11:45am flight from Vancouver?

Kim in TN

Disney & Dachshund Lover Lurks daily, posts rarel
Is this doable? I know its not advisable, so when I booked our airfare
months ago I scheduled a 2:20 flight even paid more to get this and now
I received an email saying our flights have been changed to 11:45. UGH!

Is this doable? I know its not advisable, so when I booked our airfare
months ago I scheduled a 2:20 flight even paid more to get this and now
I received an email saying our flights have been changed to 11:45. UGH!

When you got the email telling you that, did you accept the change? If not, contact the airlines and tell them the change is not acceptable. They need to work with you to get a flight that works.

Our first DCL cruse, the airline changed our flight time (2 hours earlier, longer layover, later arrival). I immediately called them and told them the change wasn't acceptable. They booked us on a different airline that had flights almost exactly what I had booked originally.

If you're saying that you will be on the Alaskan cruise and that your flight leaves Vancouver at 11:45am, Disney will have this info too. I don't remember what time the ship clears customs, but you will probably be one of the first people off the boat when it does. They usually make an announcement for those people who have early flights to let guest services know. You don't put your luggage out the night before and carry it off the ship yourself. You will need to allow 3 hours just to be safe. If it makes you feel better, you can always call DCL and run it by them.

In Vancouver debarkation is called by character groups on the luggage tags...if you have a flight before noon, you will be in the first group (Mickey or whatever).

That being said, it is probably still a better bet to carry it off yourself. Barring some strange delay in docking the ship, if you do that I don't think you'll have a problem getting to the airport on time.

Remember, however, that if you are flying back to the US from Vancouver you will have to go through US customs in the Canadian airport, which can be lengthy.

We had a 12:00pm flight out of Vancouver and we had no problem making it. We were in the first group to get off the ship.

ETA -- We did put our luggage out the night before and picked it up before we boarded the bus for the airport. Because we had a connecting flight in Toronto (back to Baltimore), we didn't have to clear customs in Vancouver.

My mom was on a united flight that got changed to an 1145. It was her only option without doing a red eye.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I called DCL and they said although it wasn't
advisable we should be okay as long as no unforseen problems arise. They said to carry of our luggage and be in that first group off the ship. Same as DIS said lol I then called the airline they offered a discount since the current flight was a cheaper flight then the one we booked so at least that helps some. Now to keep
our fingers crossed that everything works out. :scared:

Same as DIS said lol I then called the airline they offered a discount since the current flight was a cheaper flight then the one we booked so at least that helps some.

So they wouldn't change you to a different flight? That's odd. Unless there was no flight to change you to.

Our flight leaves Vancouver at 12:10 so we aren't that much later than you. When I checked in online for our cruise it stated the recommended time was 12:00pm or later so you aren't that far off.

We will eat breakfast early and leave as early as we are allowed and will most likely take a taxi so we don't have to wait for the bus to fill up.

Have any of you had a 12 noon flight and been close? I know there are so many possible delays and circumstances but curious what the norm is.

Our situation was the same as OP - next flight was that night and we wouldn't get to NC until 24 hours later so we wanted to avoid that.

Heather

Just stumbled across this and wanted to give our update - although a few weeks late. We sailed 6/17-6/24 and had a 12:10pm flight out of Vancouver and had no problems making it. I think we were at the gate a little after 10am. We had early dining, ate in Parrot Cay, then had the first tags called off (Ariel) and grabbed a taxi and were on our way. We had no delays and I wouldn't hesitate to book a 12 noon flight again.

Hope this helps,
Heather

We had a 12:00 flight. Got off boat by 8:00 ( we walked luggage off), had a hired car pick us up and were at airport by 8:45. Had a but if delay when porter insisted we stand in international line despite fact we were flying to Toronto first. Made it over to domestic line and were at gate by 10:00.

My advice on international flights connections in Montreal and Toronto-- leave at least 2 hours as customs/immigration lines were lengthy and gates were spread out. We were literally running to make connections with 1.5 hour turnaround time. 2.5 hrs would be a reasonable window

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter