2014 Events & School breaks and DLR

2014 date to be announced - Candlelight Processional (2013 ran the first weekend in December)

Under the dates pending, you could also add:
Start of Holiday Season (began Nov 12 in 2013)

I also saw the Dapper Days is slated for Feb 22 and 23. Their park day is the 23rd (Sun), but they have activities in the hotels on the 22nd (Sat).

This thread was so helpful! Thank you very much for putting it together :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Does anybody have a link to conventions that might affect crowds?

It's my understanding that in the Spring there are several Cheer competitions in the anaheim area and that might be helpful to add as well

Thanks again! I've already referenced this thread several times with DH to help sort out our dates.

I answered my own question ( sorta ) - http://anaheimoc.org/convention-calendar links to the 2014 Convention calendar that you can search by month. Gives and estimate of the number of attendees.

Nice list...
I am confused as to why you list that Spring Break Season ends on March 30th. I know SB can happen at any given time in March and April, but most that I know (maybe it is a CA thing) have SB the week before or after Easter.

Girimama, do you have any dates for California Schools, to include SpringBreak, that may impact the parks?
I have used the Dis Events information and Touringplans for some of the info. Other bits and pieces I have pulled from past threads I've read here.
I'm trying to compile some of the events/times people come to the parks. As we all know, conventions, special events, holidays from school and work make a difference to the crowd levels of the parks.

If anyone has school dates for their State, where they know Disneyland is a destination, I can add those too.

I live in the Pacific NW and am fortunate to travel to DLR at least annually.
I like to try and avoid crowds, so this is info to help me know "What's.. What.."

If others find value with the info.... That's just a bonus.

Geemo

It's my understanding that in the Spring there are several Cheer competitions in the anaheim area and that might be helpful to add as well

I was only able to find two Cheer Camps.

Fri, February 28, 2014 Cheer camp weekend
Sat, March 1, 2014 Cheer camp weekend
Sun, March 2, 2014 Cheer camp weekend

Fri, March 14, 2014 Convention ctr Cheer camp weekend
Sat, March 15, 2014 Convention ctr Cheer camp weekend
Sun, March 16, 2014 Convention ctr Cheer camp weekend

If there are other competitions please let me know.

Geemo

Nice list...
I am confused as to why you list that Spring Break Season ends on March 30th. I know SB can happen at any given time in March and April, but most that I know (maybe it is a CA thing) have SB the week before or after Easter.

Hi Girimama33 - I think TouringPlans is going off of a 2013 calendar when Easter was on 3/31. So it makes more sense that Spring Breaks would end in late March/early April (albeit, I would have also guessed the week after Easter is just as common as the week before). For 2014, Easter is 4/20, so it's almost a month later. So, I would think the spring recesses aren't going to end until the end of April. I took a look at a smattering of Northern California school districts and most seem to have spring break in April.

Hi Girimama33 - I think TouringPlans is going off of a 2013 calendar when Easter was on 3/31. So it makes more sense that Spring Breaks would end in late March/early April (albeit, I would have also guessed the week after Easter is just as common as the week before). For 2014, Easter is 4/20, so it's almost a month later. So, I would think the spring recesses aren't going to end until the end of April. I took a look at a smattering of Northern California school districts and most seem to have spring break in April.

I'm in NorCal and most schools around us have the 3rd week of March for Spring Break and then a 3 day Easter weekend, which is standard for us if Easter is in April. They want the students back in session X amount of weeks before state testing. That said, I would expect the "spring break time" to go until the end of April.

ETA: Just for info, summer break starts for us June 5th.

Are the dates I have above correct for Utah/UEA? Are there any other states (that head to DLR) where I can add school vacation dates to the list? geemo
North Vancouver in B.C. has Spring Break March 17-28. We are headed to DL the first week.

I'm in NorCal and most schools around us have the 3rd week of March for Spring Break and then a 3 day Easter weekend, which is standard for us if Easter is in April.

Interesting, when I looked up San Jose, Santa Clara, Bakersfield, San Francisco, Redding, Sacramento, and Contra Costa Unified School Districts they all showed Spring Recess to be in April (most common was 4/14-4/18). There are so many school districts in CA, so between them, they probably cover most of March and April.

I'm in NorCal and my sons school is of the week after Easter, April 21-25. No days off in March. They are out June 12th.

Interesting, when I looked up San Jose, Santa Clara, Bakersfield, San Francisco, Redding, Sacramento, and Contra Costa Unified School Districts they all showed Spring Recess to be in April (most common was 4/14-4/18). There are so many school districts in CA, so between them, they probably cover most of March and April.

That is interesting. I just checked all of the cities in our country and the surrounding counties and almost all are either the week we are off (March 17-21) or 2 weeks after (March 31-April 4). San Francisco Unified is actually March 31-April 4. I guess it's safe to say that we're probably on the early end of Spring Break and it would likely go all the way through Easter.

:rotfl: The calendar lists 4/1-4/4 as being spring break and 3/31 as being Cesar Chavez Day Observance. So when I looked up spring break it gave me 4/1-4/4 and didn't include 3/31.

The schools in our area did that over Winter Break. They had 12/23-1/3 off for the break and then that Monday after (1/6) as an inservice day. Because after two weeks off, one more day is obviously needed ;) And if a friend hadn't mentioned it to me the last Sat of break, I would have been that parent at school Mon morning. I would have never thought they'd have that day off!

Just wanted to note that Seattle SD has spring break the week of April14th but the districts on the Eastside (Lake Washington, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Issaquah) all have the week of April 7th off instead.

Just wanted to note that Seattle SD has spring break the week of April14th but the districts on the Eastside (Lake Washington, Bellevue, Mercer Island, Issaquah) all have the week of April 7th off instead.

And we are in the north (shoreline) and have the 21-25 off (and I think some other districts do then as well north of seattle).

:)

Dapper Days has sent out an email with information for the 2014 Fall Soirée.

The date is Friday, September 12, 2014 for Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.

Their website will be up dated shortly. For now the info comes via email.

Spring Break in my part of the world (central Wyoming) normally falls within the first two weeks of March, which is rather early for SB, but helps with vacation planning.

And thanks for the list... I did a happy gig when I saw that we will just barely miss all the cheer camp weekends!:banana:

This is a fantastic resource. FYI, the California Dental Association holds an annual convention in Anaheim and the 2014 one is May 15-17. Tons of dentists and their families go, so it may be worth noting, too.

P.S. Per the Anaheim Convention Calendar, they expect 30,000 people for CDA's conference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter