10 Things NOT to do on a Disney Cruise

Snowecru

Earning My Ears
1. Stress - Don't stress over what other cruisers wear, eat, do. It is your vacation. You have saved and scrimped and traveled many of miles, do what you want to do, wear what you want to wear, eat what you want to eat. Most importantly, mind your own beeswax.

2. Push, Shove, Cheat - Don't push and shove and cheat your way to the head of the line. Remember your manners. Your children are watching, your deity is watching. Be Nice.

3. Lie - Don't lie about what DCL Reservations have told you, or didn't tell you. It's on record and you'll end up looking like a jerk. No, really.

4. Expect perfection. Perfection doesn't exist. Look it up.

5. Plan every second of your day. We all know what happens when you plan things, right? You are on vacation to relax, so relax.

6. Complain that your vacation was ruined because of ____________ - Worst case scenario, you die on the ship. Okay, you're On A Cruise Ship. Dead. Then what?

7. Forget to bring your sense of humor - your kid spills his juice, gets cranky, you miss a show. Such is life. Get over it.

8. Complain that noone told you to fill out/print your documents - Who is going on the cruise? You, right? Noone else is responsible for you but you. Read directions.

9. Expect your children to have better manners than what you have taught them. If you act like a whiny complaining complainer, Do Not chastise your kids for doing the same. You taught them this!!

10. Waste time standing in line for collectible trinkets - The economy is tanking, you've clipped coupons to get here, do you really need seventeen collectible keychains made in China?

Amen to OP's observations! But remember too, if you see a complaining guest, or a line cutter, etc., it's an isolated incident. Don't judge all passengers, or characterize your cruise experience, on that incident. As OP suggests, let it roll, look around at the great time your family is having and the 1000 other families on the ship are having! :cloud9:

Things to do:

- Plan ahead (but not down to the minute of your day)! Research the cruise so you know what may interest you (the "not misses" for your family), read the daily navigator the night before or at breakfast.

-Be prepared to be spontanious! You just may need a Plan B - itineraries get re-routed, excursions get cancelled, your kids may get overtired! Go with the flow!:thumbsup2

- Relax, it's all good! Enjoy the moment, don't expect it to be "perfect in every possible way that your family expects it to be", if you know what I mean, and you will find you are having a wonderful vacation!:cool2:

10. Waste time standing in line for collectible trinkets - The economy is tanking, you've clipped coupons to get here, do you really need seventeen collectible keychains made in China?

Individuals buying 17 collectables usually have one thing on their mind...eBay. In turn taking away merchandise others may want to buy at sticker price while on the cruise they traveled and saved to be on.

Rule 11: stop buying all the good stuff just to resell on eBay.

11. "Reserve" poolside lounge chairs (with a book or towel), and never use them.

12. Stiff your waitstaff.

Woody

1. Stress - Don't stress over what other cruisers wear, eat, do. It is your vacation. You have saved and scrimped and traveled many of miles, do what you want to do, wear what you want to wear, eat what you want to eat. Most importantly, mind your own beeswax.

2. Push, Shove, Cheat - Don't push and shove and cheat your way to the head of the line. Remember your manners. Your children are watching, your deity is watching. Be Nice.

3. Lie - Don't lie about what DCL Reservations have told you, or didn't tell you. It's on record and you'll end up looking like a jerk. No, really.

5. Plan every second of your day. We all know what happens when you plan things, right? You are on vacation to relax, so relax.

6. Complain that your vacation was ruined because of ____________ - Worst case scenario, you die on the ship. Okay, you're On A Cruise Ship. Dead. Then what?

7. Forget to bring your sense of humor - your kid spills his juice, gets cranky, you miss a show. Such is life. Get over it.

8. Complain that noone told you to fill out/print your documents - Who is going on the cruise? You, right? Noone else is responsible for you but you. Read directions.

9. Expect your children to have better manners than what you have taught them. If you act like a whiny complaining complainer, Do Not chastise your kids for doing the same. You taught them this!!

Great, great post!!!! Thanks for your thoughts!

I love these....this one is the one I like the most. Dont forget to bring your sense of humor - your kid spills his juice, gets cranky, you miss a show. Such is life. Get over!

LOL your too funny! My family is going our 1st DC in May and the only thing we have to think about is HAVING FUN!!!!

Thanks a lot, before now the thought of Dying on the ship never occured to us:eek:

I agree with all but #1

I think I will find and bump up the cruise etiquette thread....that has not been around in awhile.

MJ

All good advice but I LOVE #6!!! :lmao:

This reminds me of when my DSs were younger and I'd ask them to do a chore or something and they'd complain; my reply was always "Look, I'm not asking you to walk across hot coals or pull your fingernails out, or to do a tap dance in front of strangers. Just go do *whatever*...and keep things in perspective, ok??" It always worked! :thumbsup2

AMEN - really my only complaint on Disney Cruises. I wish they would enforce this more stringently.

I recently saw a new report where the Germans and the British are in a huge battle over hotel pool chairs in Spain. It is a such a problem that new people are putting their stuff on the pool chairs the night before. Others are retaliating by putting honey on said chairs to attract bugs. It is quite a big mess at all hotels over there.

The hotels/travel agents are now instituting a "pre pay for your chair" to try to alleviate the problem...but are only offering it to the Germans. Bizarre!!!

Here is a similar article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...-Germans-won-the-War-of-the-Beach-Towels.html

Maybe DCL will go this route...

MJ

Thank you! You all are fun! :hug:

Feel free to use this list however you want. :teacher:

I forgot about the dern loungers! We don't usually sit for very long, but when we do, we see a lot of the chair hogging. Okay, maybe chair hogging is a bit ah, negative :rolleyes1 maybe it's for the invisible friends?:confused3

Have a Magical Sunday!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter