2 days in Miami hotel recommendations

Kebova1

Earning My Ears
We are taking a cruise out of Miami that leaves Dec 2 and are thinking of doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Miami. We will be driving down and will park at the port so we can debark asap to drive to HHI to meet up with family. We have never been to Miami so this will be a first. Any suggestions for a hotel?

We are taking a cruise out of Miami that leaves Dec 2 and are thinking of doing 2 nights pre-cruise in Miami. We will be driving down and will park at the port so we can debark asap to drive to HHI to meet up with family. We have never been to Miami so this will be a first. Any suggestions for a hotel?

We have only stayed in Miami once before a cruise (other times we drove down from Orlando day of). We got a great deal on hotwire for the Intercontinental by the port for around $90 a night. We had a view of the port from our window, so could see the Magic on embarkment day. It was also within walking distance of several restaurants and a Walgreens (but could have been a CVS, I don't remember). Very nice hotel, and we would stay again.

My family is staying at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay on January 3rd prior to our cruise. It’s right on the water with a view of the port. It looks really nice.
There is a Marriott right next door.

I was thinking of doing Two nights too, but we are a family of 6 and need 2 rooms. Prices for early January are pretty high, so we have to be happy with one night. I looked at beach front but it was pretty pricey.

With the Doubletree we are getting a 4 bedroom suite/condo for less money than beachfront.

Good luck with your search.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn across the port fo 1,5 days before my cruise this January. I had a room overlooking the bay. The room was great for a good price and there was plenty to see in the neighbourhood to get me through those days.

We did Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It’s directlu across from a great shopping/eating area and a few minutes drive from the port. There’s also a park across the street as well. It was about $500 for 2 nights in early January.

Last January, we stayed 3 nights pre-cruise at the Hampton Inn Brickell. It was a great location, right in the middle of a fun restaurant and shopping area. It is also next to the transit, so it is easy to get around. They had a shuttle to the port (reasonable, but I can't remember the price) and a hot breakfast buffet.

Looking around it seems like Doubletree Biscayne Bay is the cheapest at about $350 for a bay view and another $60 for valet parking. Not to bad for Miami I guess. Now I am also pondering doing Vero Beach, since we are DVC I could use points and there is availability! Anyone drive from Vero to Miami? Google maps says 2 1/2 hrs but I'm concerned about traffic on a Monday morning, thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter