2 routes meeting point driving to wdw

oret

Earning My Ears
Planning August trip to wdw. Will be leaving montreal around 4AM.
Friends who will be vacationing with us at wdw will be leaving from Toronto. We plan on doing more than half of driving the first day-about 15 hours. My question is where (state/city) would be a good point to stop for a hotel that my friends from toronto could meet
up with us at? Is it even feasable that we hook up. Do our separate routes meet at some point on way down to wdw?
I know this is a bit of a challenger but maybe someone can help?

Very interesting question.

My suggestion if they are very good friends and you want to spend as much time with them as possible....hook up at the 401/-I-81 border crossing in the Thousand Islands area. In fact, I know that there's a 24 hour duty-free shop in Canada just about 100 yards from the US border...perfect place to meet come to think of it! This way, most of the trip down you're doing together.

It's about equidistant from Tor & Mont and you could do 81 to 83 to 95 to get to Florida.

A back-up choice might be to meet up in the Wash DC area.

Happy travels!

Not sure what route you are taking from Montreal - 81/85/95?

I assume they'd either be going 401/75 or QEW/79/77/95....

If that is the case - I'd suggest: Meeting off 1-95 in Savanna.
They could travel 70/77/95, and you connect up with them when you reach 95, then travel down together.

As well Savanna (although I've just driven by there) is a great place to visit.

Or Jacksonville, FL if they travel 77/79/95.

Another place, but it might take you a bit longer, would be to meet around Atlanta. They could drive down I-75, and you would take 81, then 77 to Charlotte NC, then 85 south to Atlanta. 75 and 85 join together just north of the city.

Both of these places would put you in the 15 or so hour range for the first day.

Happy Motoring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter