1st Family Trip: Nov.11th-Nov.13th..Q's

Huge5

Earning My Ears
Hello All, I will be taking my family (DM, DD's (2 and 4), DS (1)) to Disneyland for the first time...Its my kids very first visit to Disneyland and we are all excited!..we've been wanting to go for the past three years, but have been financially unable (BROKE!) and busy with kids, LOL...We have been blessed with a better situation financially (just got a new job as a peace officer at juvenile hall) and now can afford that Disney trip we've always wanted...

anyways i got two questions:

1) will the NBC haunted mansion attraction still be up?

2) anyone stay at the desert inn? if so, what are the pros and cons

thanks all for any help.

Hi Huge 5 and welcome to the DIS boards :wave:

congrats on the new job and so glad you get to take your family to DL. :banana:
..as far as your questions...yes, NBC will run until after Christmas so no worries there...cant answer about Desert Inn but tripadvisor.com has alot of reviews of all the hotels...just type in desert inn anaheim....now regarding vegetarian restaurants...there are no vegetarian places per se but having a non meat eating daughter myself, I have found several options for her...Hungry Bear restaurant in critter country has garden burgers, most places have salads, you can get awesome fruit at stands or places like River belle Terrace,Cafe Orleans has a all cheese monte cristo sandwich both of which are in New Orleans Square, Bengal BBQ in Adventureland has the biggest vegetable skewers Ive ever seen in my life :rotfl:..most sit down places have things with no meat and they are really accomodating to your needs...here is a link to the menus so you can see what kind of things each place has :thumbsup2
this one is for Disneyland:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AA0000

and this one is for DCA:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=AB0000

There are two hotels that have really similar names. We've stayed at Desert Palms before and have had "mixed" experiences there... but last time we were there they were remodeling, and we love the location of it, so we are trying it out again this November. I'm not sure if that is the hotel you are thinking of or not, but Desert Palms is a short walk to catch the Parking lot tram that takes you to the front gates. It's really nice location wise. I'm hoping that their rooms are better now that they are remodeled though... we'll see.

Thank you guys for your help and kind words...the best thing about being a Dad is being able to put smiles on your kids faces and giving them memories for the rest of their lives..just like my parents did for me when i was younger...i wish all of you guys well and many more visits to DLR and WDW.

We liked it. It was certainly not fancy, but it was clean and the space was wonderful! We had the Family Parlor Suite which had 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, 2 bathrooms, and a small room with just a couch bed and a TV. It also had a fridge and microwave.

Also the walk to Disneyland was one of the closest of any of the hotels -- including the on-site hotels.

You cannot beat the deal.

They do have a free continental breakfast, but there isn't much. However, they do have milk and juice. We brought our own cereal and used their milk and juice and it worked out great.

I would definitely stay there again -- the price is usually great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter