10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) - Thread 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rikki is back from her stay at the vet's office since last Thursday.
Quite a brush with death, a bad virus that kept her not wanting to eat or drink, she was so dehydrated they put her on an IV and tube fed her!

But she's home!

(yikes! i earned lots with my Disney card for all that! $1400 for everything since the emergency vet too).

Glad she made it Rose:hug:

And did I mention that Bob took the firefighter test a few weekends ago?

He so wants to be a fireman

Test results in 6-8 weeks.

Good luck Bob:yay:

OK this is going to sound horrible, but my way of coping is taking a vacation without the kiddos, and am lucky to have grandparents to take them when we did. Yes I am that terrible mom who has to be away for awhile before I even start to miss them. Love them to death, but think sometimes that they will be the death of me if I don't.

We do get the odd weekend away, (usually once a year)....but I miss him the whole time he's not with us:lmao:

Gee Karen...All I can say is "Been there, done that". I just resigned myself to be happy that he was a good kid who never gave us too much trouble.

Sounds like its quite common:eek: He is a good kid at heart, never in trouble, knows right from wrong etc, and for that I'm truly grateful It just breaks my heart seeing him waste his education.

Awe, c'mon. Bring him along...get married on Castaway Cay....we'd love to see a wedding there, wouldn't we ladies?

It's all about us.

Hey! - I love that idea!...pick me, pick me! - I'll be bridesmaid!:yay:

Gosh darn it. I finally got caught up on the last 130 pages, and was going to sign up. I was hoping that all thirty people did not sign up, but I forgot about the date deadline. Oh well, there is allways next cruise.

If you still want to play just email me and I'll add your details - names, room number abnd kids ages.:thumbsup2 I'm sure the other players wont mind :)

Hmmm, I'll bet if you pm Karen, she might still let you in, since we hadn't hit 30 yet.

There you go! - see! - I told you they wouldnt mind!

Jay in front of a F-15 Eagle.
Mobile057.jpg

Sam in a cockpit cutaway.
Mobile061.jpg

Loving your piccies:thumbsup2

bah.. housework...supper..lol I hear ya I was home all day due to some food poisoning I think.. but i am much better now.. craving real food.. all bad for me of course..lol

Sorry to hear you weren't well Bernie:hug:

Ok here's mine....

Our amazing hosts and great co-guests

julytrip6.jpg

julytrip3.jpg

Shot of one of the fireworks that Jeff and Chris set off

julytrip1.jpg

Brill photos :thumbsup2

Karen,

My DS # 2 is exactly like that. He could write a book on how to get the most out of the littlest work. It has always made me crazy and still does. But he has enjoyed every minute of life. His first grade teacher used to send him to read to the principle to keep him busy. He will be graduating from college in April. Not on any honor rolls, but never lost his scholarships and enjoyed college. I am sure if he wanted to go to law school or med school his grades would matter, but a solid B did him well.

You can't stress out, I did make him do homework before he could do anything else. They were very active in sports so the coaches also helped to get them to keep the grades up. Good luck and remember to pick your battles there are much bigger ones ahead.

We dont have sprts coaches over here like you do there. If they want to play sports its just an extra curricular activity and it doesnt matter what grades they have.

Thanks for the reminder about choosing my battles carefully.:hug: Its easy to get sidelined on one negative when he has so many wonderful positives about him:cutie:

:lmao:
seems you ladies enjoying burying bigred in my absence on the DCL fantasy cruise.:rotfl2:

Well call me Indiana Jones and i'm going on a treasure hunt looking for a "buried treasure".:love::lovestruc
and dont worry, i'm sure they have an air pump on the ship.:thumbsup2

:lmao: She'll need more than an airpump. :rolleyes1

Morning all

G'night peeps - I'm off to workout on my treadmill - maybe I can take out some of my frustration with a few thousand steps.:rolleyes:

Sorry to whine everyone :flower3: - I'm just looking for hints on how you all cope and still come out the other end sane and smiling!

Did you make WW yesterday???

2 little bits of news:

Rikki is back from her stay at the vet's office since last Thursday.
Quite a brush with death, a bad virus that kept her not wanting to eat or drink, she was so dehydrated they put her on an IV and tube fed her!

But she's home!:banana::cool1:

You should see how shaved her paws/leg and neck are from blood tests and IV's:eek:

Amazing they can put an IV into such a teeny tiny thing.

Anyway, she's happy to be home:thumbsup2

(yikes! i earned lots with my Disney card for all that! $1400 for everything since the emergency vet too).:headache:

Excellent news Rose.

I got some pictures posted on photobucket from our vacation. While it probably isn't in demand as much as the WI DIS meet, I thought I'd share. Forgive me if there are a couple I have already shared. I can't remember which ones from earlier in the week that I have posted.

Crossing into Delaware via the Delaware Memorial Bridge
Mobile036.jpg

Coming out of the Ft. McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore...made us get giddy for the cruise.
Mobile037.jpg

Seeing Marine One as we cross into Virginia.
Mobile038.jpg

Crossing into Virginia...the home of many BOBers.
Mobile039.jpg

Thanks for the pics Chris. Seeing any photos passes the time along just right.

Anyway, today Sam said, "Dad can i try flipping off the board?" I said, "sure why not" As soon as she did it once, I grabbed my BlackBerry and took video with it the next two times. Here is that video.

Sam doing flips...the kid is amazing

Woo Hoo! - way to go Sam!

I have ripped up spelling words and made them do them over many times. They really get mad, but the writing got better.

:thumbsup2

This has always been the rule in our house, too. It works for us.:thumbsup2

Us too, it just takes an hour of arguing before he actually picks up his pencil:rolleyes:

karens going to be one happy bobber tomorrow eh?:cutie:

She sure is!:yay:

It's not legal there either.:lmao:

Norty Jeff!:scared1:

Jen, Robin, Mike and Cass:
July62009126.jpg

Bendy, me and Sistah P!
July62009123.jpg

Jen and Bendy too! -:eek: was it only us that didnt make it:sad1:

Hey everyone,
Sorry to bring the light mood down, but just found out that my SIL dad is on life support. He was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. My SIL is flying from CA to Virginia and I am sure her and her family could use prayers right now.
Thanks a bunch in advance.

Prayers on the way:hug:

Did you make WW yesterday???

Good morning Heather - wuite a bit of catching up to do this morning:woohoo:

Yes, I found a new meeting - the leader seems nice:thumbsup2 I'm back on my points and exercising after my weekend away:thumbsup2

Ok here's mine....

Our amazing hosts and great co-guests

julytrip6.jpg

Nothing unusual here....:rolleyes1

julytrip5.jpg

It felt just like the cruise...big buffets with chocolate croissants to die for :love:

julytrip7.jpg

Mike was all set here...

julytrip4.jpg

Again, nothing unusual...notice how Mike is "lifting a finger" :lmao:

julytrip2.jpg

Some cool people showed up shortly after me...love this pic!

julytrip3.jpg

Shot of one of the fireworks that Jeff and Chris set off

julytrip1.jpg

Wow, wow, wow.

Great pics EVERYONE!!!!:thumbsup2

I had the most amazing weekend ever!!! I never laughed so much. I'm really sad that it's all over. :sad:

Here are some pictures that I have. I won't post those that repeat the others though:

Cass arrives
July62009087.jpg

Mike and Robin arrive
:
July62009092.jpg

The best guests ever! :
July62009108.jpg

Chuck and Mike playing Wii
July62009116.jpg

Look! a hidden Mickey!
July62009110.jpg

A crazy Sistah P
July62009135.jpg

Janice and Mark w/kids

July62009134.jpg

Jen, Robin, Mike and Cass:
July62009126.jpg

Bendy, me and Sistah P!
July62009123.jpg

That's it from me. :flower3:

Even more Wow's

Hey everyone,
Sorry to bring the light mood down, but just found out that my SIL dad is on life support. He was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. My SIL is flying from CA to Virginia and I am sure her and her family could use prayers right now.

Oh no..:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hey everyone,

:wizard::hug:

Good morning Heather - quite a bit of catching up to do this morning:woohoo:

Yes, I found a new meeting - the leader seems nice:thumbsup2 I'm back on my points and exercising after my weekend away:thumbsup2

How did you do???

How did you do???

I put a bit on, but I expected that having to eat out all weekend.

Its not defeated me though - I got straight back to counting my points yesterday:thumbsup2 I'm aiming to save 2 each day and earn 1 activity point each day too.

I put a bit on, but I expected that having to eat out all weekend.

Its not defested me though - I got straight back to counting my points yesterday:thumbsup2 I'm aiming to save 2 each day and earn 1 activity point each day too.

Well you don't sound disheartened, quite the opposite and as you know why you put on that's the first step. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Good morning everyone...

Just finishing up my Fruity Pebbles and catching up on last evenings and this mornings posts.

Heading out to the golf course in a few minutes. It should be a good time. I just hope I don't do too bad. I haven't swung a club in a few years! :lmao:

I will have more pictures to post later today.

Good morning all! We are getting ready for the wedding which is on Sat. It has been very stressful the last week or so but it will be over soon. :mickeybar I will have some great stories for CC. The cruise is one of the things getting me through all of the drama. I am going to try and catch up on the thread. :surfweb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter