2012 Fall Advantage!!!

nlbsportsfreak11

Earning My Ears
I could not find another thread for the 2012 Fall Advantage, so I thought that I would start one. I know it is little less than a year away, and I cannot wait for the opportunity!!! Who else is trying to get in to the CP for 2012 Fall, and what roles are you all trying to get?

If I go back for another program (which I really really want to) then it would be Fall Advantage 2012 because I graduate in the spring and there are classes I need to graduate that are only offered in the spring (otherwise, I'd go back then). As far as roles go, I enjoyed Merchandise when I was there last time, so I wouldn't mind doing that again, but I would also like to try something different like either photopass or Character attendant or possibly attractions.

I finally decided, after much internal debate and rearrangement of my study abroad plans, that I'm going to apply for Fall 2012. Right now, I think I'll apply just for Fall, and not for FA, but that could totally change by the time applications come out. I'm SO excited! I've been following some blogs and vlogs of people who are doing FA2011 and living vicariously.

As for roles, I think I'll apply for BBB hostess, MK Merch, MK attractions, and possibly audition for CP just for giggles. I REALLY want to work in MK!

hi guys! :wave2:

i'm seriously considering fa 2012 for the cp and couldn't be anymore excited to begin the process! i'll be a junior when the time roles around and it just feels like it's the right point for me to be leaving school and doing something that i've been dreaming about for so long.

i'd love to work as hospitality/concierge for the boardwalk (or any deluxe really) or else a character attendant or ride operations in the magic kingdom. working in the magic kingdom would be my dream spot, it's just the absolute center of all of the magic for me. :wizard:

what age/year will you all be for fa 2012? i feel like a college junior and being 19 turning 20 seems kinda young but oh well! lol

Hi Randi :) I'll be a junior too that year! I'll be turning 20 in September of 2012. It seems almost surreal to think about... I feel like it's such a long way off but it really isn't that far away!

I also thought junior year was probably the right time -- if any -- to leave campus. If all goes as I'm planning right now, I'll probably be studying abroad in London for Spring 2013... so, hopefully, I'll be away for the entire year.

how cool! i'll be turning 20 in september too =) celebrating my birthday is on my disney bucket-list so that's a major appeal to doing fall over spring. :laughing:

i would love to study abroad, i've been really playing with that idea too! spending the entire year off of campus seems crazy but i'm up for the excitement. what made you chose london? i'm thinking about france myself.

Get out! I'll be a junior AND turning 20 that september as well!
Small world :) My study abroad plans are for swaziland in southern africa: I'd get to spend two weeks on a wildlife preserve studying wildlife ecology!

But anyways, I would love to do transportation and the friendship boats in particular. Boating is one of my favorite hobbies, so combining my love for disney and for boating will make me so happy :goodvibes

haha kirasaurus! this is too funny, fingers crossed we get fall - we'll all have to have a combined 20th birthday party! :rotfl:

doing the friendship boats sound so cool! that would definitely be an awesome way to spend your time at disney, very relaxing. how did you get into boating?

haha kirasaurus! this is too funny, fingers crossed we get fall - we'll all have to have a combined 20th birthday party! :rotfl:

I second this! That would be awesome!

i would love to study abroad, i've been really playing with that idea too! spending the entire year off of campus seems crazy but i'm up for the excitement. what made you chose london? i'm thinking about france myself.

I'm an English major and a theater minor, and my school has a semester in London program that highlights both of those tracks, so I figured it would be perfect for me. Plus, I just really, really LOVE London (I think it goes along with the whole wanting to be a princess thing :laughing:).

Where in France are you thinking? Do you speak French at all?

Kirasaurus, Swaziland sounds INCREDIBLE! It's definitely not something you hear about often. Are you studying animal sciences?

I am actually studying psychology with a minor in wildlife ecology. I want to work in zoos with animals doing research about conservation and animal behavior. I have my sights set on an animal behavior Disney PI :goodvibes
We moved to Florida about ten years ago and my dad got really into boating, and it's just become a family tradition since.

Plus, I just really, really LOVE London (I think it goes along with the whole wanting to be a princess thing :laughing:).

Haha that's exactly why I love France too (or just Europe in general)! I long to Belle... :rolleyes:
I don't speak any French, I totally wish I did but I've taken Spanish for 13 years before college so I was always intimidated with picking up another language. I just love the French culture and architecture - their way of living just seems so picturesque and amazing. :lovestruc

I am actually studying psychology with a minor in wildlife ecology. I want to work in zoos with animals doing research about conservation and animal behavior.

So cool! That sounds totally amazing!

So where do you guys go to school??
I go to Penn State and am studying Elementary Education with a minor in Sociology and Human Development & Family Studies. Although I wish I could major in All Things Disney - how cool would that be?!? :laughing:

Haha, if I could major in all things Disney, I'd have a 4.0 with honors.

I go to Binghamton University in upstate New York. The city is dreary and depressing -- so it'll be nice to get away to Florida for a semester -- but I've grown to love the school in spite of it. It's okay though... because I'm from downstate NY (near the city) and I've turned into one of those obnoxious New Yorkers who thinks that no place else will ever compare anyway. (Other than Europe, Orlando... of course, and New Orleans - I LOVE New Orleans). :laughing:

How do you like Penn State? A girl from my high school goes there and is absolutely obsessed with it.

haha, i'm just like the girl from your school - i'm completely & utterly obsessed with penn state :rolleyes:
everything about it is perfect, in my opinion, i just wish it wasn't as far from home as it is. i live in northern new jersey (like 8 miles out from the city - i totally get your new yorker attitude, i've semi-adopted one myself lol) and the drive to school is about 4 hours so that's a pain. but other than that i love it; the football atmosphere is incredible, everyone is super nice, and they have an amazing education program so it was definitely the right decision for me :goodvibes

so glad to hear you like binghamton so much! i have a cousin who is considering going there and i'll have to let them know.

emily the similarities between us are freaky - i absolutely ADORE new orleans. i plan on moving there after i finish up college :lovestruc. that's a huge reason why i love paris, if the culture in nola is anything like it is in france, it has to be an amazing country! have you been to new orleans?? (i'm assuming you have because it's just incredible! lol)

Hey guys,

I'm also applying for Fall 2012!!! See, you said you feel young, but now I'm going to feel old saying this - I'm applying post-graduation from college, so I'll be heading at the ripe old age of 22 :)

I'm hoping to be a Vacation Planner and then hopefully an internship in the Spring.

Hope we all make it down there!

haha, i'm just like the girl from your school - i'm completely & utterly obsessed with penn state :rolleyes:
everything about it is perfect, in my opinion, i just wish it wasn't as far from home as it is. i live in northern new jersey (like 8 miles out from the city - i totally get your new yorker attitude, i've semi-adopted one myself lol) and the drive to school is about 4 hours so that's a pain. but other than that i love it; the football atmosphere is incredible, everyone is super nice, and they have an amazing education program so it was definitely the right decision for me :goodvibes

so glad to hear you like binghamton so much! i have a cousin who is considering going there and i'll have to let them know.

emily the similarities between us are freaky - i absolutely ADORE new orleans. i plan on moving there after i finish up college :lovestruc. that's a huge reason why i love paris, if the culture in nola is anything like it is in france, it has to be an amazing country! have you been to new orleans?? (i'm assuming you have because it's just incredible! lol)

Oh my gosh, you're KIDDING. I'm absolutely in love with New Orleans. Like, to an almost abnormal degree. I wanted to go to Tulane so badly, but unfortunately, Bing's state school tuition was no match for Tulane's... not-so-state school tuition and my mother kind of made that decision for me... but yeah, in. love. We have family friends down there, so we try to go down as much as possible. I'm down there at least once per year. It's just unlike ANYTHING else in the world. The culture, the architecture, the music, the food, the people... it's amazing. I have to stop myself, because if I don't I'll be typing all night about it. But, yay! So happy you love it too!

I'm about 8 miles out of the city too (really, out of Queens, but who's counting?) on the other side. So, also really freaky! The football atmosphere about Penn is really the only thing that Bing is missing. We're D1, but we don't have a football team. :sad2: Our basketball team is bouncing back from a huge scandal a couple of years ago, so we don't really have that whole school spirit thing going on... and I'm really into that. Tulane has a ton of school spirit... :rolleyes1 (not bitter, not bitter, not bitter... hahaha).

Hey guys,

I'm also applying for Fall 2012!!! See, you said you feel young, but now I'm going to feel old saying this - I'm applying post-graduation from college, so I'll be heading at the ripe old age of 22 :)

I'm hoping to be a Vacation Planner and then hopefully an internship in the Spring.

Oh wow... 22 is ANCIENT. :rotfl: ;)

Vacation Planner sounds like a really cool job! What would you want to do your PI in?

Jumping on the Fall/FA 2012 hopeful bandwagon. Haven't really thought about which roles I want yet. But I would really like to be a character performer. This will be my 3rd-ish program. I have many reasons why I picked the fall program. One of my biggest reason is that I want to be working there when the FantasyLand expansion opens.

:scared1:
...just kidding! post-college has got to be so much fun - carefree and totally removed from the school environment, it's like getting to be totally immersed in disney instead of knowing that in however many months you have to return to campus and leave the most magical place everrr :sad2:

Oh my gosh, you're KIDDING. I'm absolutely in love with New Orleans. Like, to an almost abnormal degree. I wanted to go to Tulane so badly, but unfortunately, Bing's state school tuition was no match for Tulane's... not-so-state school tuition and my mother kind of made that decision for me... but yeah, in. love. We have family friends down there, so we try to go down as much as possible. I'm down there at least once per year. It's just unlike ANYTHING else in the world. The culture, the architecture, the music, the food, the people... it's amazing. I have to stop myself, because if I don't I'll be typing all night about it. But, yay! So happy you love it too!

stop! i wanted to go to tulane too! i hadn't seen the school though until my spring break of senior year so it was too late by then &i looked into transferring but i realized i would miss penn state too much, oh well. i'm so jealous you have family friends there! i've only been twice for humanity trips with my high school but they were easily the two best vacations i've ever taken! i need to get back there so badly! what i wouldn't do for a beignet and a cafe au lait right now... :rolleyes:

This will be my 3rd-ish program. I have many reasons why I picked the fall program. One of my biggest reason is that I want to be working there when the FantasyLand expansion opens.

that's awesome! 3 programs sounds like a dream. :cloud9: when did you do your previous two?
the new fantasyland opening is one of my main reasons for doing fall 2012 too!

that's awesome! 3 programs sounds like a dream. :cloud9: when did you do your previous two?
the new fantasyland opening is one of my main reasons for doing fall 2012 too!

I started off doing qsft for the fall advantage 2010 season. Then extended into the spring working in costuming.

Hey guys,

I'll be going after graduation too, and I'll be 22 as well, turning 23 in November of that year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter