• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st time car rental question

chesirechik

<font color=blue>Reads AND responds to threads!<br
We will be going to a dinner show while at WDW, so we thought it might be easier to rent a car. I used the Dollar Entertain code for Nov 13-18, for a Compact Car. This is the breakdown:

Base Rate: $108.00
FL surcharge: $12.30
VEH Lic Recovery Fee: $2.82
Airport Concession Recov: $10.58
6% Tax: $8/02

Total Estimated Charges: $141.72

What is confusing me is the "Estimated" part - will we get hit with more charges when we pick the car up? Or can we expect our total to be $141.72? Neither of us has ever rented a car before, so I want to make sure this is actually a better alternative.

That is the rate you should pay. However, they don't always get it straight and may have a different rate shown when you get there; just make sure you have contract with you to show what rate should actually be. The "estimated' part refers to: (a) you're possibly adding extras like insurance (don't buy it if you have your own car insurance) or gas fill-up (cheaper to fill tank yourself before returning); or (b) the possibility that a portion of the charges over which they have no control--taxes or Fl surcharge--could be increased by government entities before you arrive. They cannot change the base rate.

First time? Are you under 25? If so there may be complications; be sure to call and ask if this applies. If only one of you is over 25, I strongly suggest putting the rental in that name.

I am only 22, but DF is 26, so he will be doing the driving, and the reservation is in his name for this purpose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter