2 Parties Checking into Same Room at Different Times?

permavac

Have you seen this chicken?
How does this work? We plan on sharing a room for one night with family at BCV. We will be checking in early in the day because we will be moving from another room hopefully at the same resort. Our family members are coming later in the evening. When I check in, can I get the key cards for everyone at that point? Or do they have to check in later themselves with their ID?

Terri

In the past when we have shared a room with other people, we (as the ones booking the room) would get all the keys at once. Then when they showed up, they would call us and just come to the room. We would pick up an extra vehicle pass for them and give them the keys and pass once they arrived.

Thanks wfloyd! I do hope that that is still the case. I was hoping we could take care of check in for everyone so that they could just show up to the room. I'm sure they will be tired. Anyone else do this recently?
Terri

I haven't done it before but I'm glad you asked the question. We are staying in a 2 bedroom at BLT in August from the 7th-17th. We (me, DH, DS) check in on the 7th and I have family that is going to stay with us for 4 nights but they will not be checking in until the 10th. I didn't know that I could check us all in at once. It will make things a lot easier!

How does this work? We plan on sharing a room for one night with family at BCV. We will be checking in early in the day because we will be moving from another room hopefully at the same resort. Our family members are coming later in the evening. When I check in, can I get the key cards for everyone at that point? Or do they have to check in later themselves with their ID?

Terri

You can do it either way. I arrived at BWV in the morning and my friend did not arrive until late afternoon. I told them to hold her key at the front desk that way if I was not there when she came she could still get in.

Be aware that if you do online check in, every adult will have charging privileges on their room keys based off your master card if you do charging.

Also, as a pp mentioned, if you may be heading out around when they are arriving, having a key at the front desk would be handy for them. You could check everyone in but you wouldn't have to stay in your unit. They could get their key and go up, and you could meet them there when you get back.

We did this exact thing earlier this month at BLT. DH and I arrived early in the afternoon and checked in for everyone, and DD and her family arrived later that day.

As previously stated tho, if you do online check in, everyone in your party will have charging privileges on your credit card. However, you can have this changed by having the other party go to the front desk with their key cards and their credit card. IMO, DVC should change this procedure.

We did this exact thing earlier this month at BLT. DH and I arrived early in the afternoon and checked in for everyone, and DD and her family arrived later that day.

As previously stated tho, if you do online check in, everyone in your party will have charging privileges on your credit card. However, you can have this changed by having the other party go to the front desk with their key cards and their credit card. IMO, DVC should change this procedure.

DVC has little to no control over on-line check-in, as they did not design/implement it.

If you have multiple families in one room, don't enter a CC# during on-line check-in (or don't use on-line check-in). If either family wants room charging, they can go to the front desk to set it up.

Thanks for your input everyone and glad to hear someone did this recently without a problem. The on-line check in/charging privileges won't be an issue for us as we are only doing one night in the same room together and they are coming in so late that they won't have an opportunity to do any charging ;)

Thanks again!

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter