2 bdrm at copper creek or BWV vs 2 studios at poly

vbmom40

Mouseketeer
We are traveling next year in early may for a 12 day stay and we are wondering if we should do a 2 bedroom or 2 studios lake view studios at the poly?

What's the make up of your group? For 12 days I would most likely go with the 2bedroom as I would really want the kitchen and laundry. Would you consider a split stay?

Someone just posted the size of the Villas and I think we would actually prefer old key west their 2 bedroom is 1400sqft. The washer/dryer are side by side. I know they do not have elevators but we do stairs all the time.

Big +1 on the 2 BR. If you can and really want to experience the Poly, yeah a split stay might be the ticket. For that long of a stay I think you will really enjoy the living space in the 2 BR. You can gather, relax etc outside of your BR, not to mention laundry, kitchen etc. We are glad to have had the opportunity to stay Poly lake view, but I think 12 days of those boat horns would make me (more) crazy.

The stairs are bad until you are coming home late and the 2 ½ year old is a sleep and being carried and the 7 year old can barely walk up the stairs and then you still need to carry up the stroller to the top floor and all the bags. And then repeat this the next 7 nights.

Thanks to Deb & Bill regarding the number of stories. Since the stairs have a landing I guess it just seemed farther up.

Last edited:
The stairs are bad until you are coming home late and the 2 ½ year old is a sleep and being carried and the 7 year old can barely walk up the stairs and then you still need to carry up the stroller to the fourth floor and all the bags. And then repeat this the next 7 nights.
Now that's a perspective! Four floors without an elevator, may have to cross this one off the list all together!

The stairs are bad until you are coming home late and the 2 ½ year old is a sleep and being carried and the 7 year old can barely walk up the stairs and then you still need to carry up the stroller to the fourth floor and all the bags. And then repeat this the next 7 nights.
There aren't any fourth floors. Most have two floors.

How often do they give people ground floor requests at OKW? Is it easier than asking for an upper level?

How often do they give people ground floor requests at OKW? Is it easier than asking for an upper level?
When I have asked, I have gotten ground floor villas. We do not stay at OKW often, maybe 5-6 times.

The stairs are bad until you are coming home late and the 2 ½ year old is a sleep and being carried and the 7 year old can barely walk up the stairs and then you still need to carry up the stroller to the top floor and all the bags. And then repeat this the next 7 nights.

Thanks to Deb & Bill regarding the number of stories. Since the stairs have a landing I guess it just seemed farther up.

Just to be clear - referring to OKW. Copper Creek, Boardwalk, Poly all have elevators.

I would rather do a few flights of stairs than deal with the hike from the bus stop at BWV to that elevator then down those long hallways. The poly building are also a long walk from the bus or monorail, but when you finally get to your building and walk to the middle to get the elevator then you can walk to your unit. CCV also has a long walk from the bus or boat.... to me 24 steps is much easier.

I would rather do a few flights of stairs than deal with the hike from the bus stop at BWV to that elevator then down those long hallways. The poly building are also a long walk from the bus or monorail, but when you finally get to your building and walk to the middle to get the elevator then you can walk to your unit. CCV also has a long walk from the bus or boat.... to me 24 steps is much easier.

We use stairs a lot at both BWV and PVB. ::yes::

We just got back from a POLY stay in Moorea building. We got off and on the monorail at TCC as much as possible, it was a lot closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter