2 YC rooms vs 2-br BCV ?

CPer'sMom

DIS Veteran
We visit Disney every year - the past 2 years there have been multiple trips - and most always stay at a deluxe. Have never tried the villas (yes, I know we should probably purchase! and very well may do so)

For our next trip (5 adults) we have the option of a 2-br BCV (already booked) or 2 waterview rooms at the YC for essentially the same price. For those of you who've stayed at both, what would you choose? The reason I'm asking is that I've been reading on the DVC board about how very uncomfortable the pull-out beds are at the villas and would hate to put 2 people on those if they are really that bad.

Thanks for any input :)

CPer'sMom said:
We visit Disney every year - the past 2 years there have been multiple trips - and most always stay at a deluxe. Have never tried the villas (yes, I know we should probably purchase! and very well may do so)

For our next trip (5 adults) we have the option of a 2-br BCV (already booked) or 2 waterview rooms at the YC for essentially the same price. For those of you who've stayed at both, what would you choose? The reason I'm asking is that I've been reading on the DVC board about how very uncomfortable the pull-out beds are at the villas and would hate to put 2 people on those if they are really that bad.

Thanks for any input :)

Well, in a 2 bedroom you will essentially have a 1 bedroom with a studio. You'd have the king bed in the 1 bedroom and the queen in the studio plus 2 pull out couches between the 2 rooms. They have recently replaced most, if not all, of the pull out couch mattresses and I've heard that they are more comfortable than the old ones. I would stick with the 2bdrm villa because you will have a full kitchen, washer & dryer, whirlpool tub, kitchenette in the studio and tons of space. A 2 bdrm is over 1300 sq feet, while 2 YC rooms would be a total of about 800 sq feet.

With a YC room wouldn't there just be 4 beds total so someone would be sharing a bed, right? And there would be the extra adult charge per night for the room they are staying in.

I'd take the BCV hands down!

You say 5 adults, but is it 2 couples, and a single adult? Then the BCV's would be the best, as the 2 couples could each have their own private room, and the single would have to pull out in the living area. The other way, at least 3 adults must share a room.

They have recently replaced most, if not all, of the pull out couch mattresses and I've heard that they are more comfortable than the old ones.

I've read over on the DVC board that Disney has NOT replaced those yet and that's what I was concerned about. Recent visitors have said the pull-outs are dirty and very uncomfortable.

I spoke with some from WDW Executive offices in late Sept/early Oct in regard to some major issues we had at the GF. They promised a smooth stay in Dec @ BCV and then had someone from the BC contact me (this morning as a matter of fact). I asked about the pull-out beds since we are staying in a 1 bdrm & my DS will be sleeping on the pull-out, she said that they are at almost 75% replaced with the remainder to be done asap.

However, just as with an info a CM gives you, I guess you take it with a grain of salt.

What is the make-up of your party? 2 couples and a single adult or all singles traveling together? I still think the 2 bdrm is the best bet, but that's just MHO. I've stayed in studios, a 1 bedroom and standard rooms at a deluxe resort & there is no comparision. :)

Karen, Thanks for sharing that info ~~ I hope they are all replaced by next month; that would be great :)

This trip it's me, DH, DD27, DD23 and DD's BF .... so I know that the 2-br is the best arrangement with having the extra space plus the kitchen, w/d. Like I said, I was just worrying about the condition of the pull-outs for comfort.

Both my DDs and DBF have stayed at SSR and really liked the villa they had there, but we wanted the location of the Boardwalk for our Christmas trip.

Here's another vote for the 2 bedroom! Some people say they don't want a kitchen on vacation, but with all those people, you can fill the full size fridge with water, soda, snacks .. and adult beverages!

I don't think there is any comparison...2br wins hands down. If just for the washer and dryer.

I slept fine on the pull out at VWL in October, if that consoles you any. It certianly wasn't dirty or uncomfortable.

Go with the 2-BR villa. But be sure to make time to visit the DVC models because once you stay DVC it's impossible to go back to regular rooms.
:thumbsup2

have a great trip!

alot of the problems with BCV is that guests and some members don't understand the theme.

the theme is grandmother's cottage - so the furniture is not surpose to look new. the sofa is a tan shade with some colors.

It isn't dirty but to some people might look it?

what I didn't like was the material - it was made to be water proof because of SALB - but I like my sofa softer.

for anyone younger than 55 - the sofa beds should be fine (this does include teens - they will complaint just to complaint).

over 55 - I suggest getting or bring an air mattress.

spiceycat said:
for anyone younger than 55 - the sofa beds should be fine (this does include teens - they will complaint just to complaint).

over 55 - I suggest getting or bring an air mattress.

HaHa :) Oh yes, the ones on the sofa beds will be way younger than that!!

We love the beach club villas. Also, if you are concerned about the pull out bed, what about bringing an air mattress. We always travel with one and it makes things a lot easier and more comfortable. I hope you have a great trip...you'll love the large living area/kitchen, etc. :thumbsup2

Two-bedroom! We're going there in June and staying in a two-bedroom so please post a trip report when you get back. Have a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter