2 Atlanta meets.......pictures

Dan Murphy

We are family.
After a Saturday night DIS meet in Chicago, I was off to Atlanta for a 2 part business meeting, first part on Monday, and then the second part, Tuesday through Thursday. I was able to come in a day early on Sunday, relax a bit, do a smaller DIS meet that night, and then after Monday’s business, another meet on Monday night. So, three meets in 3 days!!! :faint:

IMG_0301.jpg

We did not take a lot of pictures at the first meet, but sure did get our share of gabbing in, LOL.

On Sunday, we got together at the Cheesecake Factory (yum), and what a nice place for a visit. In the picture above, mommie2angels (Kelli) and hubby, Mike, with their 3 girls, Michala, Marlee Anne and Mary Elizabeth (I think I have the correct order there). And what super girls they are. So nice to meet up with you guys. Oh, and I am on the right, blue shirt. :teeth:

IMG_0302.jpg

As I said, we did not take a lot of picture, and had to get this one of Rafiki, Rafiki, Rafiki (Paige) and her family, hubby, Jeff, and children, Sarah, Hannah and Megan, on their way out. They had come all the way to Atlanta from home in Mississippi, on a dual mission, picking up a new pet parrot (is that the correct bird type, Paige?) as well as coming to the DIS meet. I have known Paige for lots of years here on the DIS (old-time, late night chatters, LOL) and it was nice to finally meet her and family in person.

IMG_0303.jpg

And here again is Kelli and Marlee Anne (posing for the camera, LOL), shorting before we went our ways at the end of the evening. We all sure had a nice time, lots of great conversation, good food. Nice meeting everyone, Kelli, you and Mike, along with your 3 super girls, Paige, after all these years, along with Jeff and your 3 super girls (Hmmmmm, I think Mike, Jeff and I were outnumbered by the ladies that night). :goodvibes

IMG_0305.jpg

Then on to the meet on Monday evening. After a little bit of confusion, with our first choice of restaurants having been found closed and out of business, and me being a bit late because of some ‘car-hood-jumping-nutcase on the interstate, we all arrived at the new restaurant (can’t recall the name now, but it was good).

(Hope I get the names correct, if not, let me know).

From the left above, Poohkie (Tara), ead79 (Elisabeth), imadisneyholic (Stephanie) and hubby, Mike, Pete’s Mom (Sheila) and of course, Pete (he was a hit with all the adults, LOL), and CarolA (Carol) hiding Hugsquared (Kelley) a bit.

IMG_0306.jpg

Thought a close up of Pete (we all know Pete as looking like this (below left), like Peter Pan, never growing older) would be nice (not sure if Pete agrees, LOL). Real nice young man there, Sheila.

Pete

IMG_0307.jpg

Going around the table here (check all the great dishes of food in the next few pictures); we have Elisabeth, Stephanie, Mike and Sheila.

IMG_0309.jpg

Larry’s Girl (Susan)(Tara’s mom), Tara and Elisabeth (doing homework???)

IMG_0310.jpg

Mike, Sheila, Pete and Carol (trying to levitate the table)

IMG_0311.jpg

From the right, Disnut8 (Sheri) and hubby, Rich (Rich finally did say us DIS nuts (in addition to his wife) were all pretty good), and on the left, Jilliebean’s (Jill) hubby

IMG_0312.jpg

From the left here, Pete (hiding under a take-home container), our waiter, then Kelley, Carol, Jill and her hubby.

IMG_0313.jpg

Again, Carol (toasting the fact she did levitate the table), Jill and hubby, and Rich.

IMG_0314.jpg

A family shot here, dad, GoofyLarry46 (Larry), mom, Susan, and daughter, Tara. Elisabeth and Stephanie far right.

IMG_0317.jpg

Sheila and again, a very happy Pete....I think he was happy the meet was close to over, LOL…..J/K, Pete it was great, so nice to have met you finally, Pete, having seen you for many years here in mom's signature :wave: )

IMG_0318.jpg

And then one last picture, ending the DIS meets in Atlanta, from the right, Stephanie, Elisabeth, Tara and Susan.​

Just a big thanks to all of you guys, Sunday and Monday both, for all your wonderful, fabled (and true) southern hospitality. Hope we can do it again, I am sure I will be back. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. :wave2:

Wow, Dan! Great pictures as always. And it is so great to put a face to a name.

Great pictures Dan! :cool1: Everyone looks so happy in these photos, especially Pete!! 3 meets in 3 days...........going for a record Dan? ;)

It was great meeting everyone! :sunny:

Thanks for the pics Dan. I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed meeting you and everyone there. Just say the word next time you're in town and we'll do it again.

Looks like great fun! I just missed you guys. :rolleyes: I was in Atlanta the 14th - 19th for a convention.

We had such a great time at dinner! I wish I could say our new bird has given us that much happiness!

It was so good to finally meet you, Dan...and you too, Kelli and family--It just reminds us of what a great place the DIS really is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter