2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
hat said, after SAB, it's my favorite pool on WDW property. The slide is more thrilling than at SAB, it's never terribly crowded, and as an August traveler, their pool always feels about 10 degrees cooler than any other pool on property. I don't know how they do it!

Why is that? For the first few years we were DVC members we stayed at BWV. Our daughter was young and we were a little nervous about the sprawling nature of SAB. I wasn't too sure about that sandy bottom either. I just assumed it would be like the beach and I would always be sandy. Well, we finally made the switch trying a split stay the first time and the first thing I noticed was how much warner the water was in SAB.

I will say you are absolutely right about the slide being more thrilling at BW. So much so that I almost dislocated my shoulder slamming against the wall of the slide. I was in pain the entire trip and haven't been on it since.

Bitter beer ice

Sorry...:offtopic:
Butter beer ice cream???!! Did they add this when the opened Diagon Alley? I need this.::yes::

Yes, they did. I hear it is very tasty. I was going to put it to the test when we visited in February, but it was so cold while we were there, I had no interest in ice cream. The hot butter beer totally rocks, though!!!

pixiedust:

I noticed that, earlier this year, and posted the observation on this thread. I wonder if as the resorts are udated, the rates will be "updated," as well, to pay for the improvements.
Thank you.....of course I switched my reservation to the Orbitz 30% plua 15% off discount from the 35% pin code I orginally booked, then realized it cost me $35.00 more to switch instead of saving over $300.00, ugh.
Our friends we are traveling with are staying in BCV, so we will be closer to them but I was surprised to say the least. I hope we end up with a refurbed room, since it is like we are paying for it. :(

Yes, they did. I hear it is very tasty. I was going to put it to the test when we visited in February, but it was so cold while we were there, I had no interest in ice cream. The hot butter beer totally rocks, though!!!
Ooh... I don't remember hot butter beer either...just cold and frozen. I think it is time for a reconnaissance trip back to the dark side.:cool1::car:

Thank you.....of course I switched my reservation to the Orbitz 30% plua 15% off discount from the 35% pin code I orginally booked, then realized it cost me $35.00 more to switch instead of saving over $300.00, ugh.
Our friends we are traveling with are staying in BCV, so we will be closer to them but I was surprised to say the least. I hope we end up with a refurbed room, since it is like we are paying for it. :(
If you want to place special room requests, you can call Orbitz one week before arrival to ask them to make the requests for you with the BC, including for a 4th floor (refurbished) room. You will definitely enjoy staying at the Beach Club!

We would love to meet them and I think an evening at MK sounds like a plan. Hopefully we can catch up in April. Still haven't finished catching up...on page 120 so you may have already mentioned. Are you working 4/19? Ron and I have a quickie trip planned but could only get in for the weekend at BCV and will be staying before that at poly. Can you believe DD will be a rising college freshman?????

Yep, I'll be there on the 19th. Wow ... a freshman ... hard to believe!!!!!

Thoughts on the deluxe room...... I am not sure if we would do the deluxe room again. While the room (4557) was more spacious, a lot of the space was not really usable space. There is a long hallway as you come in with a tall window. The entrance way is tiled leading into the carpeted area. As you turn to the right. there is a small ottoman with a shelf underneath. The bathroom and closet are to the right. We loved the double sinks and there is plenty of storage space under the sink. The turning radius between the door and toilet is very tight but manageable. The water pressure and temperature were excellent. There is one dresser with three drawers that the TV sits on. We had to use the nightstand drawers, drawer and above the fridge and shelf in the closet to have enough room. Another dresser would be so beneficial in the room. The beds are very comfortable and the bed runner and linens are lovely. The theme is very subtle. The colours work really well together. The sofa bed was a full queen size sofa bed and was very comfortable for my 14 year old son. I just am not sure if the small amount of extra usable space was really worth the extra $$$. Our balcony was huge and overlooked the quiet pool. It was lovely and shady in the afternoon heat. I noticed wear and tear in the room already even though it was newly renovated. The carpet pulls very easily and there were a few scuff marks on the walls already. I am sure these could be easily removed with a little baking soda and a scrub cloth if housekeeping was so inclined. Our daily housekeeping was very good but turn down service was hit and miss. One staff walked right into our room as we were changing for the pool...... The robes and DVD player were not present in our room either. This was not a big deal for us but might be for others. The walk to the main elevators and lounge was LONG but we were right beside the small elevator down to the quiet pool, guest laundry and walkway for the Boardwalk and Epcot. If anyone has any other questions. I would be happy to answer them.

Graychef is having my dream adults only birthday vacation
My girlfriend and I are making this trip together. We went at the end of December with all 15 people in my family (7 adults, 8 kids) and decided this one was just the two of us. I cannot wait. I've heard so many good things about BCV and F&W plus MNSSHP...it's really the perfect time and place to go.

Not sure if this the best place to ask this question or not, but we are going to BC at end of August and have requested a King bed (but are booked under standard view) I know nothing is guaranteed but I am really hoping for a Balcony that I can sit out on too. I am just wondering if there actually are King bed rooms with full balconies? I can't find hardly any info about King's at BC. I just don't want to get my hope up if it is the two are mutually exclusive anyways. The view doesn't matter to me at all, just the ability to sit outside with my coffee while DH sleeps in.

I know there is at least one as I've had it. So go ahead and request a king and a full balcony.

This was the previous menu. The reason I couldn't find MickeyT's post here on the thread was that he posted it on Facebook. He was disappointed that they have removed the sundae and milkshakes from the takeout menu. :(

No! No! No! Say it isn't so! One our favorite traditions was deciding last minute to skip dinner and just have "ice cream for dinner". First they took the option away from just walking in to B&C, and we decided that was okay as we could still get our sundaes thru take out. Now we don't have that option either. My family is going to be totally heartbroken. There is no such thing as spontaneity anymore in a Disney vacation. :headache::sad:

No! No! No! Say it isn't so! One our favorite traditions was deciding last minute to skip dinner and just have "ice cream for dinner". First they took the option away from just walking in to B&C, and we decided that was okay as we could still get our sundaes thru take out. Now we don't have that option either. My family is going to be totally heartbroken. There is no such thing as spontaneity anymore in a Disney vacation. :headache::sad:

You can still get cones and the Mini Mickey Sink!!

http://allears.net/dining/menu/beaches-and-cream-soda-shop/snacks

MY OPINION...
  • Expand the take out menu to more than 4 items.
  • Take out part (or all) of Ariel's and make the place bigger. You could easily double the tables and keep it full.
  • Give the servers more room behind the counter.
  • Make the counter and take out area at least twice the size it is now.
I realize cutting back on the to go menu was probably due to the time it takes the servers to prepare the items. The area they have to work is SO small and during the summer they probably get swamped. Give them the room they need.

I will definitely be contacting the resort to politely express our concerns as well. If their reasoning was the time it takes to prepare items then they should have removed the $23 mini kitchen sink as well. Our family easily spent $150 a trip at this takeout window getting milkshakes and sundaes but can't justify paying $23 as the only option for a sundae.

Do to some black ice that caused a dislocated shoulder for my husband:( we have had to reschedule our April trip. We are now staying at the YC September 5-13 instead of the BC in April. I am a little nervous about our stay there because I have heard it is not a resort as family friendly as the BC.

Sorry you have to reschedule, but glad you still get to go fairly soon! I haven't stayed at BC, so I can't compare the two, but we stayed at YC with our kids and they LOVED it (we all did). So much so that they don't want to stay anywhere else. My husband actually flat out refused to change even for a better deal. There were lots of families there, but no kids running up and down the halls or anything. It didn't feel stuffy or like it catered more to adults at all, to us.

Speaking of YC, does anyone know when the Garden View category became "Garden View/Woods View"? I'm certain it wasn't listed that way last year. Doesn't matter much to us, we'd happily look out over a dumpster if it meant we got to stay there, but I thought it was interesting.

Hello Everyone!
I've been reading this thread for the past few months, and although I'm still not caught up, I've decided it's just time to introduce myself or my trip might come and go before I do so! My DH and I are staying at the YC from May 6th-10th to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We are frequent WDW visitors (I got him hooked on our honeymoon exactly 10 years before this trip), but we've never stayed at an Epcot area resort before. We have 4 little kids, and while we are trying to stay at every WDW hotel eventually, we have been very MK area centered the past several trips. Together, we've stayed at ASMo, POP, AoA, CBR, CSR, CR, Poly, AKL, SSR, and WL and I've stayed at several more before he was around, so we are getting there on staying at all of them. I'm so excited for this trip! I can't wait for a little adult time. Reading this thread has been so helpful, and I love "meeting" all of you. Okay, that's it for me...back to my reading so I can eventually catch up! (45 day mark for us today! Yipee!)

Sorry you have to reschedule, but glad you still get to go fairly soon! I haven't stayed at BC, so I can't compare the two, but we stayed at YC with our kids and they LOVED it (we all did). So much so that they don't want to stay anywhere else. My husband actually flat out refused to change even for a better deal. There were lots of families there, but no kids running up and down the halls or anything. It didn't feel stuffy or like it catered more to adults at all, to us.

Speaking of YC, does anyone know when the Garden View category became "Garden View/Woods View"? I'm certain it wasn't listed that way last year. Doesn't matter much to us, we'd happily look out over a dumpster if it meant we got to stay there, but I thought it was interesting.

I just noticed the Garden View/Woods View today! I swear it wasn't like that last week. It was Garden View every time I checked my MDE reservation. I just made my final payment today, so I looked to see if it had updated my payment, and it switched to Garden View/Woods View. I made a comment to DH, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. (What else is new?) Glad it's not just me.

Ok guys... BC room 4530 has a balcony that is so big I literally started laughing. I will post pics tomorrow, we just got in and it's 3 am. This is a refurbished room and it is absolutely stunning. I can see the Epcot ball and it looks like it's a great view of the fireworks. But seriously this is the craziest balcony I've ever seen. It's so big I had to use the flashlight on my phone to walk all the way down it. It goes across the entire peak of the end of the building so it's completely private since there are no neighbors. I'm pretty sure it's as long as a bowling alley lane. Can't wait for daylight to take pics. This is definitely a room to request if you need 2 queens and are ok with no sofa/daybed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter