16 yr old dies after falling from balcony on RCCL ship

So clearly thousands of people are being punished each week by going on Royal cruises. Lots of masochists out there, I guess.

So back to the main topic...
I agree that the kid was dumb, he paid the ultimate price for it, and his family are unfortunately the ones who suffer for it. My heart goes out to them.

It’s clearly not what I said. I said it will be no punishment for me but f rccl banned me for life. Lots of people enjoy rccl. I did Not.

That is so very sad. He was so young :( I wonder if he was locked out on the balcony and tried climbing onto a neighbors? When I was cruising as a teenager a friend and I were at a boys cabin and they thought it would be funny to lock us out on the balcony. We made a lot of noise and people came out on their balconies asking if we needed help.

Yet another reason to have a "do not go into anyone else's cabin" rule.

I have 4 teens. I agree with the poor decision making and risk assessment. It is tragic that this teen didn't slip by unscathed. I feel for the family.

A tragic lesson, but use it as a reminder to tell your kids what TO do if they lose their room key card (or even leave it in the cabin) and they cannot locate you: go to Guest Services for a new card. Better a few moments of "humiliation" (I promise it's not the first time they will have heard it) than a lifetime of consequences - or the end of a life.

A 16 year should also know better.

The guy was banned from life from rccl. That is no punishment. I been on one rccl cruise and never again. They could banned me for life and I wouldn’t care one bit.

Not what this thread is about. But I could say the same, I would happily cruise with royal, but you couldn't pay me to cruise as a guest on dcl. Haha! Each to their own.

Not what this thread is about. But I could say the same, I would happily cruise with royal, but you couldn't pay me to cruise as a guest on dcl. Haha! Each to their own.

I don’t think you are telling the truth. You wouldn’t go on dcl even if you were getting paid for it. Come on now no one here is buying that. I don’t like rccl but if I was giving a free cruise I will defintely go.

The guy was banned from life from rccl. That is no punishment. I been on one rccl cruise and never again. They could banned me for life and I wouldn’t care one bit.

It’s clearly not what I said. I said it will be no punishment for me but f rccl banned me for life. Lots of people enjoy rccl. I did Not.
Reread your comment. You said getting banned from Royal was no punishment but clearly, it is. Then you imply that being on a Royal cruise is akin to being punished.

The entire point of your post appeared to be about trashing Royal in a thread where we’re talking about a senseless tragedy.

Based on your second comment, I don’t think that’s how you meant for it to come across but it does read as a bit hot takey. So I apologize for my cynical response, but ask that maybe next time you take a quick read of your comment before you post?

A tragic lesson, but use it as a reminder to tell your kids what TO do if they lose their room key card (or even leave it in the cabin) and they cannot locate you: go to Guest Services for a new card. Better a few moments of "humiliation" (I promise it's not the first time they will have heard it) than a lifetime of consequences - or the end of a life.
If I had a nickel for every time I had to go to a guest services/front desk to replace a card or get help getting into my room... I’d probably have at least a dollar.

If I had a nickel for every time I had to go to a guest services/front desk to replace a card or get help getting into my room... I’d probably have at least a dollar.

My most shining moment was when I thought I had packed my card in my luggage which had already been picked up - then realized I needed the card for getting off the next morning. We were concierge that trip, but the lounge had already closed, so I went flying down to Guest Services and got a new card. Got back to the cabin to find my sister holding my card up - it had fallen under something. LOL. Oh well. I had a second just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter