12/20

IngridRalph

Mouseketeer
I just found out we have the opportunity to be at disneyland for one day Dec 20th. It is a Wednesday....how busy do you think it will be? I know it is just before Christmas but I am not sure all schools will be out yet. Alternatively we could go the 18 (Monday) or 19 (Tuesday). Any idea which day may be slower? I could probably swing two days but I don't know if I would be worth it to fight the crowds. I like Disneyland on a weekday in February normally, but I thought it might be fun to spend a night at the Grand California and enjoy the Holiday lights/displays/festivities. Anyone have any advice on midweek pre-christmas?

~Ingrid

I think the 18th & 19th may be slower at Disneyland. The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded it will get. I'm hoping the 18th & 19th are slow since I will be there at that time.

Isn't that time supposed to be some of the slowest times of the year?? We live in Central California, and our kids are not getting out until the 21st. I wonder what everyone else's schedule is?? Anyways, it's way, way better than after Christmas! :goodvibes Have fun! :tinker:

Most schools aren't out till the 21st or 22nd this year, so I'd say Mon and Tue the 18 and 19 should be a great time!

I went on December 20th a few years ago, and although it fell on a Friday (I think) I remember it being really slow!
There were no lines, and even when it hit afternoon/early evening, crowds were minimal. :goodvibes
I remember it being a really great day in the park! It was so nice to enjoy the christmas atmosphere and decorations so close to Christmas, but without the high crowd factor.

Thanks for all the suggestions/ideas. My kids get out on the 19th. I am thinking of taking them out on the 18 & 19 so we can spend three days...we'll see- I need to do a survey with them and see if they will be bummed if they miss school christmas parties.
~Ingrid

stampinshauna said:
I think the 18th & 19th may be slower at Disneyland. The closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded it will get. I'm hoping the 18th & 19th are slow since I will be there at that time.

We will be there at that time to :Pinkbounc Dec 14 to Dec 19th, I am hoping for low crowds as well. I live in central Texas and schools are out Dec 15. :banana: I will be pulling my boys out a day early(I have notified there schools 2nd and 6th grade), I am sure they will not mind missing there school parties. I plan to tell my boys when they wake up for school on Dec 14. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter