1st family cruise - Birthday question

voodooboy

To Infinity and Beyond
My family is going on their first DCL trip in early December. We will be going 4 nights on land and 4 nights sea. My Daughter will be turning 3 years old on the second night of the trip and I was wondering what would be the best experience for her birthday dinner. I was hoping for a character themed dining experience. The only place I am familiar with that offers a character themed dinner is the Liberty Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. I am open to dining suggestions, as I want this to be a very special event for my daughter. I appreciate any assistance and suggestions.

Also, does the cruise line do or offer any special services for kids on their birthday? Thanks again. :wave:

My son turned 10 3 days before the cruise, so for the first night we had them bring out a cake. They made a HUGE deal of it...wandering through the dining room calling out 'TYLER...excuse me is there a Tyler here?'. He did not know it was coming, and once he paid attention his head snapped up and he looked at me with a deer in the headlights sort of look.

They then came to the table, and had him stand on his chair (in Lumiere's at that!!) while they sang Happy Birthday to him, and then we had a cake.

BTW, this was AFTER we had our desserts!!! We took the cake back to the room for later.

He was mortified but he loved it...the poor kid turned 10 shades of red but laughed the whole time.

If she likes Winnie the Pooh and friends, the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is great. We have been there several times.

Not sure of the answer re the cruise but I know someone else will know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter