2013 dates

Well, I gave my TA all our info (room choice, dates) for 2013 just in case the new Eastern and Western med itineraries are true (which she says are pretty certain). They have already started their lists for this potential opening. We asked for the room we had on the 2007 med cruises and are once again doing back-2-back.

Anyone else considering booking if they open up dates in October?

Well, I gave my TA all our info (room choice, dates) for 2013 just in case the new Eastern and Western med itineraries are true (which she says are pretty certain). They have already started their lists for this potential opening. We asked for the room we had on the 2007 med cruises and are once again doing back-2-back.

Anyone else considering booking if they open up dates in October?

I'll wait to find out what ports they'll be doing in Italy.

What new Eastern/Western itnineraries?

I know Key West is out for the Fantasy because she is too big. Haven't heard anything about Eastern changes:confused3

I am hoping that booking for 2013 opens up while we are on board the Magic, but a this point I think I am spinning my wheels.

ETA: I missed the med in the post. Never mind me. I can probably afford to cruise the Med, but airfare is its own story entirely.

Hmmm, just like that I discovered my original post had been moved here. I was actually trying to start a new one specifically about the European itineraries, but this is what I was referring to:

7-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Messina, Italy; Kusadasi, Turkey; Athens, Greece; Heraklion, Greece; Civitavecchia, Italy

7-NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN (Starting at $949)

Cruise Ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Genoa, Italy; Marseille, France; Barcelona, Spain; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Sardinia, Italy; Civitavecchia, Italy

We would only repeat three ports from 2007: Marseille and Barcelona, both of which we want to see again anyway. And, of course, Rome -- which you can never get enough of.

TA said that these are the itineraries she has been hearing are pretty close to what they are considering. If is (unfortunately) the Magic. We were hoping for a new ship, but maybe they are too big for European ports :confused3

I dont understand why Disney makes us wait, most of the other cruise lines have the first half of 2013 prices out!

Other cruise lines have their Caribbean itineraries posted through spring 2013 (and RCI posts Allure and Oasis through September), but most don't include any summer itineraries. Most won't post their 2013 Europe or Alaska itineraries until spring 2012.

TA said that these are the itineraries she has been hearing are pretty close to what they are considering. If is (unfortunately) the Magic. We were hoping for a new ship, but maybe they are too big for European ports :confused3

DCL's new ships aren't too big for those European ports, but they are required to sail out of Port Canaveral for several years.

I wonder if the Eastern and Western Meds will be alternating, so you could do a back to back and hit both itineraries? That sounds awesome!

I see Redsox above said she has done B2B before on med cruise. How does this work? Can you leave your stuff in the room and just go out for the day?

Do you get any perks/discounts for doing B2B?

I really wish they would do another 11 nt - we did this in July and it was so helpful having a sea day. Plus we spent three nts in Barcelona ahead of the cruise so we were well adjusted before boarding. There were rumors of 2013 going out of Venice?

I would love to request my preferred rooms but am really thinking about changing rooms but depends on the cost difference. An I believe you can't do two bookings?

We are 5 and use two cabins as it is. Had connecting but was considering an inside with a navigator's verandah. Last cruise we had two SPH rooms.

Turkey is just amazing! We loved our last Med cruise. Fingers crossed for Turkey!:worship: We are on the wonder in October hope to book on board. :thumbsup2

I see Redsox above said she has done B2B before on med cruise. How does this work? Can you leave your stuff in the room and just go out for the day?

Do you get any perks/discounts for doing B2B?

I really wish they would do another 11 nt - we did this in July and it was so helpful having a sea day. Plus we spent three nts in Barcelona ahead of the cruise so we were well adjusted before boarding. There were rumors of 2013 going out of Venice?

I would love to request my preferred rooms but am really thinking about changing rooms but depends on the cost difference. An I believe you can't do two bookings?

We are 5 and use two cabins as it is. Had connecting but was considering an inside with a navigator's verandah. Last cruise we had two SPH rooms.

My hope is that the itineraries will be alternating, therefore allowing us to do them b-2-b and see different ports.

Yes, we did the back-2-back in 2007 -- the 10-night Med and the 14-day Transatlantic. It was awesome -- 24 days on the ship. It was home and we loved every second. I have longed to do another b-2-b because we had so much fun.

I can only speak for our 2007 experience, so not sure if anything has changed: We were ported in Barcelona. Got onboard for the 10-night then returned to Barcelona. We were not required to leave our room or even get off the ship -- guest services was aware we were staying onboard (and we made sure to remind them the first couple of days) and they brought all our papers to us the night before. Only thing is they have to close out your accounts from the first cruise and reconfigure your room keys for the new cruise. But there was never a glitch.

What I LOVED about it: debarkation breakfast had us getting up, going to breakfast with no luggage and no departure panic, having a relaxing breakfast and telling our waitstaff we'd see them that night, then going back to our room to hang out while everyone else rushed around. At about 9 a.m. we went up to the adult pool to give our room steward a chance to do his job properly and spent a good two hours, just the three of us, watching the workers spruce things up, talking with many and enjoying the seclusion. Then at about 11 we started watching from deck 4 as people arrived and yelling and cheering to those we knew who were coming onboard. Went back to our room and showered and got off the ship to go off the ship to get our embarkation pics taken for the second cruise (I find those pictures to be great souvenirs). We then reboarded and were the first at embarkation lunch (we never had to enter the terminal, but only went down the ramp for the pictures and were able to get right back onboard). We did, however, get a fantastic picture with Minnie in her flamenco outfit. One of my favorite and unique souvenirs.

My husband left the ship at about 2 p.m. to go up the hill to the museum and took the cable car. It rained the day we arrived and rained the day we came back between cruises.

Keep in mind that during those morning hours onboard, you can go back and forth to your room, use the pool and jacuzzis, but no services are open (food, restaurants, bars, room service). However, it is a PERFECT time to get your laundry done. I had our laundry in the machines before breakfast and back up to get them out before we went to the pool. Just wonderful. The one part of cruising I have always HATED was the rush in the morning to leave, grabbing breakfast, trying to get off, etc. While Disney has the debarkation process down pat, it's still depressing and that last breakfast is a downer. This was so different and relaxing. We even sat in the atrium on the 5th floor for a while watching the lobby fill up while they were waiting to depart. It was an extraordinary feeling!

Turkey is just amazing! We loved our last Med cruise. Fingers crossed for Turkey!:worship: We are on the wonder in October hope to book on board. :thumbsup2

It was a shame -- we had booked Disney last year for the 10-night itinerary that included Turkey -- but then they downsized our particular week along with a couple of others following to a 7-night to accommodate Adventures By Disney packages. When they did that, they took away the three ports we had never seen and left us with an itinerary that was repetitive, so we cancelled. Now I see they are only talking about 7-night, so wondering if that is why. Maybe the prices will be (slightly) cheaper being only 7-night (hey one can hope ;))

My girlfriend has done two cruises that stopped in Turkey and she raved about both trips. She loved it and I'm excited if Disney goes there!

Redsox - thank you for your detailed reply - most helpful. I am jealous that you were able to do 24 days.

I really hope they do an 11nt cruise so we can stay 3 nights in one place ahead of time. But two 7nighters may be an option - but again not thrilled about not having sea days - it was most helpful with my kids. They were up late at the clubs having made so many friends, so mornings were not fun.

I just have to figure out which rooms we would like - without breaking the bank.

It was a shame -- we had booked Disney last year for the 10-night itinerary that included Turkey -- but then they downsized our particular week along with a couple of others following to a 7-night to accommodate Adventures By Disney packages. When they did that, they took away the three ports we had never seen and left us with an itinerary that was repetitive, so we cancelled. Now I see they are only talking about 7-night, so wondering if that is why. Maybe the prices will be (slightly) cheaper being only 7-night (hey one can hope ;))

My girlfriend has done two cruises that stopped in Turkey and she raved about both trips. She loved it and I'm excited if Disney goes there!

DCL never had Turkey on their itinerary. They went to Tunisia in 2010 and had it on their 2011 itinerary before the problems in Libya.

If DCL is smart, they will alternate eastern and western Med cruises.

Yes! This please! That would make the flight over worth it. 7 nights just doesn't seem long enough. I know we could tour on our own (that's what we did before our 10 night Med cruise in 2010), but with a child in tow, its so much easier to cruise, lol. Would love a B2B Med option!

DCL never had Turkey on their itinerary. They went to Tunisia in 2010 and had it on their 2011 itinerary before the problems in Libya.

HA HA -- had Turkey on my brain. I meant Tunisia. My husband was so excited about going there and then it was gone. And the remaining ports were all repeats for us, so not worth flying over there for a 7-night "repeat" cruise.

I really hope they do an 11nt cruise so we can stay 3 nights in one place ahead of time. But two 7nighters may be an option - but again not thrilled about not having sea days - it was most helpful with my kids. They were up late at the clubs having made so many friends, so mornings were not fun.

You can certainly do a pre or post cruise stay in Rome. That's what we plan on doing -- that's what we did in Barcelona in 2007.

Why do you think there won't be any sea days. If you count the ports, including the first night in Rome, there are five nights on the first cruise and six on the second. So that would mean there should be two sea days on the first cruise and one on the second. When we did the 10-night med in 2007, we had six straight ports before we got a sea day. The 11-night had a a sea day in the middle which I would have preferred. But we survived and really enjoyed the sea day at the end. I think we slept all morning :rotfl:

Sure hoping they have a couple of 10 or 11 day Med Cruises in addition to the 7 days.

If they really are alternating between the two, I don't see that happening though.

Actually, the problem with Tunisia wasn't Libya, it was ... Tunisia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter