1900 Park Fare... Wonderful Characters... BLECCH FOOD

Jgasink

Mouseketeer
We recently ate Dinner at 1900 park Fare... We wanted the characters :thumbsup2 and were hoping the food was going to be decent.. :rotfl2:

You Check in, we were early, they were running late, still went in very close to ontime.. they take a family portrait - 31.95 + tax.

We sit down, and our server is Patti from the Osprey ridge clubhouse, she was great and although I rarely tip 20% for a buffet, she earned it.

we go to get dinner... and quite frankly it has to be the worst buffet on property.. I dont get how Crystal Palace can be so good and this so bad...

we get our plates and are accosted by the photo seller.. we say can you please come back later, she says just ask your server and we will bring it back... OK gang I know you gotta sell them but at least let me eat first, of course with food this bad, I'd want to get you before that first forkfull too..

As I said the characters are wonderful, :wizard: and watching them interact with the younger guests is quite the show, and if they would move them elsewhere we would glady go, but did I mention how bad the food was? :confused3

we eventually bought the picture cause it was a good one.. BUT they need to photopass this process....

Unless your dying to see Cinderella and cant get in Cinderella's Royal Table at the magic Kingdon - SAVE your Money... or spend it at crystal palace - a much much much better meal.

Jollywarrior

I'm going in Sept...what was blech about it? What did you hate most? Anything worth eating at all? :goodvibes

My assessment of the food at 1900 wouldn't be quite as harsh, but I definitely wouldn't go there for the food - I think it is sub-par, at best. The highlight of 1900 is the characters, especially the stepsisters who are hilarious!

All about perspective and when you go I guess....my family thinks that the Crystal Palace is just about the worst character experience/buffet on property and we adore both Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare.!

We enjoyed the food at 1900 Park Fare breakfast. Is the food really not good at dinner? What didn't you like about it?

I wasn't a big fan of the dinner buffet either but did LOVE the characters....esp Prince Charming!! ;)

Like you, we really enjoyed the character interaction when we went 2 years ago. My children still remember talking to the characters and dancing. However, my DH and I remember the food and choose not to go back again. It isn't disgusting but it isn't tasty either. More like school cafeteria food: tough meat, greasy starches, bland sides. I still recommend it for the experience, just don't go in thinking that the food is wonderful.

The characters are hilarious. The only good food was the chicken marsala and the salad (all of the salad dressings are amazing in the world!), the desserts were not good either. But the characters were great and that's why we went. The step sisters are hilarious.

We all enjoyed it and have it as a must repeat for this trip - everyone's taste is different.

Buffet was clean and food freshly replenished. Server was excellent - brought us coffee and a cupcake for our anniversary.

Not fine dining but all very edible and lots of choice.

Prime rib was good - man infront asked for it less well done and they happily obliged. I tried the chicken in sauce - ok but preferred the beef. Mash potatoes were good and tasted 'real'.

There were lots of salads - I can just remember trying the strawberry soup - not to my taste but lots like it.

Dessert wise there were lots of delicious and nicely presented small tarts etc.

There was also a separate child height buffet with macaroni, etc - my daughter loved choosing from this.

Bummer, OP...sorry the food was all bad for you. Love those characters...and we actually had a mostly good dinner there (LOVE the strawberry soup...mmmmm good!) Agree that some of the dishes were school-cafeteria (or worse) - especially the pasta & the dinner rolls. But we found plenty of good food to eat. Course, we arrived right when it opened, and have seen many a review from people who arrived an hour or two later and the food was all over-cooked & dried out. Like the heat tables are turned too high or maybe they don't rotate out the old crusty food when they replenish?

OP, sorry about the food....we've had hit or miss experiences at 1900 as well. When my DD was 2 (4 years ago) the food was AWESOME. My DH proclaimed it the best of the trip that year and made it a must-do on our trip the next year.

The next year, the food was AWFUL!

We will not be back.

They need to amp up the food to match the caliber of the character experience. Come on, it's the GF! They're capable!

Loved the food there!
Lots of choice. I don't have a sweet tooth so desert doesn't bother me and there was plenty for the kids
Coupled with the fantastic character interaction wouldn't hesitate to recommend it

We just ate here on Tues the 8th. Both my dh and I thought it was the best meal we ate all week! :) The characters were really fun too. I would totally recommend this dinner.

We ate dinner at PF for the first time last July. The characters were fantastic, especially the step-mother and step-sisters. The food was terrible. The menu posted on AllEars is not even close to what was available the night we ate there. Our server was nowhere to be found for most of the meal, and we had to continually shuffle our dirty dishes around the table because they were not cleared over the course of our dinner.

OP I agree with you...food was bad but we had one of the best experience with the characters. We did it once and it was enough.

We found the same, we went twice in 2007. First time we found the characters to be amazing, probably best at WDW the food was appalling, barely edible, dry, skin on top of some items, choice was awful. It was voted the worst meal of our lives.

Bizarrely (pretending to be Mum of the year while having the word 'sucker' apparently tattooed to my forehead) we returned and OMG it was worse, son was so ill afterwards, I ate nothing just drank diet coke and DD wouldn't touch anything but the food. It all looked gross - also the buffet serving spoons etc were downright dirty - no-one seemed to be clearing away. It seriously put us off staying at the GF with children too.

Sure others will have enjoyed their meals there but based on our experiences I wouldn't personally return and to be honest if it were the only restaurant at WDW I would never return there either - that is how bad it was.

Rant over....................

Hmm, we ate there in Dec of last year. It was really good. Great character interacton and great food.

We really enjoyed it and I already booked it for our next trip in December!!

We were there in May and thought the food was MUCH better than Chef Mickeys. All the fruits were fresh and everything was kept clean vs the madhouse of kids piling and spilling at Chef Mickeys. There was a larger HEALTHIER selection of salads, roast chicken and fresh meats vs sauces and fried stuff. I had the BEST cold noodle salad in MY LIFE with edamame and cold sesame noodles. Everything was amazingly clean in May!

I think if you are going to a buffet expect to NOT like everything, we mainly go for the characters (for the kid) and 1900 Park Fare will NOT dissapoint. Anastasia swung open the doos and was loud and boisterious and Lady Tremaine NEVER ONCE broke character which was hard to do with some little boy on the floor trying to look up her skirt! :rotfl:

we ate at 1900 pf for dinner christmas eve of 2008, this meant we had the cinderella cast. my granddaughter was just starting to get sick so she was a little low key compared to her normal (that was the only change to make us think maybe she wasn't feeling well at that time)...anyway she was quiet and ate almost nothing. none of us liked the buffet (4 adults and a 4 year old) but thanks to the woman playing druzella (spelling?) we had the absolute best time ever at a character dinner. we never laughed so hard and honestly she was one of two super highlights of our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter