1st stay at all syar, any tips?

tsmith76

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at akl for all of our previous trips, except our 1st at por. Just for a last minute 4-day mini trip. Concerned about buses based in comments in other sites. We r driving down. But I love to take bus to Mk because of the transit station, etc

I'm guessing you meant all star? We stayed at all star movies our first family vacation to Disney. At that time my girls were 1 and 3. We had so much fun. Looking back that was the best vacation ever. We stayed at 100 Dalmatians section. It was really close to everything. No complaints at all. Only thing was the buses were always packed. The lines in the morning going to the Parks got long and waiting directly in the sun got annoying. I believe all star movies was the last to get picked up and the last to get dropped off of all the other all star resorts. Have fun.

all stars have always seemed to me have more busses than other resorts. we love the theming and miss staying at them. with 5 we have to go at least mod now. there does seem to be a lot of people at an all star but places like food court are made to handle the volume. we love them.
if you like quiet, you might think about requesting a room near the end or on 3rd floor to cut down on outside noise.

mikewdw

mikewdw said:
all stars have always seemed to me have more busses than other resorts. we love the theming and miss staying at them. with 5 we have to go at least mod now. there does seem to be a lot of people at an all star but places like food court are made to handle the volume. we love them.
if you like quiet, you might think about requesting a room near the end or on 3rd floor to cut down on outside noise.

mikewdw

About the noise. Our room was on the first floor on the corner. All night and when I would take my youngest who was 1 at the time for a nap. It was pretty noisey. We could here kids running in the day time and at night we heard families getting back from the Parks. So yes I would suggest a room on another floor.

We've stayed at ASMovies once and Music several times. If you want a quiet room, ask for one not facing the pool or courtyard areas. We were in the back side of Jazz, the backside of Broadway, and the backside of Buzz Lightyear buildings and didn't have any problems with noise. These were all facing parking lots, but not right close to the parking lot, if that makes sense. Ground floor tends to have more people walking by, thus more noise. Also, to keep noise down as far as toilets flushing, keep the bathroom door closed; that is the same at the mods we've stayed at.

I had a great stay at ASMusic!! Our room was on the third floor, on the back of the bldg, looking out towards a heavily landscaped area. It was ridiculously quiet..and we were there at the same time as the PopWarner kids!!!!

The buses tend to be a bit more frequent. The food courts are fun..just try to avoid the busier times of day.

We've stayed at akl for all of our previous trips, except our 1st at por. Just for a last minute 4-day mini trip. Concerned about buses based in comments in other sites. We r driving down. But I love to take bus to Mk because of the transit station, etc

Try to get a room close to the front of the resort. Rooms in the back are a bit of a walk from where you get off the bus after a long day of walking around the parks.

HMANSION LOVER said:
Try to get a room close to the front of the resort. Rooms in the back are a bit of a walk from where you get off the bus after a long day of walking around the parks.

The one time we were in the "country " part ( cowboy boots ). I believe the building was the last building at the end of the resort. We would drive everyone to the front to catch the buses. We all made sure we brought our refillable mugs and left them in the car for the end of the night. It was a pretty long walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter