2 ADRs at the same time - same MDE

elaine amj

DIS Veteran
I have a party of 9 for our next trip. I have managed to score an ADR for 4 ppl for a BOG lunch. I'd like to piece together ADRs within the same time frame for the rest of the group. BUT we are all on the same MDE (I so regret this now!). Any ideas?

I have a party of 9 for our next trip. I have managed to score an ADR for 4 ppl for a BOG lunch. I'd like to piece together ADRs within the same time frame for the rest of the group. BUT we are all on the same MDE (I so regret this now!). Any ideas?

I think yu can still set up an MDE account with someone else in your party. I always have my DD info because we often make several ADR's for our crew around the same time. Either we need to do this to accomodate all of us or some of us want to break away for some meals.

I think yu can still set up an MDE account with someone else in your party. I always have my DD info because we often make several ADR's for our crew around the same time. Either we need to do this to accomodate all of us or some of us want to break away for some meals.

How would I go about doing this? Our resort reservation is under my brother's name (and he is a family member I manage in my MDE). Just trying to figure out what my first step would be.

How would I go about doing this? Our resort reservation is under my brother's name (and he is a family member I manage in my MDE). Just trying to figure out what my first step would be.

You need one of your party members, their email address and you are good to go. Set it up the same way that you set up yours. You can use your brothers if you need to use the +10

You need one of your party members, their email address and you are good to go. Set it up the same way that you set up yours. You can use your brothers if you need to use the +10

So I set up a brand new MDE for my brother? How do I connect it to our existing reservation though? Since there will now be 2 of him. Using dining plan credits so am a bit concerned how it works (otherwise I would just use one of my "alternate" MDE accounts).

So I set up a brand new MDE for my brother? How do I connect it to our existing reservation though? Since there will now be 2 of him. Using dining plan credits so am a bit concerned how it works (otherwise I would just use one of my "alternate" MDE accounts).

You do not connect it to any ADR. You make the ADR in your brother's name for the number of people who will be in that party. WHen you arrive you ask to be seated together. This may or may not happen, but in the case of larger parties, there are times when the party is split up anyway.

You do not connect it to any ADR. You make the ADR in your brother's name for the number of people who will be in that party. WHen you arrive you ask to be seated together. This may or may not happen, but in the case of larger parties, there are times when the party is split up anyway.

Sitting together won't be a problem since we are there during lunch.

I meant his MDE won't be connected to our package reservation :) How would he be able to pay with dining credits? Thanks for all the help as I wrap my head around this :)

Sitting together won't be a problem since we are there during lunch.

I meant his MDE won't be connected to our package reservation :) How would he be able to pay with dining credits? Thanks for all the help as I wrap my head around this :)

I forgot that! Lunch will not be an issue. THe credits are not linked to an ADR> Your credits are linked to your room number. THe only time the credits are going to be an issue is if you preorder for all of you and you are all in two different rooms and want to separate the credits.

If your brother has the DDP he can use his band to pay his table, you use yours to pay yours. We link our room reservations every time we go, but we really are all separate people in terms of spending, and dining. The credits are assigned to each room, so if you have two rooms your brother will have his own families credits, you will have yours. If you are all in the same room, he can use his band to pay meals just as you can.

Anyone can make an ADR using their MDE, even if you are not staying onsite.

I forgot that! Lunch will not be an issue. THe credits are not linked to an ADR> Your credits are linked to your room number. THe only time the credits are going to be an issue is if you preorder for all of you and you are all in two different rooms and want to separate the credits.

If your brother has the DDP he can use his band to pay his table, you use yours to pay yours. We link our room reservations every time we go, but we really are all separate people in terms of spending, and dining. The credits are assigned to each room, so if you have two rooms your brother will have his own families credits, you will have yours. If you are all in the same room, he can use his band to pay meals just as you can.

Anyone can make an ADR using their MDE, even if you are not staying onsite.

That is super helpful! So the ADR itself is not linked to when we actually use our MBs to pay? Wait a second - what about pre-ordering? Oh I know, I can do the pre-order for all of us with MY ADR and use my band to pay for that (we're all staying together in a 2 bedroom villa) and he can enter with his ADR but tell them I've already ordered the food for all of us. It's a wee bit more complicated....but I can see this working now :)

That is super helpful! So the ADR itself is not linked to when we actually use our MBs to pay? Wait a second - what about pre-ordering? Oh I know, I can do the pre-order for all of us with MY ADR and use my band to pay for that (we're all staying together in a 2 bedroom villa) and he can enter with his ADR but tell them I've already ordered the food for all of us. It's a wee bit more complicated....but I can see this working now :)

Yes, and since the credits are all on one room its no issue. WE always end up making multiple ADR's for our crew, so I use my DD's MDE so I dont have to call.

I just posted this last night. Hope this helps.

You do NOT need 2 MDE accounts to have duplicate times/ADRS. You can do it all within your single MDE account. No need to call either. Make sure you are on the desktop site and NOT the mobile site!

When making the first ADR for your party, you must choose an adult also in your MDE (your spouse, etc) as the lead guest on the ADR - DO NOT choose yourself or it won't work. You do not need to assign the remaining party to the ADR, (Unless it's a dinner show with reserved seating).

Then go back in, and make a 2nd ADR, choose another adult, and so forth. If you only need 2 ADRs you can choose yourself as the 2nd adult/owner of the ADR.

If you are not on the desktop site, you will not be given the option to choose who to manage the reservation!

You cannot change the lead adult on an ADR once you make it, so you must start this process by choosing anyone in your MDE except you.

Can you use the same credit card to pay for the duplicate (2nd) reservation. I am considering splitting my group into 5 + 5. Or possibly 4 & 4 since two of my grandchildren are under 1 & 2 & I am hoping they don't need to be counted as needing a seat just a highchair for 1 of them. Any ideas? Thanks

I just posted this last night. Hope this helps.

You do NOT need 2 MDE accounts to have duplicate times/ADRS. You can do it all within your single MDE account. No need to call either. Make sure you are on the desktop site and NOT the mobile site!

When making the first ADR for your party, you must choose an adult also in your MDE (your spouse, etc) as the lead guest on the ADR - DO NOT choose yourself or it won't work. You do not need to assign the remaining party to the ADR, (Unless it's a dinner show with reserved seating).

Then go back in, and make a 2nd ADR, choose another adult, and so forth. If you only need 2 ADRs you can choose yourself as the 2nd adult/owner of the ADR.

If you are not on the desktop site, you will not be given the option to choose who to manage the reservation!

You cannot change the lead adult on an ADR once you make it, so you must start this process by choosing anyone in your MDE except you.

Great to know!!unfortunately - I the lead guest. In future, I will choose a different adult.

I did test it and it works - thanks!

Last edited:
Can you use the same credit card to pay for the duplicate (2nd) reservation. I am considering splitting my group into 5 + 5. Or possibly 4 & 4 since two of my grandchildren are under 1 & 2 & I am hoping they don't need to be counted as needing a seat just a highchair for 1 of them. Any ideas? Thanks
You have to include your grandchildren in the count due to occupancy rules and to make sure you are seated at the right size table. DH and I have been seated at tables for 2 which would have had no place to put a highchair

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I understand that I will need to count everybody now(6 adults, 2 children age 5 & 7, and a 9 month old and her 2 year old brother. and hope for a good result at 180 days out. The problem is (when I check online) some restaurants won't even process a reservation for more than about 8 people - they just kick back a message to call dining. Many reservations during Thanksgiving will be gone if you can't accomplish it online.

Thanks for the information. I understand that I will need to count everybody now(6 adults, 2 children age 5 & 7, and a 9 month old and her 2 year old brother. and hope for a good result at 180 days out. The problem is (when I check online) some restaurants won't even process a reservation for more than about 8 people - they just kick back a message to call dining. Many reservations during Thanksgiving will be gone if you can't accomplish it online.

Yeah it's a bit of a pain and thankfully only affects some restaurants. For those, do what was suggested above - name a different adult as lead guest and make a reservation for say, 8 people. Then, make a reservation for 2 people with the main MDE account. When the phone lines open up at 7am, call the group reservations number and see if you can get the reservation for 10 you really want.

You can call Disney Dining and they will tell you how many people each restaurant will allow for online ADR's. For example, Biergarten allows online ADR's up to 31 people, if you go by what the Cast Member told me. I called today to make sure I wasn't over on any of my intended ADR's for when my booking date arrives.

What am I doing wrong? I have an ADR for 4 people, and can't get one for 6. But an ADR for 2 has shown up. When I click to book it it tells me I have an ADR for around that time and that it will cancel it.

Is it because I am the lead on the first ADR? Any way to
work with that?

What am I doing wrong? I have an ADR for 4 people, and can't get one for 6. But an ADR for 2 has shown up. When I click to book it it tells me I have an ADR for around that time and that it will cancel it.

Is it because I am the lead on the first ADR? Any way to
work with that?

Once you make the first reservation with yourself as the lead you WILL NOT be able to make any other reservations at the same time. You will have to cancel that first reservation. To my knowledge, there is no workaround other than canceling your reservation and starting over using a different member of your party as the lead/manager of the res. You can try calling and see if a CM can do it, but I don't know if that is possible.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter