2005 Inaugural WISH Walkers Team.....

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Anyone interested in a 5 year reunion next January?? I think it would be really fun to see everyone again and relive old times!

What do ya think?

I'll be there!

I'm planning on doing the events in January 2010. My DS has said he wants to go and asked if I would be interested. How can I resist?

I was just saying how I wanted to go back next year. What a pivitol point in my life and I need to get that momentum back into my life. I'm turing 40 this year and it would be great to accomplish that this year so I can say - see 40 can be just as awesome if not better than 30's!

I'm in :)

Great to see you MelanieC, karebear1 and tiger lily. Sounds exciting to think of a 5 year reunion, but at the same time--5 years!!!!! I can't believe that 4 years ago, I was packing, getting ready to go to WDW to participate in a 1/2 marathon. Even though I got closed out at 10.5 miles, that trip and the fact that I tried something so out of my comfort zone, was one of the things I most proud of.

I hate to say that I am in simply because we've been going as a family around MLK weekend, and next year will be DD's senior year. Not sure I can justify a really long trip (like I did in 2005), or two trips very close together. It is soo tempting though. I'll think on it and decide more when the actual dates are announced (or have they already been announced??).

You and me both closed out at the 10.5 mile marker---- right outside of the back entrance into MK??? That was so frustrating- and probably why they post yellow flags along the course now so people know they're close to getting swept up!

It was so frustrating. I remember seeing you and all those others who had walked so far.

I spent almost all of the walk with a woman from Alabama (I think) who lurked on the boards but never posted. We met in the corral and talked almost non-stop for the entire walk, even though both of us described ourselves as painfully shy. I never got her real or posting name, but we talked about all sorts of things. My brother had died in 2004 after a short battle with pancreatic cancer, while her BIL had also recently passed away. Just before we got to the TTC parking lot, they started another sweep and we both took off running. She got pretty far in front of me, and I didn't see her at the back gate, so I hope she made it through and finished the race. I posted a couple of times looking for her right after the race, but never found her.

Thanks for reminding me of what an awesome time it was.

I've been avoiding the DIS because I've been so upset about not being able to afford Disney these past couple of years. I told my DBF that I was going to do a marathon in the fall of 2009 so I could be ready for Disney in January 2010. Is this a coincidence? I think I'm IN!

It's so great to see some familiar faces. I can't wait to see what transpires on this thread!

Would love to be able to say yes but just don't think I can...we will be down there two weeks in early December.

Doing another 1/2 though is something that I want to do in the future.

Would love to be able to say yes but just don't think I can...we will be down there two weeks in early December.

Doing another 1/2 though is something that I want to do in the future.

Hi Tammy:wave2: Been to Sir Pizza lately??

Welcome back littlemissmickey

OK everybody- keep this thread going while I'm gone please. I'll be back from WDW on Friday night- I'll catch up with you then!

I wasn't part of the original 2005 group, but I wanted to thank you all because it was your excitement and enthusiasm after you returned home that January that motivated me to get moving - I completed my first half in WDW in Jan 2006 and have done a bunch since then. It would have NEVER occurred to me to even attempt a half if it hadn't been for your stories - the successful and even not-so-successful ones got me thinking that impossible things (like a 50 yr old couch-potato completing a half) could happen one step at a time, especially with the encouragement and support of a group of Internet friends!! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart!!

Hi Tammy:wave2: Been to Sir Pizza lately??

Welcome back littlemissmickey

We did stop in there once this fall and it was as good as ever while heading down to Badin Lake (didn't get to take the boat out it was dry land under it):eek: but did get to relax.

Do you know where Camp Caraway is down near Asheboro?

We did stop in there once this fall and it was as good as ever while heading down to Badin Lake (didn't get to take the boat out it was dry land under it):eek: but did get to relax.

Do you know where Camp Caraway is down near Asheboro?

I heard Badin was low these past two years.

I know exactly where Camp Caraway is--I can't tell you how many church camps, retreats, etc, I spent out there. There is also a nice new conference center. Are you coming here for a meeting?

I heard Badin was low these past two years.

I know exactly where Camp Caraway is--I can't tell you how many church camps, retreats, etc, I spent out there. There is also a nice new conference center. Are you coming here for a meeting?

A group of us come down several times a year for a scrapbooking retreat. We are going to be there Jan. 22-25th. It is such a relaxing place and the food is awesome (I have learned to ask for smaller portions and by pass the desserts:)).

Hey everyone! remember me??:rolleyes1
I have been gone awhile and have to start over now. Wanted to say hello! :goodvibes

Hi Kamgen:welcome back.

Tammy: a scrapbook retreat sounds wonderful. What a great place to have it. We'll be just returning from our January WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter