• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1st night - Hyatt vs Saratoga?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
We ended up booking a flight for the night before our Contemporary reservation. We land around 8:30pm and have a 1 year old. I was going to book a night at the airport hotel and take the Magical Express in the morning, checking in at the Contemporary (and maybe swinging by the CL lounge) before heading to MK, aiming to be there 9:30ish. But, I just realized I could book the night at Saratoga Springs for about $70 cheaper than the Hyatt. We’d take the magical express the night we land but could sleep a little later the next day, heading straight to the park.

I’ve never stayed at either hotel - any advice? Thanks!

They are both nice. The airport Hyatt was fine and easy to deal with on arrival night. Saratoga Springs is very nice and pretty. In generall I would pick it because you get to say you staid there. It is less money and you can sleep in a bit but a longer trek till bedtime the night before.

I would stay at the airport. We did that last year and was so much easier with a little one. Everyone got to bed at a decent time and we’re well rested for the next day. You never know if you’re going to be delayed. It could make for a very long night with a 1 year old.

Figure an hour, your and a half longer to get to sleep at WE be the Hyatt. You could be in bed before the END bus you were supposed to be on even leaves the airport. Send one person from your party to get the luggage - or even give your claim checks to Bell Services!

We have done both but not with a little one. How cranky do you think he/she will be at 8:30?
If the baby is a go with the flow kind of baby I would pick Saratoga, if there is a good possibility of crankiness , I would pick hyatt.

With a 1 year old, airport Hyatt. Landing at 8:30 you could easily not get to your hotel until 11 or later (we had the same timeline).

The Hyatt was great. We landed at 10pm once and stayed there. Luggage came off the carousel quickly and we were in the room well before 11. It was probably about 1/2 hour from plane to room. It was really fast, I just don't remember exact times any more. Our kids were 9 and 6 at the time.

The next morning, we went in the pool and took it easy. We wandered down to DME around 11:30.

I feel like it was just so much easier to walk up to our room, rather than ride DME past our kids bedtime. We once had DME take 2.5 hours from landing to resort. While that is probably a worst case scenario (and only happened once in 7 trips), it wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

The only advantage I see is that Saratoga will move your luggage to the next resort. If you dont take the Magical Express that night I think you'd have to drag your actual luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter