20081209- The "Unofficial", "Unauthorized", and "Unabridged" Dec 9 M

joelp

DIS Veteran
There looks to be A LOT of us DISers (?) going to MVMCP on December 9 ... :woohoo: ...

... and based on some of the comments I've seen on some other "December" threads, there seems to be at least some interest in having some sort of a DIS Meet that night ... :santa: ...

... and since we're only a little more than 3 months from da party ...
:banana:

... I decided to take the mouse by the ears (so-to-speak ...) and start this thread to get the ball "unofficially" rolling ... :jumping1:

So - first things first -

I think anyone who is interested in meeting should post their pictures on this thread - so we have at least a minimal chance of recognizing one another as we roam the MK ... :cool2:

And here I go ... !!

This is me, the DW, and DD at Epcot in May 2007 ... the DW and I won't look too different on December 9th (although I'll be wearing a Santa hat festooned with lime-green Mickeys!! :laughing: ...) - but the DD will be 1 1/2 years older and probably covered with the remains of numerous Mickey Ice Cream Bars, cookies, and hot chocolate ... and bouncing her way around the MK on a sugar high ... :Pinkbounc

soarin.JPG

Next - we have have to decide where and when to meet ....

Since most of us will be having dinner around sort-of 5-ish (I would gather ...) - and the MVMCP doesn't "officially" start until until 7 pm ... I think we should wait until we see a schedule of events (with times ...) before deciding when to meet ... :rolleyes1

But - we can decide where to meet ...

An obvious first choice would be in front of Cinderella's Castle - where we can "kidnap" a few Photopass photogs to take some pictures of our motley crew ...

Any other suggestions ...?

Any other ideas ...?

And with my 2 cents ... let the DIS Meet planning begin ... :dance3:

We'll be there, too. Three months out is a great time to start planning for the party!!! AGHHHH!!!! Can't wait! We have lunch ressie's at the castle that day. So, we'll be doing lunch and then planning to get back to MK between 4 and 5. That's our plan for now. Looking forward to coming up with the "master plan" between now and then. I'd post a pic but,...ummm, I have to figure out how to do that.:confused:

Definitly in!I am in the I don't know how to post a pic crew........We are having an early dinner at LTT that day and since it is our first trip to Disney World I am happy to go along with the concensus!It will be DH,DS4,myslef and my FIL.
Yahhhhhhhhhhhh I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let the planning begin!:banana: :banana: :banana: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

we're in!!! here's one of myself and my husband...I'll have to find one without our sunglasses since we won't have them on after dark:lmao:

image428.jpg

We are in! It will be my DH, Me, DD9 and DS6. I will post a picture when I find one and find out how.

We are planning starting the 9th slow and getting to MK around 4pm or so. Probably ride a couple rides and then eat so we are ready for the festivities. I don't want to miss anything.

We'll be at MVMCP on 12/9 also. :santa: Never been to a meet before (I'm somewhat new at this). Keep me posted re your plans.

Thanks! :disrocks:

Does anyone know how to post a picture that is in on my computer; I don't have the Disney photo pass picture in my Kodak Gallery.:confused3

Does anyone know how to post a picture that is in on my computer; I don't have the Disney photo pass picture in my Kodak Gallery.:confused3

You need to load them on to an internet "holding" site - a lot of people apparently use Photobucket ...

... and then you can insert them into your DIS posts using the "mountain" button in the tool bar ... where you insert the URL of the photo ...

Yea!! C'mon people - we're gonna be in Disney World!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:dance3:

:yay:

:grouphug:

... and thus ends my cheering for today ... :lmao:

I'll be there if the meet is after 7:30! I have dinner ADR's at Ohana right before mvmcp so I won't be able to make it before that, but sounds great. Thanks joelp for the info!

Here is a pic of my family......

Picture064.jpg

By the way, If you really want to try to get more disers to go, you should put a link in your signature to this thread. Just an idea! I'll do it too. Hopefully, we'll get more people to go!

Has anyone heard when a schedule for the MVMCP will be out? :confused3

I am not planning on any ADR's for that night so we don't miss anything. We will probably eat at Cosmic Ray's before it all starts.

Has anyone done the party before or are we all first timers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter