• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

1st time DDP: unused credits?

Pirate Mickey

Mouseketeer
This is our first time to use the Dining Plan. What do we do with unused credits at the end of our trip?

We have planned our TS and have some idea of QS times but we don't I expect there will be snacks eaten instead of QS meals.

What can we do with remaining QS? I see posts about converting to snacks. How is this done?

Thanks!

In theory, you can exchange CS credits for snacks (2 or 3, jury is still out with the 2017 changes) at most places that sell DDP snacks (including resort stores).

Just tell the cashier what you're doing and he or she will take care of it.

Alternatively, you can grab some "to go" friendly CS meals at your food court if you just want something for the airport or early on the drive home.

You'll do what everyone who gets the dining plan does when they get behind in snack points, which is almost always: Spend the last hour of your vacation scrambling between gift shops to spend those points on overpriced snacks that you hope will survive the trip back home.

You'll do what everyone who gets the dining plan does when they get behind in snack points, which is almost always: Spend the last hour of your vacation scrambling between gift shops to spend those points on overpriced snacks that you hope will survive the trip back home.

That's what I was afraid of. :)

As Falred said above, we have grabbed QS at our resort to take to the airport before boarding ME, which saved us buying food at airport prices(just had our drinks on the bus and had to trash those on the way in). Or on hot days, grab a Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, or frozen lemonade before leaving the park to cool off on the ride back to resort. We have also used any extra snack credits/QS exchange to get gifts to bring home for friends and family, like character shaped RKT, Mickey pretzels or candies which generally travel well. Best advice is not to pay OOP during the beginning of trip for small things in order not to "waste" credits as we have done, only to have some left over at end.

As Falred said above, we have grabbed QS at our resort to take to the airport before boarding ME, which saved us buying food at airport prices(just had our drinks on the bus and had to trash those on the way in). Or on hot days, grab a Dole Whip, Mickey Bar, or frozen lemonade before leaving the park to cool off on the ride back to resort. We have also used any extra snack credits/QS exchange to get gifts to bring home for friends and family, like character shaped RKT, Mickey pretzels or candies which generally travel well. Best advice is not to pay OOP during the beginning of trip for small things in order not to "waste" credits as we have done, only to have some left over at end.

More or less, yeah.

As far as snack credits go, keep an eye on the rate you're using them. If you're getting "behind", treat yourself more often (when traveling with the kids, we often will get just one or two snacks to split five ways, and just sort of "graze" that way rather than having larger snacks less often) or spend a credit or two on "inefficient" items like bottled water. That way you can avoid the mad rush to exchange leftover snacks on checkout day.

We use our snacks and left over CS for candy and trail mix from the resort gift shop. Never had a friedn who did not like the gift of Goofy jelly beans.

We keep an eye on our credits through the week and try to use any extra for breakfast. We usually use CS for lunch and TS for dinner. One trip we did buy a few treats for the drive home. We also will use snack credits for things like slushies and stuff since it is so hot when we go. Not the best value but we don't really pay attention to that.

Or you could spread some pixie dust to others and treat them to a free snack.
We had an absurd amount of snacks leftover from DxDDP. On our last day I was in the cafe at Coronado "makin' it rain"

Our family of 5 had 11 meals and a bunch of snacks left over. We came home with more than 40 bags of Goofy candy. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter