2 dining questions....

tngal

DIS Veteran
Hi all! i have 2 questions about dining...

1. My husband is not an adventorous eater, likes very plan, simple food. Would it be possible, for example, for him to order a steak without a sauce and if he didnt like to sides to order a simple baked potato or FF's? If it makes a difference, we will have the dining plan.

2. Also, my youngest dd is 9 and there is one particular place we are looking at eating that she doesnt like the kids menu. Will they allow a child to order off the adult menu with the dining plan or is this "frowned" upon?

Thanks!

Lisa

It is usually not a problem to leave off the sauces and dressings, and substitute sides. But no, you cannot get an adult meal for a 9 year on the plan. You would have to either pay out of pocket for him, or "upgrade" him to an adult on your reservations...thus paying adult ticket prices and adult DDP prices (unless you are getting FD or SPD). On the other hand, you can usually get a kids meal for an adult on the plan (anyone 10+ is an adult on the plan).

If its just one meal you are better off paying OOP for your daughter's meal. There is no way you will be allowed to get an adult entree using a child's Dining credit.

Almost everyplace will let you sub for some other side as long as it is available on the menu. I always ask for sauces on the side. I should ask for no sauce because I know I don't want it, but it seems to make the servers happier on the side. :rotfl: Most will tell you how good the sauce is. Ok just put it on the side! Even places around home can't understand how I could possibly want my steak w/o the sauce so I am used to it! One place I have found not very flexible is the wave. The sauce is no problem but the side is. They don't have fries or mash potato. I don't know about all signatures (LC, YSh don't have baked). But I can't think of a TS that serves baked potato.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter