1 TS credit-where to go?

casieleigh

Earning My Ears
Cancelling San Angel Inn ADR (not sure adults in our crowd would go for the limited menu--we have some pickyish adults). We will have 11 people, including 3 kiddos (ages 5, 4 and 18mo). I expected to just take whatever ADR we could get, but surprisingly, nearly everything has an opening--I suppose b/c it's mid week at a slow time. Here's where we are already going. What would you say we have "missed" or need to see on our first trip with 1 TS credit?? It's our FIRST trip to Disney and this particular day is "free" so it can really be at any park or resort.

Chef Mickey's
Le Cellier
Tusker House
Hollywood and Vine
Rainforest Cafe
Ohana

Ok you could try: Captains Grille( great steak!), cape may cafe( clam bake good seafood plus land lovers food too) grand floridian cafe (good steak some seafood pasta etc) kona cafe( great Asian food but I see u r already going to O'hana) these are all great restaurants with great food and you get to check out other resorts. Btw not sure of u already did this. Check out the menus on allearsnet.com

For first-timer, I usually suggest "fun factor" over pure food quality, though I would never steer anyone someplace where the food was bad. For a single TS credit, I would suggest:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Via Napoli
Teppan Edo (unless you have hibachi grill restaurants in your area)
Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi Theater (but I put this one a bit lower on the scale than the others).

These places present an "I must be in Disney World" feel (again, with the exception of Teppan Edo if this style of dining is already familiar to you). You will get reliable food and a fun, Disney environment.

JimmyV said:
For first-timer, I usually suggest "fun factor" over pure food quality, though I would never steer anyone someplace where the food was bad. For a single TS credit, I would suggest:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Via Napoli
Teppan Edo (unless you have hibachi grill restaurants in your area)
Crystal Palace
Sci-Fi Theater (but I put this one a bit lower on the scale than the others).

These places present an "I must be in Disney World" feel (again, with the exception of Teppan Edo if this style of dining is already familiar to you). You will get reliable food and a fun, Disney environment.

Love these suggestions! Totally agree. although i gotta say i love scifi! good food and atmosphere.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

I would go for 50s PTC...gotta love that place..

Keeping you in Epcot, how about Biergarten? Lots of different kinds of food, sure to have something for everyone. And it is a lot of fun!

I second 50s primetime or Biergarten. Both are lots of fun and food is good.

How about Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge? We really enjoyed our meal here and it was a fun place for the children too.

50's Prime Time is a lot of fun! They have some pretty basic foods too. I'm generally a picky eater, but there was plenty on the menu I was interested in.

Captain's Grille was hands down the best meal of our last trip. The Yacht/beach Clubs and Boardwalk areas are great to explore after dinner.

klinlin said:
Captain's Grille was hands down the best meal of our last trip. The Yacht/beach Clubs and Boardwalk areas are great to explore after dinner.

I am so glad to hear that Captain's Grille is very good. We have an up coming trip next month and have an ADR for there but have never eaten there before! Yay very excited.

klinlin said:

Agree I would choose this for the food alone! I know some people think experience but iWork rather have good food! Maybe cause I have been to Disney a million times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter