16th Birthday ideas for a boy

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by sadiebug, Feb 11, 2019.

1. sadiebug

sadiebug Mouseketeer

We will be at Disneyland/California Adventure on my son's 16th birthday. Obviously I know to get a birthday button, but any other suggestions? Thanks!

2. JenEMT

JenEMT I share a birthday with Disneyland!

What are his favorite things? like star wars, or? When my son was 16, he got pics with Anna and Elsa, and they were so fun with him! Great memory! At carnation Cafe we got a free dessert and they sang happy birthday to my sister.

mich311e likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sadiebug

sadiebug Mouseketeer

He does like Star Wars. He's not a big fan of the character interactions, although I would love to find Gaston while we're there

5. sadiebug

sadiebug Mouseketeer

Do any of the restaurants do something special? Is there a place to order a cake or special dessert?

6. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

You can order a custom cake to be delivered to any TS location in the parks or the on site hotel TS restaurants. The cakes are really cute! There is a custom cake thread on this forum. Do a search for it -- the most recent pages have photos. Call the Dine Line (714-781-DINE) for up to date pricing and cake choice information.
    You might look into making a reservation for The Void in DTD on his birthday. He might enjoy doing the Star Wars version of the game. We have friends who did that yesterday for a birthday -- they had a blast!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    sadiebug and smercerdiemont like this.
  7. smercerdiemont

smercerdiemont Earning My Ears

We just went with my 16 yr old, and the biggest thrill for him was doing The Void. He looked forward to it all week. Granted it is Downtown Disney and not actually in the parks. He also is a foodie, like his dad, so we let him pick out our restaurants for dinner a couple times (he picked two really good ones out of the park via yelp) and some of the treats/snacks that are part of the Valentine's Day/ Get Your Ears On celebration.

emmagator likes this.
  8. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

They brought me this on my birthday at Blue Bayou. Not sure if that is standard or pixie dust. It was REALLY yummy!
    7BBC5A26-FE63-4BE2-B799-1EDA236A980F.jpeg

sadiebug likes this.
  9. DTDkettleCORNfan

DTDkettleCORNfan DIS Veteran

I second (or third) the VOID, especially since you said he likes Star Wars. Not cheap but it was my 16 year old son's favorite thing we did on our trip last year.

10. emmagator

emmagator out west...

The VOID

smercerdiemont likes this.
  11. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

Yup. The VOID will be very cool for him. It's great!

smercerdiemont likes this.
  12. sadiebug

sadiebug Mouseketeer

I will have to check out The Void. I've never heard of it! Thanks!

13. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

It is a VR experience that is a little like laser tag. It's super cool. There is a Star Wars and Wreck-It Ralph. I have done Star Wars and it is a blast! Reservations are recommended, but there is usually decent availability.

Enjoy!

sadiebug likes this.