• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1900 or not to 1900(at GFC)

CAJUNBLAZE

Mouseketeer
I have a character dinner planned for Tuesday, Sept 11th. at the 1900.
The event was moved to the GFC with a very simple menu.
Should I stay or should I go!
I really wanted the princess interaction for my dd4.
I guess my biggest concern is not having a set menu and the off balance of the situation.
Help, what to do?

Was thinking either Konas or or ohana!
any suggestions?

ps that desert at ohanas really looks good

We are doing Ohana's - heard great things. But we are also taking the risk on the 1900 at GF Cafe location...
Did you know there are only TWO children's menu options!! Baked chicken or penne past w/meatballs.

Okay - fill me in. Where is it usually, why is it being moved, and do you know if it is being moved for other dates? We have CRT lunch scheduled but I was seriously considering 1900 instead (if we could get it).

this might get canceled if that is the only choices, dont think my kids would enjoy the food.
I heard there was only four menu items and two desert items!

We have eaten at PF our last 3 trips and have enjoyed each dinner and, for the first time last Sept, breakfast. I was disappointed that when we go in Sept. it's moving to GFC and is served pre-plated. For that reason, I decided to have our princess meal at PSB at Akershus, for dinner. I booked an ADR for 6:40, on the 7th, which will give us time to eat and leave the restaurant in time for Illuminations. :cool1: Epcot is also open late that night so that's how I made my choice.

My DD is now 7 (she'll be 8 in Sept) and she loves the princesses at PSB-I took her there for breakfast, the first time, when she was 4 (same age as your DD). She (and I) had a wonderful time. However, I do prefer the lunch, or dinner, over the breakfast. You get the most princesses, for your buck, at PSB. There are 5 rotating princesses-we've had Belle, Jasmine, Mulan, Cinderella (yes-we did), Ariel, Aurora, & Snow White. Others have reported Alice and Mary Poppins.

We haven't done the character breakfast at 'Ohana, so can't say anything about it. We've had the dinner though, not our favorite. Kona Cafe has excellent food, no characters though.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm...when I got my ADR for Cinderella's Gala at GFC, the CM read off an extensive menu for me after I asked if it would be a buffet. I'm actually glad that it is plated. We already have several other character buffets and I am kind of a germophob, although not certifiably OCD. :laughing: I just hate that so many people handle the serving utensils and you never know where their hands have been. I know I'm weird...at least the Disney buffets are usually super clean! :goodvibes

Anyway, sorry to go OT. Back to the menu...I remember the strawberry soup was mentioned as an appetizer, which all of the Disers seem to love. I thought there were more than two kids meals, but I don't think I wrote them down. The GFC is beautiful inside, so I think it might even be better than 1900 PF. I loved the breakfast we had at 1900 PF, but the atmosphere at GFC is so awesome!

We are trying PSB for the first time this fall. We have done CRT breakfast the past two years, but I wanted to save some TS credits and try something new. I'm glad to hear so many positive comments on that place!

If I can find my notes on the menu at Cinderella's Gala at GFC, I'll post it.

We'll be there on September 10. I'm actually happy that it's not a buffet and in a smaller venue. I don't like buffets but was booking it anyway for DD 4.

There are only two items on the kids menu, unless it changes between now and then. Maybe if they get complaints from the first group of diners they'll add something else. My DD isn't picky and will be happy with chicken strips.

There were veggies and dip as the kids appetizer, choice of chicken strips or pasta for their entree, and the dessert is a plate of assorted mini desserts to be shared by the entire table.

Adult options were appetizer of strawberry soup, soup of the day, or salad. Entrees varied, chicken, roast pork, shrimp and proscuitto penne pasta, prime rib, a vegetarian tofu dish, and I'm sure there's one or two I'm leaving out. I heard prime rib and nearly blanked out after that because that's fine with me, LOL.

We are going end of September and was told it was still a buffet. Can you tell me what you were told was on the "preplated" menu. Not sure if we'll keep it then. Thanks-

Breakfast will also be preplated though I don't know the menu. Disney Dining can probably tell you if you feel like calling. There's not enough room inside GFC to set up a buffet.

Dinner is... adults have choice of appetizer and entree, dessert is plate of assorted mini desserts to share.

Appetizer: Strawberry soup, soup of the day, salad.
Childs appetizer: Vegetables with ranch dip.

Entree: Prime Rib w/mashed potatoes and vegetable, roast pork, chicken breast, vegetarian tofu plate, shrimp and proscuitto penne pasta... I can't remember the rest, sorry.

Children: pasta with meatballs, chicken strips with mashed potatoes and vegetables

This is what I read on Intercot.com

"1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be closed for renovations from July 9 - October 1, 2007. The "Supercalifragilistic Breakfast" and the "Cinderella's Gala Feast Dinner" will be offered as a pre-plated meal held at the Grand Floridian Cafe. In addition; during the rehab Citricos will be open daily to serve breakfast and lunch - as well as dinner." :sad2:

Kind of a bummer. We have ADR's for the 21st, meeting family for dinner. A buffet actually would've been much better, as my DS is a very picky eater...
:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter