2 ASM rooms vs 1 AKL room for family of 5

langin

Mouseketeer
Hello there,

The Magic Your Way deals seem really good, it sure is helping with my budgetting, made the diff between on-site and off-site. So here is my ?, my DH and I love the look of AKL but may feel cramped with 3 kids (is it bunks they have for fam of 5? We have 3 boys ages 12 and twins who will then be 9 yrs) then you have the option of 2 rooms at ASM, kids get their own room, 2 bathrooms and one of my twins LOVES the Mighty Ducks hockey team , how is that section? Close to things (buses, food courts?) Also I know it says it's a food court but it sooo cafeteria "ish", not very comfortable, but we don't plan on too many meals there, we will be eating our 1 big meal in the parks so what do you think, any suggestions? Help?

:grouphug:

If your kids love the Mighty Ducks I would go for 2 rooms at Allstars. I have not stayed there myself but I hear kids love the themeing.

On the otherhand, AKL is spectacular. The only thought I would have is the rooms are a little small for 5 people. Plus if you are staying there for any length of time, you might really wish you had a Savannah Room. The other views, just make you envious.

How long are you going for? Have you thought of an annual pass? At some times of the year you can also get a great AP rate on Wilderness cabins, which I understand are good for a large group. I would not worry about the meals situation at All Stars. Chances are you will go to the Park for a good meal and counter service will be fine at other times.

Another options would be to rent some points from a DVC member and stay in a one bedroom. I bet your boys would like Storm Along Bay.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Surfer_ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter