• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2011 and a promise.. (and a question)

katiec

DIS Veteran
Bear with me.....

After lots of uming and ahing and despite me finding a few good deals, DH says that we cant go back to Disney next year as we have to re-do our bathroom :sad2::sad2: and that we have to wait until 2011
It is DH 40th on New Years Day so I said I would take him for 2 days to the Open at St Andrews next year - even though it is the other end of the country for us!
After spending 3 days trying to get reasonably priced accommodation as we have left it wayyy to late DH said that his parents would like to go with us too :scared1: and we could stay in their caravan with them, rather than in the nice hotel that i found!!!!
It would be ALOT cheaper and i love the in-laws but understandably I wasnt too keen on the idea but..

As a compromise we decided we could stay at the Yacht/Beach club (or another hotel of my choice) for 2 weeks in Sept 2011 as I thought it was just fab when we visited earlier this year:cheer2::cheer2: (although I may have to forget about any other expensive holidays that year!!)

So here is the important bit!!
When do you thing Disney will be showing availability for Sept 2011? March/April 2010?? (and do you think they'll also do the DDP as we'd like to upgrade to the deluxe plan)

Cheers guys

You have to keep checking their website and trying "dummy" bookings to see if anything opens up. If it is any help, when we got back at the end of April I felt like I was in a Disney-Detox tank and coudn't leave the website alone. I wanted to book for October 2010. By mid May the dates opened up and I was able to book, although when I phoned it took another week or two before it showed on their system. (I booked with Disney UK - eventually on the phone - although I would have got a better deal online :sad2:). Basically I was able to book just short of 17 months out. I think it is easier if you are not doing flight inclusive though - just remembered when I phoned they were able to offer room and ticket deals much earlier. Have you tried checking out the website?

Thanks for your reply.

At the moment the website only goes up to Dec 2010, but 17 months ahead would be about next April.

Am soo frustrated as I thought I had persuaded him to go next sept:rolleyes1
but he's sticking to his guns, despite me being extra nice!!:rotfl::rotfl:

Bear with me.....

After lots of uming and ahing and despite me finding a few good deals, DH says that we cant go back to Disney next year as we have to re-do our bathroom :sad2::sad2: and that we have to wait until 2011

Had to laugh Katie,as we are notgoing back again until 2011 for exactly the same reason.our bathroom needs absolutely gutting and should of been done yrs ago but wdw got in the way:rotfl: we shouldn't of gone this yr,but needed a break after a bad year
see you at wdw in 2011:wizard::banana:

Had to laugh Katie,as we are notgoing back again until 2011 for exactly the same reason.our bathroom needs absolutely gutting and should of been done yrs ago but wdw got in the way:rotfl: we shouldn't of gone this yr,but needed a break after a bad year
see you at wdw in 2011:wizard::banana:[/QUOTE]

You bet!! See you there!!:lmao:

You are all such gracious people....! I suspect if I had the option of doing the bathroom or going to Disney, I would just go to Disney and then complain LOUDLY all the rest of the year about the state of the bathroom and the fact that we don't seem to get paid enough these days - only to repeat the process again the following year. I know, I know, there comes a point where you HAVE to do it, but I don't know how I would manage if I had to skip a trip. I just think you're both lovely! :angel:

You are all such gracious people....! I suspect if I had the option of doing the bathroom or going to Disney, I would just go to Disney and then complain LOUDLY all the rest of the year about the state of the bathroom and the fact that we don't seem to get paid enough these days - only to repeat the process again the following year. I know, I know, there comes a point where you HAVE to do it, but I don't know how I would manage if I had to skip a trip. I just think you're both lovely! :angel:

That is exactly what has happened here, too many yrs going to wdw and then complaining about the state of the bathroom!!
if you saw the state of our bathroom, you would put wdw on hold :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter