185 days out and nothing before 8:30

imthegoose

Galactic Hero
It is incredibly frustrating that at 185 days out the earliest reservation available is at 8:35.

Has anyone else had issues 185 - 190 days out not getting the reservation time they wanted?

For everything on property? For our trip last November I didn't look at ADRs until about 5-10 days past our window opening. Over the next few month I eventually got everything we wanted at a time we were satisfied with including dinner at Be Our Guest. Just keep looking.

Have you tried searching for a specific time (like 7:30a, as opposed to "breakfast" I was able to get an early Akershus by doing that.

OK.. I guess I should be more specific... It was for Garden Grill on 9/1 (second day of food and wine). I just really thought at 185 days out, I wouldn't have an issue. IT's amazing how quick things fill up. 2 hours ago I made a reservation on 8/28 for 8:15 and Akershus. I look now and the best available is 9:30.

Getting dining reservations 6months + out is like a new sport.

Have you tried searching for a specific time (like 7:30a, as opposed to "breakfast" I was able to get an early Akershus by doing that.
And yes.. I did do a specific time. I never choose the meal, always the time I want to eat.

It's just strange reservations that I couldn't get the exact time. On 8/31, there are no available times at Kona between 5:45 and 6:25. That just baffles me 184 days out.

OK.. I guess I should be more specific... It was for Garden Grill on 9/1 (second day of food and wine). I just really thought at 185 days out, I wouldn't have an issue. IT's amazing how quick things fill up. 2 hours ago I made a reservation on 8/28 for 8:15 and Akershus. I look now and the best available is 9:30.

New sport? Not really. Sports are supposed be fun. ;-) It's more like combat.

I did my reservations on Sunday morning. To get decent times I had to put the harder to get reservations (in my case that was BOG and Ohana) at the end of our 10 day trip. What I wanted was Ohana for the very first night of the trip, but all that was left was 8:30.
I feel your frustration. Food and Wine and potential free dining are during our trips though, so I think anyone even considering a trip during end of August is making sure to book reservations as soon as they can rather than waiting.

You are dealing with F&W and Labor Day weekend. People are booking GG to go to Soarin' on a busy date and FP+ FEA. I am not especially surprised by this.

I bet two weeks earlier, you can still get GG.

You are dealing with F&W and Labor Day weekend. People are booking GG to go to Soarin' on a busy date and FP+ FEA. I am not especially surprised by this.

I bet two weeks earlier, you can still get GG.

Oh, I'm fully aware of the crowds I'm dealing with. I'm just still a little shocked that I couldn't get the early reservation 185 days out. I'll keep checking back.

I did check 2 weeks earlier for fun... earliest available is 8:40. :)

It is incredibly frustrating that at 185 days out the earliest reservation available is at 8:35.

Has anyone else had issues 185 - 190 days out not getting the reservation time they wanted?

I'm not sure what days you're looking for, but I just looked between 180 days and 190 and was able to see many ADRs for before 8:30am...this was for 6 ppl. How many ppl. are you looking for, what restaurants are you looking for and what days?

How many ppl? I just found an 8:05 at Garden Grill on 9/1 for 4 ppl.

My adr day was 2 weeks ago. I found I would have different availability online and on the mde ap. I found some days there was no availability online but multiple options available on the ap. Suggest you try both the ap and website.

My adr day was 2 weeks ago. I found I would have different availability online and on the mde ap. I found some days there was no availability online but multiple options available on the ap. Suggest you try both the ap and website.

I did it on the website. I will try the app now. I'll update everyone shortly.....

And here's the quick update... Same availability as the website. 8:40 earliest reservation.

So, I know with BOG, if you have an 8:15, you can still walk in at 8. Any chance if I get there first (or close to first) my 8:35 reservation will get me seated earlier?

And here's the quick update... Same availability as the website. 8:40 earliest reservation.

So, I know with BOG, if you have an 8:15, you can still walk in at 8. Any chance if I get there first (or close to first) my 8:35 reservation will get me seated earlier?

Yes, basically all PPO ADR's are treated almost as a first come first serve, as long as you have an ADR before park opening. As soon as they let you in, go directly to the check-in counter and you should be seated well before you're actual ADR time.

This makes me wonder if it's worth it to get the dining plan if we can't get any reservations. We haven't been to WDW for seven years and we had no problem in the old days. But we are going the week before Christmas and now since the whole world makes ADR's is it possible we won't get any dinner reservations for that week?

This makes me wonder if it's worth it to get the dining plan if we can't get any reservations. We haven't been to WDW for seven years and we had no problem in the old days. But we are going the week before Christmas and now since the whole world makes ADR's is it possible we won't get any dinner reservations for that week?

You'll get plenty of reservations. You just need to do them at your 180 mark. I just made 10 days worth of ADR's this morning. I had to switch the day I wanted to do an Ohana dinner to get the time I wanted and obviously my Garden GRill issue. Other than that I got everything I wanted at the exact time I wanted it.

As long as you plan, you'll be fine. Making your harder to get reservations at the end of your trip also makes it easier since if you're staying on site you can make all your reservations at the 180 day mark.

2 people. I seriously can get the early res for 4 people? CAn I book it for 4, and modify the guests to 2? Does that work?

Absolutely. One of the worst offenders with this is The Crystal Palace. I have run into nothing for 2, 3, 4, or 5 guests. I try 6 - and there it is. I book it, then modify to 2.

Doing this can also open up different times (I'm looking at you - California Grill). Nothing for 2 until 9:30. Try 4 - 8:30 pops up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter