10th Anniversary at Victoria & Albert's - Salt Lick City?

Have you ever had a problem with overly salty foods at V&A's?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

np4gp

Always down for a day at Disney
I am not going to really post a review because most reviews are the same about this place - amazing!! I definitely agree except for 3 minor issues - courses 2, 3, and 4 :( My tofu, gnocchi and veggies from my veal course were all way too heavily salted. I don't know if someone different had a hand in my husband and I's dishes, but all of his dishes were perfectly seasoned while those 3 dishes of mine tasted like a salt lick...I feared sending them back because let's face it - who am I to send back dishes made in a kitchen known for such incredible food? I would have thought that it was just my being overly sensitive until my husband got to his Wagyu and I, my veal - both which were served with similar vegetables. His were amazing while mine actually had a crust of salt? Has anyone else ever had this problem here??

No other complaints - in fact I have a huge compliment to pay them - my husband and I went for our 10th anniversary and when I called to make the reservation I inquired about a particular champagne. They mentioned the price, but when we got there it was not on the menu so we asked our waiter. He couldn't find it either and asked the manager. I guess they don't always keep it on hand, but they made sure to have a bottle and the manager told the waiter they had it set aside for us :) Good people, wonderful experience, mild disappointments - but won't keep me from returning!

I am positive that you would not have offended the serving staff if you told them you found your dish too salty, especially when compared to your husband's dishes.

The only time I was served something too salty was at a food and wine pairing dinner at Todd English's bluezoo™ in October. Everyone at the event thought it was a salt lick, and the restaurant staff had acknowledged that course shouldn't have been served.

Next time you go, mention something to the servers when creating your menu that you'd like things to be a little less seasoned. That way, the chefs may eliminate some of the extra salt they use to season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter