• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 Park Fare Open and food is YUCK!!! Stepsisiters were WONDERFUL!!!

glitzybabes

I miss VMK!!!
Just got back yesterday and We had ressies for Cinderella's Gala Feast at what I thought was going to be GF Cafe but my mama found out from another smoking person that 1900 was open. Was not too happy because we tried it last year and buffet was ok but not great. So hostess was about to take us to our table and started talking about their new buffet and how items are from around the world, Italy, France, Japan, etc., I thought ok I will just have to see. The Buffet was YUCK!!! I only liked 4 things, Pork, Potatoes, Pasta, and Corn. Desserts were good.

But......

The characters were different, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Mother and 2 Step-Sisters. The step-sisters were GREAT..TOOOO FUNNY. They were talking about our this was their party and how Cinderella was messing it up. Yelling Mother Mother and singing "Sweet Nightingale" badly, LOL. I loved it. :goodvibes

I just wanted to give people a heads up on the NEW Cinderella's Gala Feast.

Thanks!

Do they still have the strawberry soup? I was so looking forwarded to finally getting to try it in December.

Really. I have been many times and thought the food was good. The last time I was there was December and the prime rib was really good and I'm have never been a huge fan of it. I wasn't planning on going this trip because we want to do CRT, but the step sisters sound like a hoot.

Since you have seen the stepsisters in action do you think that they would be too....villian-ish for my 19 month old? My daughter loves all the characters she has met so far but I'm worried if the stepsisters are, well, how they are in the movie they might frighten her. I made ADRs for here back when it was still Cinderella, Prince Charming and Suzy and Perla (whom she LOVED back in Dec.) Thanks for your insight!

IMG_1329.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about the food. We loved it in December. I am happy with the character changes though.

Do they still have Prime Rib? We are eating here in Dec. and DH is a plain food kind of man and he won't be happy if that is no longer on the menu.

I am also worried about the new characters. My DS 6 has been deathly afraid of the Stepmother since he saw Cinderella 3. We were talking last night about our November trip and he said he didn't want to see the Stepmother! We are scheduled for dinner at 1900 Park Faire for my mother's birthday! Has anyone seen the stepmother? Is she scary?:confused3

Thanks!
Nikita

We ate there last week and my DS did not want to see the stepmother..but when she came around..he was fine. He actually thought she was funny. She was very monotone and quiet..unlike the stepsisters! She kept a straight face and I think said something like.."so did you see Cinderella? she isn't very pretty is she?" We thought she was funny. We weren't too crazy about the food though...but the atmosphere and characters were great.

So hostess was about to take us to our table and started talking about their new buffet and how items are from around the world, Italy, France, Japan, etc., I thought ok I will just have to see. The Buffet was YUCK!!! I only liked 4 things, Pork, Potatoes, Pasta, and Corn. Desserts were good.

Ok, now I am worried about my ressie for my b-day dinner at 1900. Can you give any specifics on what kind of food they had on the buffet?

I wish one of the menu sites would update 1900.

Well, even if I don't like a lot of the food on the new buffet, I know I can look forward to either the mini-castle cake or slipper dessert...if I can make up my mind about which to order for my b-day. ;)

We ate there on 9/23 and loved it. The food was fine. The step sisters and their mom did out shined Cinderella in acting. MY 2 and 4 year old girls loved them.

We were there last week Thursday, and I have to agree the food was not so great. This was the least we ate at all our ADR's. It was just weird, interesting theme, food from around the world and all but nothing seemed to go together. We had bowls of strawberry soup, and potatoes and corn off the kiddie bar. We picked at some Chicken, I think it was from the Japan section. The characters were fine and they were not villian like at all. Totally hilarious, one of the best character experiences at an ADR.

We ate here on 09/24. I wasn't aware that 1900 had opened back up unti I went to check-in for our ADR at the GF Cafe.

I agree the buffet did not have much that appealed to anyone in our family. DH said even the prime rib was not very good. The saving grace for me was the strawberry soup (heaven!) and the desserts.

The character interaction though was wonderful. The step-sisters were a hoot and really got into it. We would not go back for the food, but would for the characters.

Just got back yesterday and We had ressies for Cinderella's Gala Feast at what I thought was going to be GF Cafe but my mama found out from another smoking person that 1900 was open. Was not too happy because we tried it last year and buffet was ok but not great. So hostess was about to take us to our table and started talking about their new buffet and how items are from around the world, Italy, France, Japan, etc., I thought ok I will just have to see. The Buffet was YUCK!!! I only liked 4 things, Pork, Potatoes, Pasta, and Corn. Desserts were good.

But......

The characters were different, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Mother and 2 Step-Sisters. The step-sisters were GREAT..TOOOO FUNNY. They were talking about our this was their party and how Cinderella was messing it up. Yelling Mother Mother and singing "Sweet Nightingale" badly, LOL. I loved it. :goodvibes

I just wanted to give people a heads up on the NEW Cinderella's Gala Feast.

Thanks!

We were there last Thurs and had a great time with the stepsisters and stepmother. My son, 27, was considered available by them and all three had a blast with him. He's somewhat shy but played along for the fun of it. The 3 additions are really what made it for us. My daughter did like Cinderella, too. I wasn't that crazy about the food either but my husband enjoyed it. I, too, thought the desserts were pretty good. I think at this dinner we had the best time due to the new additions.

I am also worried about the new characters. My DS 6 has been deathly afraid of the Stepmother since he saw Cinderella 3. We were talking last night about our November trip and he said he didn't want to see the Stepmother! We are scheduled for dinner at 1900 Park Faire for my mother's birthday! Has anyone seen the stepmother? Is she scary?:confused3

Thanks!
Nikita

Not in the least!! They were talking to some younger children dressed up like Cinderella telling them how much more beautiful they were then "Cinderella" They are not Ugly or Mean, just Very playful especially with "available" young men like my son (27). I think the older patrons are finally being noticed in a joking way. It was a lot of fun.

I'm disappointed to hear about the changes in food. We ate there in March and it was one of the best meals we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter