2 bedroom villa-where would you put these people?

thumpersfriend

DIS Veteran
Okay, if we rented a 2 bedroom villa, how would you work this. Me and DH-DS and his wife and 3yo - DD 27(single) & DS 30 (single) total 6 adults and a 3yo. Would be able to bring an aero bed if necessary, or should we rent a studio also? How would you figure this out? I want everyone to be comfortable and have a great time. I know you DVC ers are the experts and can figure this one out. Thanks.

It depends a little on which resort you are talking about. Six adults and a 3 year old are fine in a 2 bedroom at OKW, because you will have 2 queen size beds, a king size bed, a queen size pull out and a pac N play crib. I would reccomend putting the two single adults in the second bedroom with the two beds. I would then put t he young couple and 3 YO in the master with the king bed and either an air mat or cushions from the sofa for the 3 YO. Unfortunately, that leaves the pull out for you and DH. If you are thinking about any of the other DVC resorts, I would say a 2 bedroom would not be large enough unless you can get a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom instead of the 1 bed and pull out that many have. There is now question a 2 bedroom plus a studio or a 3 bedroom GV would be better.

We recently returned from BCV where we stayed in a dedicated 2 bedroom. We are a family of 6 and it worked out fine. I would also suggest putting the 2 single adults in the 2nd bedroom. The only question is if you are willing to take the foldout and let the couple with the 3 yr. old have the master. BTW, we requested a dedicated with 2 queens in the second br 11 months out and had no problem getting it. It may be harder to get on shorter notice.

I guess my first thoughts would be...

I'm sorry to say that I think I would put your son with his wife and young child in the Master Bedroom. A three year old may need naps or a quiet place to sleep that would be seperate from the rest. The little one could sleep on an aero bed or just sleep in the king with mom and dad. You and DH would have the queen in the second bedroom. Your DD and DS could decide between the Queen pullout sofa in the livingroom and either the second queen bed or double pullout sofa in the second bedroom. Without knowing them, I would put your DS on the livingroom sofa.

Of couse if you didn't want to give up the master bedroom..
Bring a Aero bed for the little one and put your DS and his wife in the queen of the second bedroom with the little one on the floor next to them.

That's my guess anyway;)

I kind of figured that we, my DH and I would be in the living area because we are usually up earlier and can make the coffee. Would there be an area for a twin size aero bed in the living area? Sometimes DH snores, especially if he is really tired and I have to move. The pullout in the second bedroom would work though for the 2 singles? That's a good idea about the couch cushions for a bed for the 3yo, didn't think of that!

It sounds like a grand villa is the way to go. Or you get the master bedroom of course, the couple with the child gets one of the beds in the second bedroom and one of your other children probably the girl gets the second bed that she can share with the second couples child or I guess it is her niece. The last adult gets the pull out in the living room. If you use OKW you will get two queens in the second bedroom. For me personally there is no way I would do this, I got a grand-villa when all I had was 5 adults and one child. One adult, got one bedroom to himself that had two beds, he also got the bathroom to himself. The other couple with a child got the second bedroom and a bathroom to themselves, and finally my wife and I got the master-bedroom. There is no way I give up the master bedroom to anyone else, I paid for everything including the tickets to the parks. Well the tickets to the parks were free at that time which made the trip less expensive then it would today.

Poorman believe me I have tried earplugs! I have thought of the Grand villas but I have asked and since I am not a DVC member, they said my chances were almost nil. So the other choice would be a 2 bedroom and then a studio? I have pretty big guys , all over 6'2 so I almost think we would feel cramped in just a 2 bedroom. We would like BWV's, not OKW because of the location. What would be the likelyhood of renting from 1 person only?

You've had some good replies. Just wanted to let you know that I feel your confusion. Trying to figure out where to put two sets of brother/wife/kidlets(5 and 6&8), myself & DD(16) & DM in an OKW GV... 1st trip for both brothers and one SIL to WDW, other SIL never at OKW.

So which brother gets the bigger room?

Oh, the joys of sibling politics!:tongue:

Originally posted by thumpersfriend
What would be the likelyhood of renting from 1 person only? [/B]

It is possible, given enough time. My first two OKW trips were rentals... first in 2BR. Later, I e-mailed same owner about an OKW Grand Villa just over 11 months before I wanted to go and it worked out.

There are some folks with enough points though.

Our situation is slightly different....2 kids, DS5 and DD who will be 2, in addition to the 6 adults. We are doing a 2 bdrm and a studio. Nana and Bampa get the master, DH, me & kids the 2nd bedroom, and DB and SIL in the studio. This way we all get privacy, the kids can nap and go to bed early, and we can all enjoy the living room area without disrupting anyone's sleeping area. Your group would certainly all fit in the 2 bedroom, but it might be cramped. What I am planning on doing is giving DB our son's room key so they can come and go and use the kitchen and washer/dryer whenever they want. We also looked into the GV at OKW, but decided that the BCV was a better location for all the adults on this trip. SIL has never been, Bampa and DB haven't been in 15 years:eek: For the week that we are going, it was only 5 more points to do the 2 rooms @ BCV than the GV @ OKW.

We have 6 adults plus kids going in a couple weeks. I have a 2 BR and studio. I like having the LR free for anyone staying up late or getting up early. There is no way we are staying DVC on our points and sleeping on a pullout couch.

Next time we have this situation, I may get 3 studios...the "cooking" we do is toast, sandwiches, chips, and drinks for the most part. The studio would give us all privacy and cost fewer points. Sandie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter