15-night Hawaii cruise - cost?

DaniB

DIS Veteran
Is anyone booked for this cruise? I am curious about the pricing but when I try it's booked full.

If you don't mind telling, what did you pay for an interior, oceanview or verrandah?

Does Disney offer this once a year? Do you think it would be offered again for 2013?

NEVER MIND! I just found a 200-page thread on the Hawaii cruise :) It answered a lot of my questions.

There is a link in the FAQ under booking history where you can find out what the prices were opening day...and then next until it was sold out to get an idea of what it started at.

As to whether there will be another Hawaii cruise -

Right now, there is only one Hawaii cruise advertised and published, and that is the April 2012 cruise that stops in Hawaii in early May. However...

The Hawaii port authority schedules are still showing the Disney Wonder as stopping in Hawaii (Hilo, Maui and Oahu) in mid October, on or around 10/19/12 and 10/21/12. All 3 island schedules show the Wonder stopping in both May and October 2012.

Personally, I think Disney is leaving their options open to potentially rearrange their schedules a bit next fall and offer another Hawaii cruise, depending on how the first one goes. We know it sold out quickly, so that's positive, but it may depend on the cruise reviews, and other factors as to whether they decide to do that October cruise or not.

Would you mind posting a link for that thread you found? I can't seem to find it.:confused3

However...

The Hawaii port authority schedules are still showing the Disney Wonder as stopping in Hawaii (Hilo, Maui and Oahu) in mid October, on or around 10/19/12 and 10/21/12. All 3 island schedules show the Wonder stopping in both May and October 2012.

Personally, I think Disney is leaving their options open to potentially rearrange their schedules a bit next fall and offer another Hawaii cruise, depending on how the first one goes. We know it sold out quickly, so that's positive, but it may depend on the cruise reviews, and other factors as to whether they decide to do that October cruise or not.

You are the best!! :worship: :goodvibes :worship:

Friday night, my husband & I discussed our upcoming vacation. We had to decide whether to cancel or bring the kids with us. It was originally suppose to be our first kid-free trip in 12 years but my mom came down ill. Two months later, she's not any better. Perhaps worse? We don't know yet. In anycase, we decided to cancel.

My husband suggested rebooking for next year and seemed interested in a cruise. He came across kind of luke-warm, which surprised me as I thought he liked the idea after his best friend's family cruised last year.

Yesterday we talked again and I explained the eastern carribean April & May & September 2012 cruises looked to be our best choices. THEN I mentioned the possibility of the Hawaiin cruise running again in October. I figured he'd shoot me for even thinking of a 15-night cruise. :lmao:

But HE LOVED IT! It wasn't the length of cruise, but WHERE the cruise is going. Turns out he didn't really like the places the cruises are going to. But Hawaii - NOW he's onboard with the idea! :goodvibes

I realize it may not happen (can't hurt to be optimistic right? :)) but I'm going to be doing lots of reading & note-taking. Lots to learn about cruising!

Thanks again!!

NEVER MIND! I just found a 200-page thread on the Hawaii cruise :) It answered a lot of my questions.

There is a link in the FAQ under booking history where you can find out what the prices were opening day...and then next until it was sold out to get an idea of what it started at.

Would you mind posting a link for that thread you found? I can't seem to find it.:confused3

mrsz06 ---> I'll find the 200-post thread I found and give you the link later this morning. Gotta grab a quick shower, wake up the kids and get one of them to summer school first.

However the thread lbgraves mentioned, I could not find it on the weekend. Though yesterday was pretty busy. I'll look again, see if I can find it and let you know. I'm even more interested in the prices people paid for April 2012's cruise now! ;)

The link is in the FAQ thread under Booking History. It is the latest thread for the Wonder.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2695652

Great, thank you!

Here is a thread on Hawaii... not sure if that was what you were looking for.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2695686&highlight=hawaii

Thanks! I had not found that thread before. More to read.

mrsz06 --> Here's the thread I mentioned previously:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2694096&highlight=hawaii

I don't think DCL can wait until after the April 2012 Hawaii cruise sails before deciding on an October 2012 repeat.

We tried, on a whim, to see if we could get booked on this cruise - even though its been SOLD OUT since way back when...
Turned out that via DCL on the phone we were able to book!! They happened to have a single GTY Family Stateroom with Verandah available - so we took it!! Cost = almost $11,000!!!! :eek:
We still may reschedule before the December deadline since the cost is a little overwhelming... :scared:
But then again, we're 1/3 of the way paid already, so we may not!!
We've been comparing the costs of other vacations that we'd like to do too, such as going to WDW and a shorter cruise out of FL; or renting a house on one of the Hawaiian Islands for 2 weeks, but surprisingly, the cost - when factoring in airfare (NONE for us out of L.A. for the Hawaii cruise), rental car, food, etc. seems to be fairly comparable to the cruise price!!! :cutie:

I don't think DCL can wait until after the April 2012 Hawaii cruise sails before deciding on an October 2012 repeat.
Agreed. I don't see it happening as they have been selling cruises up and down the Califorina coast and a Mexico cruise for the same time period. Also some of the advertising is stating one time only. I think they may look at it again 2013 but I think it will be only the one in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter