• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 week to go!!!

daretodream

Mouseketeer
:cool1: We are sooooo excited about our first family trip to the world! DH and I used to work at MGM during college (15 years ago) We have been anxiously awaiting to take our family and felt that free dining was a perfect opportunity. We did a short trip when our oldest DD was just a little over 1. Our DD-10,DS-6, and DD-3 are very excited. We told them a week after we made the reservations. We are staying at POR 9/12-9/17. Hoping the crowds won't be too bad. We have PS for 1900 Fare, Ohana's,Sci-fi, and Teppanyaki,and Whispering Canyon. Hope it won't be too much for children. If it is we'll cancel and change plans. Can't decide if we should do AK. Our tickets are base tickets for 4 days and not sure if we want to use ticket for 1/2 day AK(I've heard it only takes about 4-5 hours to do) or let children pick favorite park to return to. Any suggestions! I know much has changed over the last 10 years. I love this site. I'm learning sooo much! Thanks to all for the many comments. I feel as though I've traveled with you!

Hey! welcome - I'm new too! I'll be at Port Orleans Riverside Sept.9-15.
I understand what you mean about Animal Kingdom, but I HAVE to go there to get on Dinosaur! I LOVE that ride!
I hope that you'll have a great time! I'm just starting to pack! :banana:

Me, too, but DL! First time, one week, one very long week! :cool1:

WELCOME! :goodvibes

daretodream said:
:cool1: We are sooooo excited about our first family trip to the world! DH and I used to work at MGM during college (15 years ago) We have been anxiously awaiting to take our family and felt that free dining was a perfect opportunity. We did a short trip when our oldest DD was just a little over 1. Our DD-10,DS-6, and DD-3 are very excited. We told them a week after we made the reservations. We are staying at POR 9/12-9/17. Hoping the crowds won't be too bad. We have PS for 1900 Fare, Ohana's,Sci-fi, and Teppanyaki,and Whispering Canyon. Hope it won't be too much for children. If it is we'll cancel and change plans. Can't decide if we should do AK. Our tickets are base tickets for 4 days and not sure if we want to use ticket for 1/2 day AK(I've heard it only takes about 4-5 hours to do) or let children pick favorite park to return to. Any suggestions! I know much has changed over the last 10 years. I love this site. I'm learning sooo much! Thanks to all for the many comments. I feel as though I've traveled with you!
My boys love AK...Safari, Dinosaur, Kali, Jungle Trek, Bugs Life, and they are really looking forward to Everest. AK is a huge park (I believe it is the biggest). If there was any way you could add the hopping feature to your tickets...I would do that so you can go to another park when you were done. Personally I think MGM is a 1/2 day park...but since you worked there you might feel differently. I would do AK in the am, and swithch over to MGM for the afternoon/evening to do Fantasmic...and then that will leave you with 1 day to revisit 1 or two parks. If you can not add the hopping, I guess I would do AK unless there were a lot of rides that you could not do at MK or want to go back to Epcot espically with the free dining.
I love POR so have a wonderful trip and Good luck :cheer2:

Thanks for the advice. I guess we'll just wait and see how crowded the parks are, the weather, etc... Just changed our last night dinner from Whispering Canyon to Spoodles. Any comments? Also, has anyone ever made any last minute upgrades from moderate to deluxe. I'm getting a little concerned over the room size at POR for a family of 5. :cool1:

We too are leaving in a week 9/14-9/21.... Heres too some GREAT weather doesnt look so promising right now but if we all pray together might help!!!!! :wizard:
Have lots FUN!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana:

thanks for all the advice! We made a change in our plans. We decided to stay another night and add another park day on our package. Now we can see AK and then let the children return to their fav. park. :cool1:

daretodream said:
Thanks for the advice. I guess we'll just wait and see how crowded the parks are, the weather, etc... Just changed our last night dinner from Whispering Canyon to Spoodles. Any comments? Also, has anyone ever made any last minute upgrades from moderate to deluxe. I'm getting a little concerned over the room size at POR for a family of 5. :cool1:

I think you should be fine at Port Orleans. We're staying at POP for the first 5 nights, then moving to AKL, but of course we have 2 rooms since my Aunt and Uncle are coming with us, so Aubrey will be staying with them. Did you look at the pictures of Port Orleans on allearsnet.com? That's another good site I forgot to mention to you. Lots of GREAT pictures of the rooms. :wave2:

Yes, I've been looking at every picture I can possibly find. Allears is where I found the menus for all the restaurants. I think for the little amount of time we'll be in the rooms we should be fine. We are planning to come back in the afternoons so Bekah can take a nap. We want her to be rested for all the late night fun! Anything after 8:00 is late night for her. :wave: Tell Jordan I said hello!! :earboy2:

We will probably come back in the afternoon's as well. 9 days is alot of park time. And while Bekah is taking a nap, Tony can be in the pool with the older ones. Port Orleans has a GREAT pool. And you can put your feet up for a few minutes as well. I'm hoping Chuck doesn't take up all the nap time on our vacation...lol. He works so much, he needs to hang out with these kids. Mommy REALLY needs a vacation...lol.
(((Hugs)))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter