2 kids with disabilities at Disneyland

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
In the past, we have only asked for and used a DAS for my son (though my daughter would qualify for a DAS as well). My daughter is getting more opinionated about rides though. Is it possible to get each kid their own das and register the other 3 people on each das, so that we could ride together or split up as needed? And if they allow each a pass, how do return times work? If we get a return time for my son for the 4 of us, can my daughter and I get a return time for another ride? I'm thinking I would need to wait to use son's before my daughter can get a return time for hers, correct?

This thread has information about DAS at Disneyland.
Even though it has not been updated in a while, not much has changed.

The person a DAS is issued to can’t be linked to another person’s DAS.
So, if both your son and daughter have DAS, they will not show up on the other’s DAS.

If you all want to go on the same attraction, each of your children will need their own Return Time for that attraction. The rest of your group would be split between the 2 DAS Return Times.

Each person linked to the DAS can only have one active DAS Return time at a time. So, if you are included on a Return Time for your son, you would need to use or cancel that before making a Return Time to ride something with your daughter.

Great, that makes sense! When I was reading the disneyland DAS thread earlier today, it mentioned a return time can be obtained at an attraction or kiosk. I only thought it was the kiosk. Is that true?

We have always received our return times at City Hall, Chamber of Commerce, or the kiosks. I know that wheelchair return times can be given at the ride in DL for the non-accessible ride lines. I've never thought to ask for a DAS return time at the actual ride -- will have to ask about that on our next visit.

We have always received our return times at City Hall, Chamber of Commerce, or the kiosks. I know that wheelchair return times can be given at the ride in DL for the non-accessible ride lines. I've never thought to ask for a DAS return time at the actual ride -- will have to ask about that on our next visit.
When we were there in December, I asked and received the same answer. So I think that part of the thread might be wrong or out-dated. I really wish DLR would allow us to ask at both rides and kiosks. Better yet, use the app! Maybe someday!

Maxpass is really great in Disneyland. It really cuts down on the need for DAS. My last two trips out there were adult only and did not have my son and the DAS and with Maxpass I don’t think I waited in any lines more than 20 minutes.

When we were there in December, I asked and received the same answer. So I think that part of the thread might be wrong or out-dated. I really wish DLR would allow us to ask at both rides and kiosks. Better yet, use the app! Maybe someday!
I have gotten DAS return times from Jungle, Pirates (only two that dont have FP that I have) as well as Mansion and a couple of others that have FP without going to a kiosk, but most of the time I use the kiosk. Never knew you couldn't get a return time at the rides, they always asked if I already had one and if not gave it to me when it was more convienent to go to the ride itself.

I have gotten DAS return times from Jungle, Pirates (only two that dont have FP that I have) as well as Mansion and a couple of others that have FP without going to a kiosk, but most of the time I use the kiosk. Never knew you couldn't get a return time at the rides, they always asked if I already had one and if not gave it to me when it was more convienent to go to the ride itself.
Are you in a wheelchair as well? Perhaps that's the difference? When we used the "stroller as a wheelchair" tag, we received return times at the rides. When we had the DAS only, it was the kiosks.

Are you in a wheelchair as well? Perhaps that's the difference? When we used the "stroller as a wheelchair" tag, we received return times at the rides. When we had the DAS only, it was the kiosks.
Nope, just walked up and this has happened since the second time I used the DAS, which was shortly after it was first introduced. Like I said, never once did I know the rules didn't permit this and I don't do it often as with Maxpass, the kiosks are usually more convienent anyway.

Nope, just walked up and this has happened since the second time I used the DAS, which was shortly after it was first introduced. Like I said, never once did I know the rules didn't permit this and I don't do it often as with Maxpass, the kiosks are usually more convienent anyway.
Goodness, I will try this! It will help tremendously with my daughter's condition to minimize the back & forth to kiosks.

Goodness, I will try this! It will help tremendously with my daughter's condition to minimize the back & forth to kiosks.
Worth a shot, but really Maxpass can reduce back and forth even more than that. I wouldnt have thought so until I used it, now I wouldn't go without it. It makes a huge difference, it actually reduces the need for a DAS and with Maxpass you often can get the FP and go straight on the ride by the time you walk there.

Worth a shot, but really Maxpass can reduce back and forth even more than that. I wouldnt have thought so until I used it, now I wouldn't go without it. It makes a huge difference, it actually reduces the need for a DAS and with Maxpass you often can get the FP and go straight on the ride by the time you walk there.
Yes, we use maxpass as well, but it is only available for a small handful of rides, some of which my daughter won't go on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter