10/6 Mystery Cruise Trip Report - Day 2

Scott5150

4 Time Magic Crusier and Disney Grand Slam (Disney
We woke up around 8 and were docked at our Beautiful island, Castaway Cay. I was dissapointed that I slept through the docking, I always love to watch them steer it in. We went in stern first. (On friday, we docked bow first, since we were late getting there.)

We ate breakfast at Topsiders (like every day this week). I went through the buffet line and got some stuff and went to sit down. THEN I saw the made to order omletts and Mickey Waffles in the center station between the buffet lines. Well, the omletts were great, and the Mickey waffles were better. They were the small ones, and they taste better than any waffles I have ever had. If anyone has the recipe, please send it my way. I think that I Mickey Waffle Iron will be on my christmas list this year! Well, DS and I ate tons of Mickey Waffles each morning for breakfast. It was one of the 2-3 foods he loved on the cruise, so he stocked up in the morning.

Castaway Cay was as great as we remembered it, but it was different with an infant. We had to stay in the Family beach area. Lucas loved sitting in the water and splashing, but unfortunately he would get the salt water in his eyes and it would burn. We spent a few great hours there, grabbed lunch at Cookies, and returned to the ship for a 2 hour afternoon siesta. BTW - you need to bring a picture ID with you ANYTIME you leave the ship.

We had dinner Parrot Cay that night - Master Chef series. I had Lamb that was very good. There was a thread a few weeks ago trashing that menu, but ours was very good.

Captain Hans informed us of his decision to go to San Juan today. He explained that the port on St Maarten was in the south, which is where the storm was. He did not think that we would be able to dock on Tuesday. San Juan's port is on the North and would be protected from the swells. Captain Hans was VERY forthcoming with information and explanations as to why he made the changes. Everyone was very happy that he made sure we had a great trip.

I later found out that since the Magic has never docked in San Juan for excursions before, the Cruise Directors scrambled to get us about 10 excursions to choose from. I am not a very experienced cruiser, but it is hard to imagine that any other ship is run as well as the Disney Magic.

We skipped Herc tonite since we saw it twice before. Crashed early still trying to catch up on the sleep we lost from getting up at 3am on Sat.

Scott

Hi Scott, Amy & Lucas,

It is great reliving our trip over again through your report. I bought the DCL Screensaver while on board. It has beautiful pictures of Castaway Cay. It is hard to believe that just a week ago we were enjoying such great weather, while here in Upstate New York we had snow flurries last night.

Michelle

I am so excited to read new reports.

I am getting antsy because we will be cruising in about a week!!! I hope I have a great trip report to post also.
Looking forward to more reports!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The trip report is great, I'm looking forward to the next part!! BTW thanks for the info on the salt water with your DS. My DD who will be 3 loves splashing too, so I'll have to warn her ahead of time, never thought about it before.
Nicole
Disney Magic Jan 26/ 02

Hi Scott and Amy:
Believe it or not I am just getting around to reading this. It is nice to look back on such a great time even now and look forward to next time! I don't think you received my prior emails, because I thought I was forwarding them to our "10-6 group" and apparently my husband realized I did not send them. It would be great to hear from you guys. Email us if you can.
Maria
Take care.

Hi! I have never cruised before but will be very soon 1/13/02--4-day . I am not very interested in any of the excursions offered through DCL. While in port are there any nearby beach location--not into the island shopping especially w/ the 3 kids, 7,5and 3. We will be docking in both Nassau and Freeport. Also, would it be better to just stay on board for some of this time rather than go ashore.? Of course we are looking forward to Castaway Cay and I wish we would be there longer. Iguess I am just not sure what to expect to find within the vicinity of the ports. Your experienced and expert advice is appreciated.

We were on this mystery cruise, too! It was our first cruise ever and we weren't disppointed we skipped St. Maarten, as we have vacationed there before. We weren't impressed with San Juan, but we had a FANTASTIC time on the cruise!

Are any of the Oct 6, 2001 cruises planning on taking the Oct 12, 2002 Columbus Day cruise? We are seriously considering...the kids would rather cruise then go to DW.

M*M :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter