1st Disneyland trip

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
We will be going to California for the first time in early Nov.. We will fly into San Diego, spend several days there and then up to LA area. We are thinking of 3 day pass for DL and DCA. Any suggestions for what to see in San Diego and La besides the two parks. I don't know when we will get back again. We will be traveling with 1,3,8,12 and 14 yr. old. Also any deals on tickets and good hotel info. We have used the WDW boards alot so look forward to reading up on DL here.

I would recomend getting the book Disneyland and Southern California with Kids 2002-2003 by Michael & Trisha Knight (Barnes & Noble on-line book store for around $14.00). Very detailed info on what to do specific to ages. A lot of neat places and ideas.

Personally in San Diego I recomend going to Seaport Village (shops, restaurants, carousel) and catch the trolley from there. It will take you to all the hot tourists spots in San Diego i.e. Cornoado Island, Balboa Park, Gaslamp District, and Old Towne.

San Diego is a beautiful place. In addition casilands suggestions, how about the San Diego Zoo and Sea World? A little further north is San Diego Wild Animal Park. There's also Legoland, but from what I can tell it's more for the younger kids.

In the LA area is Knott's Berry Farm, which is relatively close to DL, Universal Studios, and Six Flags Magic Mountain (more of a coaster park).

If you just want to explore, there's Hollywood and some nice beach areas as well.

DL Hotels tend to be expensive, and discounts hard to come by. There are tons of hotels in the area, walking distance. Some of my personal favorites are Best Western Park Place Inn, Howard Johnson, and I've heard great things about Desert Inn and Suites (good for families, there's a refrigerator and microwave). Take a look at some of the other posts on this board as well, people have made other suggestions for good hotels as well.

In San Diego, I like Dana Inn. It's very close to Sea World.

Here are some ideas with links for San Diego

San Diego

If you would like specific advice on San Diego, just let me know through email or pm.

Originally posted by Tink33
Here are some ideas with links for San Diego

San Diego

If you would like specific advice on San Diego, just let me know through email or pm.

I can't get this link to work. Can anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter