2011 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter Dawn & everyone else out there. Sitting in my sisters postop room typing on an IPod. She came through her heart surgery fine. She's a 47 yr old on the pediatric floor. This is a follow up from a surgery she had 42 years ago. Great odds.

DW and I will be in Wdw next weekend at 'Another Resort' but still plan on enjoying F&G and BC. If anyone needs any resort questions answer just let me know.

Happy Easter Dawn & everyone else out there. Sitting in my sisters postop room typing on an IPod. She came through her heart surgery fine. She's a 47 yr old on the pediatric floor. This is a follow up from a surgery she had 42 years ago. Great odds.

DW and I will be in Wdw next weekend at 'Another Resort' but still plan on enjoying F&G and BC. If anyone needs any resort questions answer just let me know.

Many prayers and blessings for your sister and your family for healthy and speedy recovery

First - glad your sister's surgery went fine! :flower3:

Next ... "another resort"??? :scared1: :lmao:

I'm so glad to hear that your sister did well!
We're staying at "another resort" in August... :sad2:
:rotfl2: or is it :banana::banana::banana:

Amanda

we have a reservation to a 2 bedroom villa. Our TA told us that we cannot reserve 2 beds for each room. Last time we checked into BCV, the front desk told us we couldn't get that room arrangement WITHOUT a prior reservation for it.

You might already know the difference between a "lockoff" 2BR and a "dedicated" 2BR.

A "lockoff" means that it is a 1 BR and a studio which connect. The studio has a queen size bed and a double sleeper sofa; the 1BR has a king-size bed in the master bedroom. So if you get a lockoff, there will not be two beds in either bedroom.

A "dedicated" 2BR has a king-size bed in the master bedroom.

Some "dedicated" 2BRs have two beds in the second (non-master) bedroom, and some don't.

Here's what I copied off a disboards thread in the past. It might have been a year ago:

"In BCV, there are 78 dedicated 2BR and 74 lockoff 2BR. Of the dedicated, 25 have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom; the rest of the dedicated 2BR at BCV have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom. If you want a 2BR with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, that is a room type, not a room request.

The dedicated two bedroom villa with two queens in the second bedroom at BCV are reserved for DVC members. If you are paying cash through DRC, you can't get those rooms."

Prayers to your sister for a speedy recovery!

We haven't stayed CL at BC but we did at Poly. I would imagine they handle allergies in a similar manner.

DD10 can't have regular milk or soy milk. The chef in charge of the CL lounge ordered rice milk for her (that's her preference but I also know that WDW carries rice milk at many locations). The CL CMs would pour us a cup any time we asked. For DD13 who prefers soy milk they would hand us as many single serving cartons as we wanted any time we asked. They would typically bring us out 2 or 3 any time we asked for one and just told me to keep them in my room fridge for my convenience.

For your daughter, just ask for milk any time you want it. If you're wanting to avoid draining the jug by filling a few cups to bring back to your room in the morning (just use the coffee cups with lids) then ask a CM in the lounge. I'd probably just fill 2 cups in the morning; one for immediate consumption and one to put in the fridge for the afternoon; then in the evening go back and ask for another cup. Just use the coffee cups since those have lids.

I don't see why you should by milk when it's available in the lounge. There's no rule saying you can only have 1 glass per day.

Ask Special Diets if there can be almond milk for you in the lounge. They'll get a firm answer to you one way or the other from the CL chef in charge of allergies. They may or may not be able to; just ask. I've had better experience going through Special Diets rather than IPO; IPO doesn't actually check with the chefs while Special Diets does (at least that was my experience at Poly).

Thanks so much! I didn't even think that they would have covered cups to take back with us! And I'll try getting in touch with special diets too! That would be great if they could accommodate!

Happy Easter to all who celebrate and Happy Pesach to those who celebrate!!

MickeyT Prayers for your sister for a speedy recovery and to your family. Don't you just love the IPad!! I have one too and I love it especially for Disney trips!!

Teena if you check this tonight my thoughts are with you tomorrow. I sent you a PM with my contact info. Let me know if you have any questions.

~Nannette

Hi Mike- glad to hear your sister is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated. Have a fantastic trip next week!

Dee

PS- I'll keep track of any new guests during your months and update the front pages- I'll keep a list for you when you are back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter