1900 Park Fair or Mama Melrose or something else?

calie_j

DIS Veteran
I'm having 2nd thoughts about my breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fair. We have 2 MK mornings; one with late breakfast at CP and then this late breakfast our 2nd morning. Also the way the schedule works we'll be doing 1900 Park Fair DINNER the night before.

We're on free dining so I'd need to replace it with something else. My only free night for a dinner is our MGM night (probably too late for fantasmic package?), which is why I was looking at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby (2 credits but it appeals more to me and I could pay OOP at our Sci Fi ADR).

I'm up for all opinions to help me make up my mind to keep breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, change it to a dinner at MGM or nearby resort, or change it to a lunch at or near MK.

Thanks, Calie

I would skip breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, and have dinner at Mama Melrose instead. It's one of my family's favorite restaurants. However, Brown Derby was really good too . Just warning you, Sci-Fi turned out to be a somewhat expensive meal (or maybe it just seemed that way b/c we didnt think the food was worth it) when we went if that would be a problem. But no matter what, I would say choose between Brown Derby and Mama's.

Mama Melrose has really good flatbread pizza. Brown Derby had really good steak and salmon. My sister also really liked Brown Derby's cobb salad but warns everyone to ask for no avocado or it'll be a very mushy salad. So take a look at the menus for both on www.allearsnet.com and decide which your family would enjoy more.

Also, I don't think its too late to get the Fantasmic Package. I've heard of people calling the day of and having no problem. So if you want to do that, give it a try, even when you are already there if you need to. Hope I've helped. Have a great time!

We had our only truly terrible meal at WDW at Mama Melrose. You could do Whispering Canyon Cafe on your MK day for B,L, or D. We had a great meal there. You could always do Tony's or Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch is supposed to be great) in the MK.

Yvonne

While we often eat at MM and ate at BD last trip, I can't say that either is all that great. We have found that most of the resort TS restaurants have far better food and at more reasonable prices (for what you get). At MGM, both PT and SF are fun, but the food is not all that great. In the future, I think we'll stick with Cuban sandwiches from the ABC Commissary over a TS meal at MGM.

Here's a photo of the Cuban sandwiches:
79460Resized_Disney_Kodak_2006_010-med.jpg

Food at the BD looked better than it tasted.
79460Resized_Disney_Kodak_2006_018-med.jpg

79460Resized_Disney_Kodak_2006_017-med.jpg

A similar fish dish at the Grand Floridian Cafe was far, far tastier.

:cool1:
SqueakyMouse said:
Here's a photo of the Cuban sandwiches:
79460Resized_Disney_Kodak_2006_010-med.jpg

Just got back from WDW yesterday and that cuban sandwich was disgusting to me! I couldn't get past one bite and ended up throwing it out. I just find all the counter service meals at MGM horrible. However, we ate at Mama's twice and both meals were great. I looove the four cheese flatbread and the pepperoni there is delicious, so I'd say stick with Mamas.

get the flatbread at Mamas. it is DELICIOUS!!

Huh... I thought the Cuban sandwich was pretty good but didnt like the chips that came with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter