1st time on a Disney cruise

Skyline713

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am new to this board and I have some questions. I have booked a 7day land/sea vacation for May 5-12. I am going with my husband and 2 year old daughter. For the cruise portion of the trip we have been assigned cabin 6126. Does anyone know if this is a good location? We will probably need a crib and I am concerned about the lack of space for one. Has anyone had experience with using a crib in the stateroom? The brochure says a cat. 6 room has a queen bed or two twins. How can we make sure we get a queen size bed? We could not get early seating for dinner so we were placed on a waitlist. When will we know if we were able to get early seating? Will we know before we leave or will we have to wait until we board the ship? We will be at the beach club before the cruise and I was wondering if we could make specific room requests. Such as location, bed size, view and non-smoking. I appreciate any help you could give me. These boards are great, I have already had a lot of my questions answered by reading other posts. Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Courtney, and welcome to the Cruise Board! :)

I'll try and help with a few of your questions:

1) Cabin 6126 is in a great location, near the aft elevators on Deck 6. I've stayed very near this spot before and loved it.

2) The cribs they give you are actually Pak 'n' Play size. They will fit in the stateroom with no problem.

3) Your bed is automatically configured as a queen, if you want it in TWINS then that is the exception and you have to request that.

4) You should know before you sail if you cleared the waitlist for main dining, but if you don't you can check your dining on the tickets in your stateroom. You can still go request a change to early seating (based on availability) at the place and time designated in your Personal Navigator.

5) Yes, you can make room requests for the Beach Club through DCL (or your travel agent if you used one).

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Hi! I am new to the message board, too. I was just wondering what the Beach Club was that you referring to. Thanks!:)

Hi Mickeyfan, welcome to the boards. The Beach Club being refered to is the Beach Club resort at Disney World, near Epcot.

We just got back from the 7 day magic.....we have a 10 yr and a 2 yr old.....we had requested the twin beds be separated and a crib brought in, but when we got to our rooms, that had not happened. Dh said we should try to put the 2yr ds in the lower bunk and tucked him in tightly.....it worked great! This was his first time ever out of a crib. And we had extra room w/out the crib. I understand you can also get bedrails for the lower bunk. You might want to try a night like that. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter