11 month availability - BWV

I managed to grab my standard studio for the last week of October/early Nov. I was amazed I got it. With 20% of the resort not available, it’s been tough. Not much is coming back for October and November. i think the marathon is the beginning of November followed by jersey week/veterans day holiday. I think the 7 month window will be tough for fall 2023.

Are you all worried about a construction zone for next fall?
I usually book BWVs at 7 months, but next year traveling with my grandson, which I wanted to go with him, it is very kid friendly, but
thinking I'm sticking with GFVs because of all the construction. Also, I worry about Mickey's cousins running around in sight with all the upheaval
and construction.

I am just torn but thought I would ask here too.

Thank you.
What is difficult to determine right now is what will be going on next fall. The refurb itself will likely start early 2023. Prior refurbs of BWV have taken close to a year to complete. The typical process internally is to do half a floor at time, thus leaving the rest of the resort open while any particular half floor is being done.. It usually starts on the fifth floor and works its way down.

The problem with next fall is that it is not clear what will be going on as part of the refurb at that time. DVC has closed all boardwalk view rooms starting Sep 9. 2023 and continuing thereafter -- thus far the closure goes at least through November 12 (you can check latest reservation times daily to see if another day has been added). It is unlikely that shut down involves refurbishment of the insides of the rooms and floors--if you are doing an internal refurb you don't do all five floors at once. Thus, it likely relates to something that will be done outside -- to the outer walls and maybe the boardwalk itself. Thus, one may assume that there is going to be some issues using the boardwalk during that time, which could favor staying elsewhere.

What is difficult to determine right now is what will be going on next fall. The refurb itself will likely start early 2023. Prior refurbs of BWV have taken close to a year to complete. The typical process internally is to do half a floor at time, thus leaving the rest of the resort open while any particular half floor is being done.. It usually starts on the fifth floor and works its way down.

The problem with next fall is that it is not clear what will be going on as part of the refurb at that time. DVC has closed all boardwalk view rooms starting Sep 9. 2023 and continuing thereafter -- thus far the closure goes at least through November 12 (you can check latest reservation times daily to see if another day has been added). It is unlikely that shut down involves refurbishment of the insides of the rooms and floors--if you are doing an internal refurb you don't do all five floors at once. Thus, it likely relates to something that will be done outside -- to the outer walls and maybe the boardwalk itself. Thus, one may assume that there is going to be some issues using the boardwalk during that time, which could favor staying elsewhere.
If all BW view rooms are so far already taken out for 2 months starting Sept 9, that does point at exterior work. And makes sense along with news about Cake Shop, Cafe, and common areas getting overhauled. Very exciting! But if they do not address any BW View interiors while they are out of commision for the exterior work, does that mean they’ll take them out again during the interior stage? It seems like a waste to vacate them twice, especially for such long periods of time.

If all BW view rooms are so far already taken out for 2 months starting Sept 9, that does point at exterior work. And makes sense along with news about Cake Shop, Cafe, and common areas getting overhauled. Very exciting! But if they do not address any BW View interiors while they are out of commision for the exterior work, does that mean they’ll take them out again during the interior stage? It seems like a waste to vacate them twice, especially for such long periods of time.
Several years ago, we were at the Boardwalk and all rooms on that wing were closed, both Boardwalk View and rooms on the other side of the hallway.

I suspect it’s so hard to get a room this fall because that entire wing might be closed.

In every refurb that has been done since BWV existed, the pattern for internal work has been the same. They do a half floor at a time, usually starting on the fifth floor -- the rooms on both sides of the hallways, and the hallways, were done at the same time. While any particular half floor was being done, all the other rooms, on the same floor and other floors remained opened. I doubt they would just hold off doing the interior work on all the boardwalk view rooms until next fall, but instead will start that much earlier in 2023, including because if they are working on the boardwalk view rooms inside, they really need to close rooms on both sides of the hallway (including because they will have work carts in the hallways), and the rooms across the hallway from boardwalk view rooms are pool/garden view rooms, and I doubt there is any intent for next fall to essentially shut down about half of all the rooms in the resort at one time for an extended period.

After five days of placing waitlist requests, I finally was able to get all the nights in the view I wanted! Five different reservations for a six night stay. :banana: Thanks, all, for the encouragement!
yay! Tomorrow, do a chat with MS to have them all merged.

Are you all worried about a construction zone for next fall?
I usually book BWVs at 7 months, but next year traveling with my grandson, which I wanted to go with him, it is very kid friendly, but
thinking I'm sticking with GFVs because of all the construction. Also, I worry about Mickey's cousins running around in sight with all the upheaval
and construction.

I am just torn but thought I would ask here too.

Thank you.
I’m worried about it! I have a standard view 2 bedroom booked, but I’m going to change resorts when I hit the 7 month mark. It would probably be fine, but we always stay at the boardwalk so I think trying something different will be nice anyway.

In every refurb that has been done since BWV existed, the pattern for internal work has been the same. They do a half floor at a time, usually starting on the fifth floor -- the rooms on both sides of the hallways, and the hallways, were done at the same time. While any particular half floor was being done, all the other rooms, on the same floor and other floors remained opened. I doubt they would just hold off doing the interior work on all the boardwalk view rooms until next fall, but instead will start that much earlier in 2023, including because if they are working on the boardwalk view rooms inside, they really need to close rooms on both sides of the hallway (including because they will have work carts in the hallways), and the rooms across the hallway from boardwalk view rooms are pool/garden view rooms, and I doubt there is any intent for next fall to essentially shut down about half of all the rooms in the resort at one time for an extended period.
What crossed my mind is that perhaps they have decided to take all the Boardwalk view rooms out of inventory as the out of service placeholder and they will assign them to people with pool/garden view as they work thru the resort. Would that be enough rooms to allow them to complete the work in the same manner without "bothering" to figure out specifically how it will play out by category?

What crossed my mind is that perhaps they have decided to take all the Boardwalk view rooms out of inventory as the out of service placeholder and they will assign them to people with pool/garden view as they work thru the resort. Would that be enough rooms to allow them to complete the work in the same manner without "bothering" to figure out specifically how it will play out by category?
Hmmmm...that is a very interesting thought! :scratchin

I have been debating on a week beginning either November 13 or November 27. We usually go earlier in the month. But now after reading this thread I am thinking I should try walking too if I can even do it. I am bringing a friend with me who hasn’t been to Disney in over 15 years. Trying to decide if she wouud enjoy food and wine festival more or getting to see all the Christmas decorations up the week after thanksgiving. Plus I was hoping it might be slightly less crowded that week.

wow, didn't notice the lack of all Boardwalk view studios.

I guess at some point during 2023, the availability will come back, question is if its before or after the 7 month window opens?

We just stayed at VGF on the side overlooked the Poly. There was only some construction noise. The Monorail was louder.

For me VGF already has fairly poor transportation so not having the very easy walking path would likely be a no go even further. We had done the walk to Capt Cooks multiple times and the walk to the Monorail every time we wanted to go to Epcot.

VGF is a great resort and its better than AKV for the transportation but its still not great especially for the point requirement. Going to be even worse when the new Poly Tower launches taking up even more space on the Monorail unless they save cars just for VGF in the future.

I’m really hoping to book a grand villa for January 2024 and the lack of any availability of those is making me nervous even though I’m still a ways away from my booking window! I can’t imagine they would take all the grand villas offline at the same time for a refurb?

I’m really hoping to book a grand villa for January 2024 and the lack of any availability of those is making me nervous even though I’m still a ways away from my booking window! I can’t imagine they would take all the grand villas offline at the same time for a refurb?
I think the Grand Villas are located on the wing that is undergoing renovations.

Currently known is that they are showing that all boardwalk view rooms, which includes all the BWV Grand Villas, will be unavailable for Sep 9, 2023, through Nov 16, 2023. We can check daily for availability at 11-months from any given date of arrival, which means today, Dec 10, 2022, we can check Nov 10 through Nov 16, 2023, since the system, at 11-months out, shows availability daily for the arrival date plus 6 nights after the arrival date. Thus far, the system has been adding one "unavailability" date per day in the online system. One would hope that this planned lack of availability ends before time in Jan 2024, but that is still an unknown. The one known is that DVC has never before taken all boardwalk view rooms out of service for any extended period, including during all past refurbs, so we are currently looking at something that has never happened before, and thus have nothing in the past that one could use to possibly predict any outcome.

Currently known is that they are showing that all boardwalk view rooms, which includes all the BWV Grand Villas, will be unavailable for Sep 9, 2023, through Nov 16, 2023. We can check daily for availability at 11-months from any given date of arrival, which means today, Dec 10, 2022, we can check Nov 10 through Nov 16, 2023, since the system, at 11-months out, shows availability daily for the arrival date plus 6 nights after the arrival date. Thus far, the system has been adding one "unavailability" date per day in the online system. One would hope that this planned lack of availability ends before time in Jan 2024, but that is still an unknown. The one known is that DVC has never before taken all boardwalk view rooms out of service for any extended period, including during all past refurbs, so we are currently looking at something that has never happened before, and thus have nothing in the past that one could use to possibly predict any outcome.
Thanks for your comment. I wasn’t aware of the timeline but will definitely be checking after Nov 16 to see if any of the BW view rooms come back online. I’ve been debating booking a studio and 2 BR as a backup but if that’s the case, I’d probably want to do standard view and that takes some pre-planning to do and unfortunately I’d likely need to walk those reservations which I have feelings about.

Sep 9, 2023, and after, thus far in the fall is having a very serious problem for booking BWV studios (and thus also 2BRs since all are lock-offs). Normally in the fall, right at 11-months out, you can have problems getting standard or boardwalk view studios but pool/garden studios are usually generally available. However, currently even pool/garden views are disappearing some days at exactly 11-months out. The reason: the boardwalk view rooms (all of them), are going to be taken out-of-service for refurbishment beginning Sep 9 and thus far at least through Oct 21 -- we learn daily watching availability if the date continues to be extended. Hopefully, this problem will not extend into January
I noticed this with one-bedrooms in September too.

I got lucky and was able to book a standard studio, now I don’t want to change it. Don’t want to chance messing anything up or losing it. I have just enough BW points for one week in November. I am excited to be able to bring a friend with me and have a girls trip!

Looks like the Boardwalk view villas are being released! Available for booking starting 12/24 (stays starting 11/24/23). Availability shows 11/24 available. Thats's the first day after the blackout that started on 9/9. Lots of folks participating in frenzy to get a reservation started on Christmas Eve 8 AM EST....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter