them for the 5k too.

In the past, they've let people in to watch the finish, but I don't know how close you can actually get to the finish line. It's by WOC and the LM ride so it gets crowded in that area. After the finish, they'll go through lines to get their medal, food box and pictures. If I remember correctly we come out through GRR and Soarin to the exit, so if you can get to the finish you could sert up a separate metting spot in that area.

Also, if you go onto the race site, there's a spectator page where you can sign up for Chear packages. Those are for the 1/2 only, but the Silver one is free and says they'll send you email newsletters w/ info. If you sign up for that, there might be info in them for the 5k too.

It seems like you have to pay for a Cheer Squad section to get into the finish line area.

ChEAR Squad – GOLD ($69) Package includes* (Half Marathon Only):

All of the Silver Package amenities plus...
Reserved ChEAR Zone viewing location along the course*
Entry into the Finish Line ChEAR Squad reserved grandstand seating*

It seems like you have to pay for a Cheer Squad section to get into the finish line area.

ChEAR Squad – GOLD ($69) Package includes* (Half Marathon Only):

All of the Silver Package amenities plus...
Reserved ChEAR Zone viewing location along the course*
Entry into the Finish Line ChEAR Squad reserved grandstand seating*

That's for the half marathon. It specifies that after the "package includes" wording.

bumping thread :cool1:

AP holders check the updates to the blocked calendar!

Has that weekend been blocked in the past? Might explain a little why they picked that one along w/ the Mother's Day aspect. If it's blocked runners have to by tix which means more money. :confused3

the only date blocked previously was may 9 (sat) -- b/c we booked our flights based on getting into the parks on both sundays esp mothers day since we have been for the past two years on our APs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter