1 parent 2 kids...can I do this?

I forgot to mention that there are family restrooms located in all the parks so you can all go potty together (which helps ALOT to have the older child locked in the same bathroom with you while your changing the little ones diaper!) :)

Also, use the baby centers! My fav is in AK, it looks like a day care center. They have family restrooms, tv room, toys, coloring area, a separate room to change the baby in (wipes and Huggies provided!), microwaves, high chairs, etc... They also sell formula, diapers, pacifiers, meds, etc...We always hit the baby centers for a break. let the baby crawl around the tv toy area. Even just for the adults to make a potty break. Your all in a/c and can just relax a bit. They're usually empty in AK and Epcot. Never been to the one in DHS (we don't last very long at that park!) :rotfl:

Avoid the baby center in MK at all costs! It's crowded and usually smells of dirty diapers!:scared1:

I am going with my 2 boys in October by myself - no DH any longer so I don't have a choice. :lmao: I was nervous at first and kept asking myself - are you crazy?!?! - but now I am feeling better after reading these boards. I feel I'm doing my homework and getting prepared. Plus I think alot of it does depend on the parent - if you become used to doing things on your own with your kids and not having the other parent there to help, then you learn to adapt and the children. My kids listen well and I think it's going to be a great trip for us!!!

I read a thread where someone asked about Moms and bathrooms with young boys and and I have that issue at home too but it's not a problem because I drag them into the Women's room with me. They don't even attempt to go into the Men's room because they know the rule. :rotfl:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! to everyone who took the time to reply. :thumbsup2 I feel so much better about going, having read all these great tips and been there, done that experiences! This is THE BEST community.

We don't currently have a double stroller, because DD4 refuses to ride in one. We went to Disneyland last September and took 2 strollers--she didn't sit in it once! :confused3 However, with everything I have read, I suspect WDW might be a different case, especially at Epcot. I'll be checking into this. I also have a Mei Tei baby carrier, but thought DS might get hot being so close to me (especially in September).

I will definately be purchasing backpack/leash type things, just for my own peace of mind. I am avoiding buffets for the reasons already posted, and kicking up my workout routine so I'll be in the best possible shape to keep up! :rotfl2:

Bottom line, this is a vacation to spend quality time with my kids. As someone mentioned, home if full of distractions/responsibilities. I think it's going to be great!

Thanks again for all the input. It's really helped me regain my confidence (although why I doubted myself I don't know!)

Gianna

I read a thread where someone asked about Moms and bathrooms with young boys and and I have that issue at home too but it's not a problem because I drag them into the Women's room with me. They don't even attempt to go into the Men's room because they know the rule. :rotfl:

Family bathroom :thumbsup2

We don't currently have a double stroller, because DD4 refuses to ride in one. We went to Disneyland last September and took 2 strollers--she didn't sit in it once! :confused3 However, with everything I have read, I suspect WDW might be a different case, especially at Epcot. I'll be checking into this. I also have a Mei Tei baby carrier, but thought DS might get hot being so close to me (especially in September).

Kids in WDW ride in strollers until they physically can't fit :lmao: Joovy caboose or Sit n Stand are the best choices for an older child who will need a seat, but doesn't want to be in a stroller. My DS4 loves the freedom to hop on and off the stroller.

The baby carrier you'll probably wear most in Fantasy land in MK. You will need to be able to have your hands free to assist your older child on the rides and also on boarding the bus. I have the One Step Ahead hip carrier, http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=533897&cmSource=Search. It's very lightweight and easy to get on and off. It's also great for those preshow when you have to hold the little one before entering the theater like Muppets 3D.

I will definately be purchasing backpack/leash type things, just for my own peace of mind. I am avoiding buffets for the reasons already posted, and kicking up my workout routine so I'll be in the best possible shape to keep up! :rotfl2:

You might have to avoid some of the counter service too, I didn't fit in Pizza Planet in DHS with the stroller. They have bars to separate the rows for each register, they are very narrow. Make sure the counter service is a direct walk up.

Don't forget ID tags for the kids. Mine wear engraved dogtags from Walmart $5 each (you make them in the machine at the front of the store). I wrote "If lost, please call my daddy's cell phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx." Daddy's cell phone is always on due to business, mommy's is off on vacation :lmao: I put the dogtag on their shoe.

Its great to read all these tips. I will also be alone with 2 kids (5 and 2) at WDW while DH is at a conference. I take the kids all over the place by myself usually, anyway, so hopefully it will only be better since we're at WDW:lmao:

:) My boys are crazy together and in Jan my husband had a conference in South Beach and we stayed there at the hotel and in South Beach (the boys and myself) without my DH everyday for a week. It was rough at times with a few meltdowns, but otherwise, they were just excited to be on vacation :)
Good luck and HAVE FUN!!

I did it in Dec 06. It was very easy, maybe because they are seasoned, I'm not sure. I took the double stroller, they both sat the entrie time which made it a million times better. The busses were easy because there was always someone who offered to help with the stroller.

I saw the thread below re: losing things at the world, and it caught my eye. I am taking my DD4 and DS1 (who will be almost 2) in september and losing one of them while attending to another/distracted is a major theme that keeps running through my mind.

I am sure I am not the first parent to go solo to WDW with 2 littles. :rolleyes1 Anyone else do it and have advice? Any and all would be much appreciated!

FYI, we are staying at the Poly for 8 nights with free dining, and flying all the way from Nevada!

Thanks!
Gianna
Eh- don't stress. You watch your own kids all the time. WDW is no different. You know what to expect from them. It's like going to the mall only fun! The Poly is great and you will have so much fun! Just relax and do what you always do when you take them out and you will be fine.princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter