2 Adults for Breakfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table: Fun or Weird??

Kodachrome_Dreams

Mouseketeer
So my partner and I are heading to Disney World in May to celebrate my 50th (!) birthday. I have not been since I was 7 years old, and I thought Disney seemed like the perfect place to have a fun, in-denial, landmark birthday.

For our first full day, my actual birthday, I lucked into an 8:00AM reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table. I was shocked at how expensive the prix-fixe meal is, but I figured the setting is worth it. I have since discovered that it is a "Character Breakfast" with various princesses milling about. Are two middle-aged men going to stand out like a couple of freaks?! lol An 8:30AM reservation at Be Our Guest just opened up, so I could switch to that if CRT would be really awkward.

Thanks in advance for any advice from the Disney veterans.

So my partner and I are heading to Disney World in May to celebrate my 50th (!) birthday. I have not been since I was 7 years old, and I thought Disney seemed like the perfect place to have a fun, in-denial, landmark birthday.

For our first full day, my actual birthday, I lucked into an 8:00AM reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table. I was shocked at how expensive the prix-fixe meal is, but I figured the setting is worth it. I have since discovered that it is a "Character Breakfast" with various princesses milling about. Are two middle-aged men going to stand out like a couple of freaks?! lol An 8:30AM reservation at Be Our Guest just opened up, so I could switch to that if CRT would be really awkward.

Nothing weird at all.

You can pre- special-order a chocolate filled 'slipper'.....

Even a tiara if that's your thing.

Disney is for ALL to enjoy! So pick the one that you want to go to or that fits your schedule the best and enjoy! Happy Birthday!

I am planning several character meals during my solo adult trip. YOLO! Do what makes you happy and enjoy it!

My wife and I had lunch there in December (as well as several other character meals). I don't remember us getting any funny looks or being the only childless people there. You won't stand out.

I had breakfast there last week with my sister. We were there for a girls only trip. No husbands and no kids. I can tell you that no one gave us a second look...

My daughter (20 turning 21 next trip in a few weeks! ) and I eat there every year on our girls only trip. We wouldn't miss it ( or any of the other character meals we love) for anything and always see other adult only groups dining. Go and enjoy!

My DH and I have been five times, and twice without kids (once before kids and once on an anniversary). We have been to the Crystal Palace on every trip, and we even take pictures with some of the characters. So you will not stand out.

1) You will not be considered weird or strange.
2) But, the HIGH-HIGH-HIGH price for breakfast some would consider exorbitant.
3) If you don't mind the cost for a (non) All-You-Can-Eat meal, so be it.
4) Should you want princesses, Akershus would be a better deal.

I think you'll be happy. After a large family trip in 2005 and solo family trips for a while, my extended family (siblings and their spouses, sometimes their inlaws, my parents, adult nieces and nephews) have made a family trip to WDW every year for the past four years. We are currently planning our fifth consecutive visit for next summer. We usually pick a time during off season and those adults that can go, go. Only once, when my school aged kids were able to get away over fall break, did we have non-adults with us. We've done a character meal almost every trip...and we have had a ball doing so. Our most recent trip, we had two character meals. When a table half full of 6 foot plus, 30 year old plus males have a ton of fun with Piglet and Pooh, you know that anyone will have fun with the characters. I'm glad you're keeping the reservation!

Go to CRT! You'll be fine. I've have breakfast there and BOG, no comparison. Both are unique experiences. For your birthday enjoy your breakfast in the castle. Yes it's a bit pricey...But it's the castle. Enjoy!

I took my Mom there as a special occasion breakfast in November. It was fantastic, the service was great. We had one of the tables for two that over-looked the Magic Kingdom. The princesses were fantastic. Aurora was particularly good, good enough to warrant a trip to guest services. I don't regret that one bit. Worth every nickle. And at no point was it weird or uncomfortable.

I'll go against what everyone else has said and say that if you are not going for the princesses (which I assume you are not because you didn't know about them ahead of time), then CRT is absolutely not worth the money. The food and service alone are nothing special, and the atmosphere does not justify the price IMO. I feel like once you are inside, there is nothing particularly special about the castle dining room (full disclosure - I also don't consider the BOG atmosphere to be anything special, but I know others do - YMMV).

CRT won't be awkward for an adults only group, but if you wouldn't ordinarily book a princess meal, I wouldn't recommend CRT. For a special breakfast, maybe brunch at California Grill?

First I agree, Disney is for everyone! GO and enjoy.

I would swap things around though, if possible. I love dining in the Castle and have had dinner there during an adult girls trip. It was fun and the Princesses came to us, just like everyone else. Given a choice, I would pick dinner there, and if you think you may want more Castles, I agree that breakfast in Akershus in Epcot is a better breakfast value. We generally try to book a PPO at Akershus on our Epcot day. WHile most people love that MAin Street walk in the early morning, I do not find it as "empty" as it used to be. The stroll through Epcot in the early morning is my favorite.

We book PPO breakfast at BOG because we like that Castle as well.

Let me just say, "Go and enjoy it." The characters will take their cue from you and your partner, so if you act like you don't want to be bothered, whey won't bother you, but if you get into it and pose for photos with them, they will totally give you the same time as everyone else. We went, just my wife and I, and had a blast. We went for dinner, not breakfast. Reservations are hard to get, but the upside is that if you have a reservation, they will not rush you at all. If you have finished your meal, but there are still princesses coming around, you are welcome to stay and enjoy it and have them come to your table.

I don't think you'll stand out, but I would carefully weigh your options here. I've never dined at CRT, though I had a breakfast ADR for awhile for our last trip but canceled when I decided money was better spent elsewhere. The reviews for the food aren't that great, and so you have to decide if that money is worth it for princesses and being inside the castle. The pictures and videos of the dining room in the castle haven't really impressed me all that much. It's pretty, but it's still a theme park restaurant in a fake castle. Of course, I was underwhelmed by BOG when I ate there for breakfast (food, service, and atmosphere), so maybe I'm a hard sell. And I love Beauty and the Beast, but that restaurant was WAY over-hyped, IMO.

There are some wonderful breakfast/brunch options in the MK and surrounding resorts. Many also have characters: Crystal Palace in MK has the Pooh characters and an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet. 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian has Mary Poppins, Alice, the Mad Hatter, Pooh, and Tigger and an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet. There is breakfast at Ohana at the Polynesian resort with Lilo & Stitch, which is another all-you-care-to-enjoy served family style. There is Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary with Mickey and the gang, another all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet. And if you want to avoid the chaos of a character meal, there is a highly acclaimed breakfast buffet at The Wave also located at the contemporary.

All of that said, I understand the draw of eating in the castle. I LOVE that castle, and stare at it in awe every time I walk into the Magic Kingdom. If that's where you want to eat, go for it!

We've not been there for breakfast but for lunch. Dining there as 2 adults may give you one of the most beautiful tables: those next to the window, with unobstructed view to Fantasyland!

Now that I've enjoyed sitting at one of those tables, I would never come back on a party of 3+ because I wouldn't want having another table!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter