2 Families in 1 Villa - can we have seperate charging accounts?

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
As the title implies, we are taking down another family with us at the end of January to AKV. The reservation is in my name using our DVC points. I am wondering when we check in if it would be possible to attached 2 seperate charging accounts (via KTTW key) to the reservation? I would like to keep our charging seperate from the other family if possible, and ideally have our charges applied to our credit card and hers to her card...hope this makes sense! Thanks. :thumbsup2

In the past WDW resorts would allow only one credit card to be attached to the room keys (but the charges could easily be separated out and then pay with multiple cards at check-out).

At the DVC Annual Meeting a few weeks ago they announced that allowing multiple cards would be an upcoming DVC enhancement in the near future, but no definite date when that change might take place.

Only one charge card per reservation. Your KTTW card is coded so you can tell who charged what. The night before check out or before you charge $1500, go to the Front Desk and have each party pay for their own charges.

:) Bill

Or let your friends use their credit card to pay for their purchases.

The one drawback to using one card and splitting the charges is that if you hit the $1500 limit before the night before you leave, your card will be charged. Then you can't split them out like Bill stated in the previous post.

Thanks all. I can understand why this is an upcoming enhancement, given the number of folks who bring either friends or family down with them. I actually kind-of expected a 'yeah sure, not a problem' answer to this question so am a little surprised. Oh well, we'll just have to keep track each night so we can settle up easily....wouldn't want the bill to be a cause of friction between us!! :headache:

I agree with Deb and Bill, and we take that one step farther. We no longer give a credit card at DVC when we check in. They tend to automatically put a hold of $1500 on your card, and rather than do that, we just use our card wherever we need to...restaurants, etc. It's not a big deal. We do it at home, so why not also do it on vacation?

I'd go with the 'let your friends use their own card' plan, too. Yeah, they'll have to carry two cards instead of one...it's not that big a deal.

If they absolutely must use the KTTW card for charging, it's very easy to tell who charged what. The cards are coded, and when you look at your bill you'll see the card's code number in front of each charge made with that card.

I agree with Deb and Bill, and we take that one step farther. We no longer give a credit card at DVC when we check in. They tend to automatically put a hold of $1500 on your card, and rather than do that, we just use our card wherever we need to...restaurants, etc. It's not a big deal. We do it at home, so why not also do it on vacation?
We don't leave a credit card for this and several other reasons.

One, if we have to pull out a credit card to buy something, that forces one member of our family to really consider whether she really needs to buy that trinket. "Just charge it to the room" is too tempting for some among us.

The other reason - and actually the reason we started this - is that it prevents conflicts with DDP charges. There have been situations where there was some glitch in the DDP computer system and servers would just default to room-billing the meals. Sure, you could get it straigtened out later -- but who wants to spend an hour at the front desk fixing someone else's mistake when you're scrambling for a flight or one last run to the parks?

We don't use DDP any more, but we still don't leave a credit card at checkin.

For our summer trip, we ordered Disney Gift Cards ahead of time and used those. I ordered through ebates.com and got the 3% back on them which was also nice.

I tried to chose an amount (2 - $150 cards) that I knew I would be spending but it was nice not having to carry the CC.

Maybe this is something that you could suggest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter